It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2009, 10:40 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

kyma3 HB User
VA disability - Agent Orange - help me!

Has anyone had any luck claiming any illnesses related to Agent Orange? My husband had a kidney removed in 2007 which was Stage 2 cancer and the VA keeps saying that was not related to the Agent Orange. They are saying his income is too high to receive any assistance from the VA and I don't understand that. He registered with the VA in 1984 for the Agent Orange so he should be covered--shouldn't he??? He had skin rashes that were unexplainable and had to have a special prescription cream and he has numerous fatty tumors also. I am not sure if this is all related to Agent Orange but they seem to be giving him the run around so what should he do. I would appreciate any assistance.

Linda

Old 01-21-2009, 10:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kyma3 HB User
Re: VA disability - Agent Orange - help me!

Sorry Mod08 I was afraid I goofed on that one. I sure didn't do it intentionally.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2009, 09:09 PM   #3
(male)

gravureguy HB User

the va site lists illness applicable to agent orange. Among the is a variety of skin issues and certain cancers. I would think the skin lesions should qualify for a disability paymen t but it may only be 10%, You;ld have to check the cancer list and confer with your doc to see if they can support one of the diagnosis listed. Perhaps a meeting with a va advocate would yield better results if you havent gone down that road already

Old 02-18-2009, 09:11 PM   #4
(male)

gravureguy HB User

dont forget assistance is very different from disability payments

Old 02-22-2009, 10:19 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kyma3 HB User

gavureguy thanks for your replies and I apologize for not getting back sooner. My husband now has another health problem that has me very concerned. He is going in for surgery on March 2 for a mass on the anterior section of the prostate. His PSA has also gone up since November. He just had biopsies done on the prostate in November and everything came back okay but his cancer doctor has a CT scan done every 6 months following the kidney cancer so this was done in January. They found a mass on the prostate that wasn't there before. I asked the Urologist how this was missed on the biopsies done in November and he said it is because it is in the anterior section which is not normally biopsied because it is an unusual area. I have been corresponding with a Military site because no one else in his family has had these health conditions. I do know that prostate cancer his covered under the Agent Orange list. I hope it isn't cancer but I do want him to get whatever he should get since he did serve his country. He is having a lot of pain in lower back and hips and legs which does worry me.

Thanks again for your comments and hopefully I can get him some help through the VA.

Linda

Old 02-24-2009, 08:01 AM   #6
(male)

gravureguy HB User

I hope it isn't too bad. If you haven't yet, set up a meeting with someone from the VFW that works on VA claims; they may have an office at the VA hospital. The guy we met with yesterday was awesome! My brother-in-laws file is under review BUT it has had this ststus for so long we had to look in file archives to find his paperwork. I'm going back next week to see if I can get a case file number and start hounding the VA personally.
GL to you and yours

Old 02-28-2009, 12:37 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

kyma3 HB User

Thanks again gravureguy for your thoughts and I hope everything works out good for your family also. We haven't done anymore with VA yet because of everything going on with the surgery coming up on Monday. If he feels like it when he gets home I will try and help him because I know he won't be working for at least a week but I think longer. Please keep me informed and I will let you know if I have any success also but I won't hold my breath.

Linda

Closed Thread