It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2009, 08:52 AM   #1
(female)

sunnyday55 HB User
Approved - A Few Questions

Hi, I was recently approved for SSDI and have already recevied my backpay. I am awaiting my Award letter. I have a couple of questions and hope one of you may know the answers:

1. What is the difference in a SSDI disability date versus a SSDI entitlement date?

2. My backpay goes back quite a ways - prior to the beginning of 2009 when SSDI Stimulous checks were announced. So, does that mean I will also get a Stimulous Check of $250?

In closing, I found the SS department a delight to work with. I handled my claim by myself, without any legal assistance, and asked them a ton of questions before filing. They were very helpful. I read of some horror stories here and I feel really bad for anyone that has had difficulty in their dealings with SS.

By the way, are any of you lonely? I miss my working days something terrible.

Thanks for the help. All of you have been so informative on this Forum. Good luck to you.

Good luck to all of you in waiting.

Old 05-21-2009, 02:53 PM   #2
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User
Re: Approved - A Few Questions

Congradulations on winning your SSDI claim. I did my claim too, and won on the reconsideration level. W/O the help of anyone.
Your questions, however, I do not have the answers . Call your Social Security office. I've heard of The backpay coming in before the award letter too. Especially if you had direct deposit. In SSDI , the backpay is given in a lump sum. My award letter did arrive before the backpay, and I was able to choose SSI or SSDI.
The stimulus checks are already starting to come out for people. I do know the first year they had them, I had recieved my backpay. I did not get the stimulus refund. I thought it was due to the backpay, and my son recieved backpay too. I did not give it a thought though, because I had recieved a large amount . This year, however, I did get the stimulus refund.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2009, 04:17 PM   #3
(female)

armyofone0508 HB User
Re: Approved - A Few Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyday55 View Post
Hi, I was recently approved for SSDI and have already recevied my backpay. I am awaiting my Award letter. I have a couple of questions and hope one of you may know the answers:

1. What is the difference in a SSDI disability date versus a SSDI entitlement date?

2. My backpay goes back quite a ways - prior to the beginning of 2009 when SSDI Stimulous checks were announced. So, does that mean I will also get a Stimulous Check of $250?

In closing, I found the SS department a delight to work with. I handled my claim by myself, without any legal assistance, and asked them a ton of questions before filing. They were very helpful. I read of some horror stories here and I feel really bad for anyone that has had difficulty in their dealings with SS.

By the way, are any of you lonely? I miss my working days something terrible.

Thanks for the help. All of you have been so informative on this Forum. Good luck to you.

Good luck to all of you in waiting.

hey! okay...hope these kinda answer your questions....
1. the entitlement date is the date they think you were considered totally disabled for pay. like, my disability become in september of 2007, but my entitlement date was feb 2009.

2. you should. i missed it by a month. but it should be in your account by june 1st.

mine was really easy too. i was approved in less than 3 months. no legal help or anything.

i am definantly lonely. if it weren't for my boyfriend i'd totally lose it. i hate being alone all day. i still work 5 hours a week, but it's only 5 hours.

Closed Thread