It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2009, 08:34 AM   #1
(female)

newbrunswick45 HB User
Canadian Long Term with private company coverage

I have been on Long Term due to chronic vertigo, fibro, depression etc. I finished my 15 weeks short term from EI and then it goes to long term with Manulife at 17 weeks. My primary has basically indicated that the prognosis is grim for my recovery to return to work due to the poor response to the chronic vertigo and little pain relief from the Fibro - I am attending a Cognitive restructuring course put on by the Mental Health department due to my long term difficulties with the various illness issues as well as the depression/suicide issues I face.

I have been denied by Manulife as the first step. I was expecting that as they "require" further proof. I have sent the additional information they have requested and am awaiting their response. I was originally approved on my last leave of absence - 3 months after I returned to work. My indication to them is that my original leave and return to work was not successful and therefore it is a continuation of my original leave. However, I returned to work for 13 months, so they are considering it a new claim. I was never able in my return to work complete more then 30 hours per week and full time is 40 hours.

So, here I sit doing what the doctors want me to do, yet having to fight for benefits I am entitled to - I have had to resort to welfare in order to be able to meet my basic financial obligations. It is clear that I cannot work in my present job - and in reality I cannot work in any occupations. I will be applying for CPP - but wanted to get my long term established first.

Does anyone have any insight they can offer in regards to the Canadian long term disability issues they have experienced? Tips or pointers? Anything would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chronic Vertigo
Fibromylagia
Major Depressive Disorder
Peripherial Neuropathy
Vascular/Veinous malformation behind right eye
Raynauds
Restless Leg Syndrome
Neurological disorders

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #2
(female)

newbrunswick45 HB User
Re: Canadian Long Term with private company coverage

Does anyone have any experience at all with Canadian Long Term coverage and getting benefits? Anything at all would help. Thanks!

Chronic Vertigo
Fibromylagia
Major Depressive Disorder
Peripherial Neuropathy
Vascular/Veinous malformation behind right eye
Raynauds
Restless Leg Syndrome
Neurological disorders

Old 07-10-2009, 04:09 PM   #3
(female)

duncan22 HB User
Re: Canadian Long Term with private company coverage

Hi. Sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble with your LTD Co. I live in the US and I know that their are a lot of people that have their LTD denied and they have get an lawyer to help. I know that I'm not helping with your question, but wanted to let you know that I'm thinking and praying for you. Hope things get better soon.

Closed Thread