It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2009, 07:09 AM   #1
(female)

ukeka HB User
Thumbs up Approved !!! 1st try !!!

Hello all I am new to this board, I wanted to share that I was recently approved for SSDI,
I got a letter for my local office saying I was approved for SSI as well and I had to go into there office but I have not heard anything from them yet.

As for SSDI I have not gotten my offical letter yet but did recieve a tempory code for online use, I was also told over the phone by the rep, but they only told me when my benefits would start, not the amount. I got the password stuff yesterday so I registered and pick a new password to check my benefits, it say I will get about 1300 amonth .. Which I am happy about and benefits will start next month !! I was suprized to be approved!!! I applied in oct 08, left work in august 08, so I am happy that I will have something to look forward to next month,

Does anyone know if my children will automaticly get my part of my benefits? When I went into my local they took my childrens SSN, Said I should get a payment in 60-90 days but not sure if the is for SSI or SSDI, I know I should call to clearify but Ive called them so much I dont want them to Black list me ... lol if they haven't already

I hope to get the offical letter soon to let me know about back pay if any and my childrens benefits etc.

Thanks everyone for reading I am just so happy ... I am going to enroll in school with the help of special services at my local community college .. Hopefully I can return back to work one day

Good luck to all of those whom are still waiting

The following user gives a hug of support to ukeka:
VintageKym (05-22-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2009, 04:12 PM   #2
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User
Re: Approved !!! 1st try !!!

Congradulations on your approval. You were very lucky to have gotten your claim approved on the first try.
If you will be recieving SSDI then , YES your children are entitled to benifits off of your record. Because they are your dependents. I have one child, and he automatically recieved benifits. I did not have to do anything. I also had to go into the Social security office, and was told I could choose either SSI or SSDI. i chose SSDI. on SSI, the kids do not get benifits from the parents. It is only on SSDI.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:26 AM   #3
(female)

ukeka HB User

Thank You,

I got my official notice of award yesterday, but didn't check the mail until this morning, It does say that they are withholding my payment from January until may to see if I got SSI during this time(which I didn't)m My letter didn't mention my children ? will they get a notice or am I going to have to apply for them seperately ? I think I will have to call to clear it up, if they are entitled then I want to make sure they recieve it if they can. I hope my back pay comes soon, since I didn't get SSI at all ...

Old 06-13-2009, 09:05 AM   #4
(male)

broke as a joke HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukeka View Post
Thank You,

I got my official notice of award yesterday, but didn't check the mail until this morning, It does say that they are withholding my payment from January until may to see if I got SSI during this time(which I didn't)m My letter didn't mention my children ? will they get a notice or am I going to have to apply for them seperately ? I think I will have to call to clear it up, if they are entitled then I want to make sure they recieve it if they can. I hope my back pay comes soon, since I didn't get SSI at all ...
u will need to call them and set up a appointment for ur childrens benefits,,, normally u get ur backpay for ur kids before urs comes

Old 06-13-2009, 05:12 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

How old are your children?

Old 06-13-2009, 07:21 PM   #6
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke as a joke View Post
u will need to call them and set up a appointment for ur childrens benefits,,, normally u get ur backpay for ur kids before urs comes
That is not what happened for me .I recieved my backpay first. Then my child recieved backpay a few months later, and his benifits began. I'd call SS, or go down to your local SS office and see what your children are entitled to. They made need their social security numbers, and birth certificates.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:48 PM   #7
(male)

broke as a joke HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscat40 View Post
That is not what happened for me .I recieved my backpay first. Then my child recieved backpay a few months later, and his benifits began. I'd call SS, or go down to your local SS office and see what your children are entitled to. They made need their social security numbers, and birth certificates.
well this is what they told me,,, when you get approved,, they must first check to see if ssi can pay part of ur backpay and medicare,,, during this process if they have the children socials and birth certificates they can go ahead and release thiers as mine was being be held to see if i drew or was able to draw SSI,, food stamps,, before they released it,,, as they told me the childrens has no reason to be held,,, so out with their money it came,, i never got any gov help from SSI or anything soi dont understand this thing,,, but she'll need her approval letter to start the process

Old 06-14-2009, 05:04 AM   #8
(female)

ukeka HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpineAZ View Post
How old are your children?
I have 4 children all under the ages of 12

Old 06-14-2009, 11:16 AM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

I needed the ages to figure if all children are eligible - they are as they are all under 18. The children are entitled to 1/2 of your benefit. So, for example, if your monthly benefit is $2,000 your children's award would be $1,000 total - so each get $250 ($250 x 4 = $1000). When your oldest reaches 18 then the remaining 3 split the $1000 so it would then be $333.33 per child. Etc, etc.

Old 06-14-2009, 03:15 PM   #10
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke as a joke View Post
well this is what they told me,,, when you get approved,, they must first check to see if ssi can pay part of ur backpay and medicare,,, during this process if they have the children socials and birth certificates they can go ahead and release thiers as mine was being be held to see if i drew or was able to draw SSI,, food stamps,, before they released it,,, as they told me the childrens has no reason to be held,,, so out with their money it came,, i never got any gov help from SSI or anything soi dont understand this thing,,, but she'll need her approval letter to start the process
Oh yeah, that is correct. Because if the person was drawing money from welfare, it would of been paid back .
I think it was different in my case because my son was on SSI already. He has been o n SSI since 4 yrs old . But once i became fully disabled , it took him off SSI, and he is now on my record, recieving benifits. The sucky part of this is that when he turns 18yrs old I have to re apply for him so he can get back on SSI.
He has a form of autism with cognitive delays. It was not my doing when SS changed him unto my record. I just did not know that it meant I'd have to re apply for him oce he reaches 18, in 2 years.

Old 06-14-2009, 04:39 PM   #11
(female)

Darkice HB User

I have been fighting for over 4 years for disability (since 2005) and I appealed all of my denials and I requested a hearing in front of a Judge I just got a date its August 17th - I am a nervous wreck and causing myself terrible stress already and its months away.... I don't know what to do...

I have a Senator & Congressman both working on my case as well ... I have an attorney office going with me and I still think that the way my case was handled previously and denied in the first stage ... they are going to deny it again.... I am scared!

constantly crying!

The following user gives a hug of support to Darkice:
VintageKym (05-22-2011)
Old 06-23-2009, 07:40 PM   #12
(female)

Alexa3 HB User

What is your disability?

Old 06-23-2009, 07:53 PM   #13
(female)

Alexa3 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkice View Post
I have been fighting for over 4 years for disability (since 2005) and I appealed all of my denials and I requested a hearing in front of a Judge I just got a date its August 17th - I am a nervous wreck and causing myself terrible stress already and its months away.... I don't know what to do...

I have a Senator & Congressman both working on my case as well ... I have an attorney office going with me and I still think that the way my case was handled previously and denied in the first stage ... they are going to deny it again.... I am scared!

constantly crying!
I applied in 2005 too, had my hearing on June 4th. Now just waiting, but my lawyer said it looks good. Is this your first hearing? So you got denied at the first two stages? That is pretty much the norm. The hearing has a higher approval wait, so don't give up hope. This is a good list for those of us that are on this road of waiting, and those who have been already been down it and have finally won always have some valuable information to help us.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:27 AM   #14
(female)

Darkice HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa3 View Post
I applied in 2005 too, had my hearing on June 4th. Now just waiting, but my lawyer said it looks good. Is this your first hearing? So you got denied at the first two stages? That is pretty much the norm. The hearing has a higher approval wait, so don't give up hope. This is a good list for those of us that are on this road of waiting, and those who have been already been down it and have finally won always have some valuable information to help us.
I believe you wanted to know what my disability "is" - I have severe asthma, COPD, severe anmeia (with unknown blood loss) my hematicrit falls below 30 on a regular basis, (Iron deficiency - folic acid deficiency - B-12 deficiency anemia), which was the original claim; and I have had to have IV transfusions to increase my blood levels - which still does not maintain them. You'd think that would be a sure approval for the SS disability claim - but no I was denied! Then to top it all off May 21st I was in the hospital and had an (which we did not know I had) Addisonian crisis and was diagnosed with "addison's disease" at that point - which has been added to my list of ailments. (Thanks be to God and the six (6) Doctors who worked tirelessly throughout the night to find out what was wrong with me and we know it now and know how to treat my sickness - otherwise I verywell could have been dead last May.)

I have many illnesses and diagnoses - way too many to go into or bore you with here... LOL

I just pray things go well in August - I am trying to relax and stay positive - not stress about it ... (which is hard not to do)

Thanks for your reply

Always in thought

Darkice

Old 06-26-2009, 12:26 PM   #15
(female)

hi Darkice,
I was approved on the reconsideration level. ALso with many mental health issues and physical problems> Folic acid , and Vitamin b12 is all messed up along with aniema which makes me constantly tired. that is only the physical stuff>
The psych. issues is much harder to deal with on a every day basis. That is all I want to say about that.
I have just one kid, he is also disabled though . And I am raising him alone. Makes it tough, but we hang in there.
Best wishes to you !

Closed Thread