It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2008, 09:41 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User
What should I expect at my hearing?

Hi all, I am FINALLY having my SSD hearing Jan 21 in federal court. They are not using an ME, but are using a VE at the hearing. I have been given 5 SS disability ratings (numbers) from the neuropsych including dementia, affective mood disorder, memory loss, tbi, and moderately-severe depression all from my head injury with a recommendation to continue to seek SS as I will never fully recover to work again. My neurologist added in stenosis, degenerative disc disease, multiple fusions. My rheumatologist added in full body affected arthritis with some some joint damage, fibromyalgia, chronic pain, and myofascial pain syndrome. I am currently taking 13 medications of which only 2 do not cause drowsiness or altered functioning. My gp added in controlled thyroid disease and controlled high blood pressure. My psychiatrist is works for the state and says they cannot fill out the forms (SC), but that with all I have listed and accounted for he believes this will be a walk through and I should get stamped approval. I never count on anything though. I will have my sit down with my attorney in the morning to go over my case and witness testimony. He did my wc in 2006 for the head injury, so I wont fill out all that mess. I plan to just list what body part is injured/hurt and how it affects me daily. Any suggestions for what I should be prepared for or add to my witness statement? I have several people that have volunteered to go be witnesses to my multiple disabilities, but I guess I need to talk with the lawyer. I really do not think if I get it that it will be for physical, but will be mental even though it is the physical that slows me down and hurts so much. I guess it does not matter so long as I get it! Thanks in advance for advice!!
Mim Gregg

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2008, 08:06 AM   #2
(female)

ladydreamer HB User
Re: What should I expect at my hearing?

hi mim greg;
I had my hearing in september and i had a VE there too.The judge asks you several questions and he asks the VE if i was quilifed to do these jobs,she named.The VE said i could not work in any job.My lawyer just set there,he didnt have to say anythang.The judge did ask me a llot of questions about the jobs i use to do.She also ask about your disabilities and chores you can do at home,etc.The hearing lasted about 15 mins.The judge told me i was approved at the end of my hearing.
Its not bad at all just make sure you dont leave anything out when she asks you questions.
I have osteroporiois in my spine,spinal stenious.7 vertibraes out in my spine.I also have cronic pain daily.Good luuck to you.I wishyou the best

Old 01-18-2009, 09:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User
Thumbs up Re: What should I expect at my hearing?

Good Luck Mim Gregg at the Federal Court. Keep us all posted of how all goes.
Best Wishes

BeHappy2

Old 01-26-2009, 10:52 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User

I got approved~! Mainly on the medical issues of ddd, arthritis and fibro and chronic pain as well as some of the mental issues. I was surprised that they wanted to do it more on the physical as I had heard this was harder to get. I don't care what they gave it to me for, just that finally a happy ending! Thanks everyone!
Mim Gregg

Old 01-26-2009, 12:09 PM   #5
(male)

Emmettk HB User

mimgregg,
Congrats for the Approvel. It is good to know that that fight is over, isn't it?
Now you will have some $$ coming in each month, What a Feeling....
I know the feeling I just got approved a couple weeks ago....

Congrats,
Emmett

Old 01-28-2009, 08:53 AM   #6
(female)

FloridaGail HB User

Just to share my experience. I applied June13,2006 with eff date of 5-2005 of being disabled) denied by September 2006, I went to attorney, appealed, it was denied,
He said we will have to go to hearing most likely.

I finally got to my hearing. January 22, 2009, I was anxious and went thru with it. I did have a attorney after 1 denial. So we were both there. He was older judge, asked me lots of questions etc.
No decision , I was depressed.

Jan 27, my attorney called me to see If I will agree to change my onset date to June 1,2006 I said yes, I signed paper saying that. and the attorney said I should get
a favorable decision letter soon. So don't give up keep appealing.
My doctor refused to fill out forms for me, I thought I was doomed. But I had all my
medical records showing DDD and back pain. So I am on pins and needles waiting for my
award letter.

Closed Thread