It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2009, 02:26 PM   #1
(female)

Vuitton70 HB User
Attorney w/ an attitude?

Well, I finally found an atty that actually called me back. This is after I called his office back in Aug and his assistant forgot to forward my information. I met w/ him yesterday and was immediatey put off.

Initally I was met by an assistant who asked many questions and while I was filling him in, the atty poked his head in the door, made no introduction to me, and said "Just get her in here, I don't have alot of time today". then proceeds to walk in the room and ask the asst. tons of quesitons about the papers I brought w/ me (he was especially concered about my earnings statement-I assume to make sure my case was worth $$). He ignored me the whole time and when the asst. could not answer his questions about my papers, I chimed in that I happened to know what information I had brought w/ me and if he had any questions to please feel free to ask me. He then walks out of the office and just leaves me sitting there, I had to ask the asst. if I was to follow him??

When we went into the atty's office he thumbed through all my hearing request papers & medical records, all the while mixing everything up and losing papers (he would misplace them on his desk, call in his asst. to find them and re-lose them) I was baffled how this man graduated from USC law school. He couldn't find his way out of a shoebox.

He PUSHED me insistantly to sign on w/ him after perusing my records. Stating that he didn't take "all" cases and only the ones he felt had merit. I explained to him that I did not just fall off the turnip truck that morning and planned on doing all my homework before hiring an atty. I wouldn't purchase the first car I test drove, kwim? This guy was just so condescending, made rude remarks about my husband (why I ran most of our business instead of him, he even asked me "Does your husband not speak English?", if I could lift a chair up over my head it may have gone towards him, lol. Yes Mr. Atty my husband speaks English, since birth, thank you.)

At one point he had left the office and I overheard another asst. telling him that a client was demanding her records be send to her immediately. His reply "Just give her the damn records and her $2,000 back", hmm, RED flag???

I am so bummed. I had a very hard time finding an atty in my area who handled SSD and it turned out to be someone I wouldn't hire to represent my German Sheperd. Now I am back to square one.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2009, 05:30 PM   #2
(female)

puppybreath HB User
Unhappy Re: Attorney w/ an attitude?

V70: I'm sorry you had such a bad experience! What a jerk! I just met with an attorney yesterday and while he wasn't the pit bull your's was, it was obvious he was more interested in his bottom line. I know they have to make a living, but at least they could act like they give a care about us! It's really hard to make a decision when our future gets more complicated by putting someone else in charge.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:49 PM   #3
(female)

Vuitton70 HB User
Re: Attorney w/ an attitude?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppybreath View Post
V70: I'm sorry you had such a bad experience! What a jerk! I just met with an attorney yesterday and while he wasn't the pit bull your's was, it was obvious he was more interested in his bottom line. I know they have to make a living, but at least they could act like they give a care about us! It's really hard to make a decision when our future gets more complicated by putting someone else in charge.
You nailed it, their bottom line. I too understand the need to a. stay in business and b. make a profit but seriously, some of these people need to get a decent bedside manner!

Closed Thread