It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2009, 06:16 AM   #1
(female)

armyofone0508 HB User
ssi

i got a letter saying that i have a second interview with social security but only for ssi. they want me to bring my cheque stubs when i come, but that is all they requested....um, so, why would they need me to come for the interview? they said nothing about other doctors and whatnot...so i don't think i'm gonna see the disability doctors...what do you think? (btw, i'm in dallas, tx)

Old 04-07-2009, 12:44 PM   #2
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User
Re: ssi

They are checking to see if you meet the income crietera for SSI. SSI is for low income people, and is very strict. That is why they are asking to see your paycheck stubs. If you meet the income qualificatioins than chances are very good that you will qualify for SSI. You may not have had enough Work credits for SSDI . However if you do, Social Security will give you a choice which one you want to be on. SSDI or SSI if you qualify for both of them. This is what they did for me. I chose SSDI. Be sure to bring everything they are asking for .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2009, 01:36 PM   #3
(female)

armyofone0508 HB User

...hm, now i got a letter in the mail to call them. so i did and she basically reverified age, name, bank account info, etc....like i was doing the app. over again kinda. said she'd send more forms and stuff. did they do that to you?

Old 04-07-2009, 02:19 PM   #4
(female)

Maelef HB User

I believe they did, yes. It was a few years ago, so memory vague. But all they are doing is making sure you're you, and the info you gave them before matches the info you give them now. Check stubs, bank info, etc.. is to verify you meet the income requirements for SSI if you don't have the credits for SSDI. There is TONS of paperwork at each level of appeal you will have to fill out and it will seem like you are starting all over again. Frustrating? A big yes. But if you stick it out, even if you have to go all the way to the court level appeal, you will most likely win. My chances were slim to none cause of lack of proof. But i waited out a few years, got an excellent lawyer i now call the miracle worker and i won. I know what you're going thru and it aint easy. You'll make it thru this, trust me. If ya need any more info or whatever, just ask, or shoot me a PM.

Hang in there

Old 04-11-2009, 07:03 PM   #5
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

I recieved mine in the mail for an appointment. I had to go to the social security office and do it there. I had enough work credits and qualified for SSDI. I was asked which one I wanted. Either SSI or SSDI. I chose SSDI. I was surprised I was given a choice . my son was on SSI, so this automatically placed him on my record, meaning his money was coming straight from me since I was officially 100% disabled too. He is as well. My son is not 18 though. When he turns 18 he will go back onto SSI . That is my understanding. I am unsure if he will have to requalify though. And go through the whole process over again. I hope I did not mess this up for hiim. His disability is autism with cognitive delays which is lifetime , and I hope it won't be difficult to have him covered back on SSI once he reaches 18. He was approved first time at the age of 4 .
I got off topic here, sorry about that. If you have not had the call yet, answer all SS questions correctly and fill all forms out the right way. Than a decision should be made shortly. Income guidelines are strict for SSI , and that is what SS is following up on.

Closed Thread