It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2009, 08:20 PM   #1
(female)

Campo Kim HB User
Wait time for disability hearing in California?

Hello,

I am new here, although I believe I have posted before. I am just wondering if anyone knows what the approximate wait time is for a SSDI hearing is here in California. I was denied twice and requested a hearing in October 2008. I have heard it can take anywhere from 12-18 months to go to hearing. Can anyone comment on this? I know I am being very impatient but our situation has become desperate and I am looking for a light at the end of the tunnel.

Thank you in advance for any comments.

Kim

Old 01-22-2009, 06:00 AM   #2
(female)

debi1957 HB User
Re: Wait time for disability hearing in California?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campo Kim View Post
Hello,

I am new here, although I believe I have posted before. I am just wondering if anyone knows what the approximate wait time is for a SSDI hearing is here in California. I was denied twice and requested a hearing in October 2008. I have heard it can take anywhere from 12-18 months to go to hearing. Can anyone comment on this? I know I am being very impatient but our situation has become desperate and I am looking for a light at the end of the tunnel.

Thank you in advance for any comments.

Kim
Hi Kim

I live in Oregon it took me almost a year to get to the hearing process. However if you get denied at the hearing,when you appeal that and win, it is less of a wait, they move you ahead of the line. I do remember on another website that a woman was from California and she said the wait time was only 6 months. Check out [url]www.disabilitycoalition.com[/url] its a very helpful and informative website as well. Hope this helped you some, be well good luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2009, 08:16 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

gayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB User

Hi Kim,

It really seems to depend on what state you live in. I was told the wait in Texas is 8-12 months, and I have been waiting 6 months. The waiting is SO hard, but you just have to hang in there the best you can.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:57 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Michael8466 HB User

Hey Kim, I live here in California and my whole wait was 2 years. That includes 2 denial letters. I hope you have an attorney that specializes in SS. It would help you greatly. Good Luck

Old 01-23-2009, 10:04 AM   #5
(female)

Campo Kim HB User

Thank you Gayle, Debi and Michael for all of your input and helpful information. I really appreciate it. Michael--I do have an attorney although I am not fond of him nor his office staff. They do not return my calls or answer my questions to my satisfaction. I feel like I am being slighted a lot. Anyway, I don't think there is a lot I can do about that since I signed up with them and they have done my appeal and requested my hearing for me. I guess now I just have to wait. Your two year wait which includes your two denial letters is actually encouraging to me since that would mean I only have about 12 months to go. Better than 18 months I guess!!

Thank you again.

Kim

Reply Reply