It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2009, 05:37 AM   #1
(female)

wdwgranny HB User
scared to apply my story

i had my first back surgery in 1999, all went fine, went back to work...
had my second feb2008.. all did not go as well, the left side disc was fixed , but with lingering effects.. along with continuing problems on the right side which he did not fix.. i was on short term till it ran out, i was broke i did not apply for long term no way i could make it on the little of money , my employer would not take me back with any restrictions, said i was a red flag...so went back to nero he lifted my restrictions so i could go back to work... i tried for 4 weeks pain intensified again , along with shoulder pain now, so i put in my 2 week notice saying i was leaving to persue other things.. i needed them to pay ,7 weeks vacation i earned so i stuck out for the two weeks,(i worked there 20 years)
i have never went off pain pills from last surgery still on 2 or 3 in a 24 hour period, and now having shoulder surgery also and re visiting the nero for my back in 2 weeks..MRI has new damage..cant sit , walk lift for any lenght of time with out pain ..left work 9/26/2008
sorry for length.. my questions are:
because i went back to work for 4 weeks will that hurt me for trying to obtain SSD disablity?
my primary says she does not having any input for me applying?
when they ask you on form how long can you walk ? it is about 10 min s or less i guess before pain starts,if i go londer the pain increases but it is not like ai fall down i just need to sit.. then i sit for about 1/2 hour and have to move because of pain . i have learned to suffer thru pain .. in order to live , so does that mean i will not qualify?
thanks sorry for the length and confusion .. any help would be great.. i am so nervous about this , and am losing everything if i dont get some kinda income.. i also have asthma most uncontroled even with meds

Last edited by wdwgranny; 01-10-2009 at 07:33 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2009, 06:29 AM   #2
(female)

debi1957 HB User
Re: scared to apply my story

you need not worry. I had a simular problem. I made several and failed attempts to work, this was after I applied for Social Security Disability. i just recently won my case, it took me 6 years of deniles and appeals at the ALJ level. The judge knew of my work attempts, but they were parttime, and short time, so he called it no gainful work and failed attempts to try to work. So you need to apply ASAP, it can be a long road for some folks, but there are some that get approved right away. Good luck to you.

Last edited by debi1957; 01-10-2009 at 06:30 AM.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:43 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User
Re: scared to apply my story

You have to work at a job more than 3 months in order for SS to consider that you were gainful employed. At least that's what they told me because during my 5 month waiting period I work at a job for about 6 weeks and that's what they told me. So they didn't consider that 6 weeks as me gainful employed so it didn't hurt in my attempt to get disability.

Closed Thread