It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2008, 11:59 PM   #1
(female)

geeennnaa HB User
My Hearing lasted ..

my hearing before the alj lasted only 10 minutes. the vocational guy told the judge first thing there were no jobs for me. what is the likely hood of the alj decision...

Old 12-15-2008, 05:25 AM   #2
(female)

rushkasmom HB User
Re: My Hearing lasted ..

Your question sounded exactly like what happened to me 2 years ago. I was called in for my first hearing with the ALJ, the vocational guy that was in there seemed so helpful, and answered all the questions about me working with a no. My lawyer and I both thought that was a good sign, two weeks later I get a letter in the mail telling me I was turned down. I'm not trying to discourage you, but I wondered after that happened why the judge didn't listen to the vocational guy. And you know the funny thing, when I went back for my second hearing last week and was approved, it was the same judge and the very same vacational guy from 2 years ago. And I was approved this time! Go figure!!
Good Luck!! Patti in SC

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2008, 10:07 AM   #3
(female)

debi1957 HB User
Smile Re: My Hearing lasted ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeennnaa View Post
my hearing before the alj lasted only 10 minutes. the vocational guy told the judge first thing there were no jobs for me. what is the likely hood of the alj decision...
this sounds good. I had 2 hearings with a VR,who said there was work I could do. My las hearing I had a new VR and new judge. VR said there was no work i could do, and I won. I have to say Congratulations.

Old 12-19-2008, 01:42 AM   #4
(female)

skdjsf HB User
Re: My Hearing lasted ..

I almost think they hope we will die before they give a favorable decision and the money owed. I know someone who's mother was waiting for her back pay and she died the day before her money came. The family had to return it even though they were her only means of support. I think that is so unfair.

Part of the decision for me getting disability had to do with the lack of jobs in my field. So maybe that is a good sign. Sure hope so.
Don't give up.
S

Closed Thread