It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2009, 05:20 PM   #1
(female)

Vuitton70 HB User
Suprise decisions ?

So, as I wait and wait for this very long and difficult process to move. I keep wondering, has anyone had the miracle of waking up one day and having a large amount dumped into their account (back pay?).

I am waiting on a hearing (still, from over a year ago), went to see SSD's quack last month, and have not heard a THING from them since.

I keep praying that the Dr. gave me a favorable report and that the judge will be kind and grant my SSD w/ out a hearing. They send me papers out back in May asking for any new information re my case to be presented to them, possibly assisting the Judge in a decision before calling for a hearing. My atty told me that they do that to EVERYONE and that not to bother - it would not do any good.

Well, not long after I received the notice to go to their *doctor* b/c they needed back up evidence of my issues.

I still think that if I had given the Judge some of the new medical reports from my own Doc and my new MRI, it may have some way helped my case.

Opinions???

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2009, 09:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB User
Re: Suprise decisions ?

I have heard of that happening, many times. They knew they got a favorable decision, because one day a big lump of money showed up in their bank accounts - then a few days later, the award letter came.

I must make a confession now. My hearing was last month, and now I check my bank account online every day - keeping my fingers crossed that a big lump of money will suddenly show up. I know, I know ... silly me, but I can't seem to help myself.

While we were preparing for my hearing, I asked my attorney if this judge ever gave 'on the record decisions', and he said no - that the judge I had never did that. It is possible your attorney has worked with your judge many times before, and has a good idea of how they do things.

I hope it all goes well for you!

Gayle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2009, 11:35 AM   #3
(female)

Vuitton70 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayle4102 View Post
I have heard of that happening, many times. They knew they got a favorable decision, because one day a big lump of money showed up in their bank accounts - then a few days later, the award letter came.

I must make a confession now. My hearing was last month, and now I check my bank account online every day - keeping my fingers crossed that a big lump of money will suddenly show up. I know, I know ... silly me, but I can't seem to help myself.

While we were preparing for my hearing, I asked my attorney if this judge ever gave 'on the record decisions', and he said no - that the judge I had never did that. It is possible your attorney has worked with your judge many times before, and has a good idea of how they do things.

I hope it all goes well for you!

Gayle
Hi Gayle, I'm cracking up b/c I check my account ALL the time hoping for a windfall of good luck!

It's funny b/c after my atty told me not to bother, the judge never made OTR decisions, I called the hearing office and talked to the lady at the front. I had a repetior w/ her from going in to make copies of my file (and getting lost in the process of getting there). She told me that YES the judge has done that and that it could happen. She was also the nice lady that "found" my file sitting on the judges desk that day when I asked to make copies of it and wanted to know where my case was in terms of coming up for hearing or whatever they were doing.

I REALLY think I should have skipped the atty and proceeded on my own. I gathered more info on my own so far and the atty has done nothing at all. Seriously, nothing.

Good luck to you to, I hope you wake up one day to a very nice suprise!!!!!

Old 07-21-2009, 09:50 AM   #4
(female)

youngNhurting HB User

thats strange that your attorney told you ot to bother cause my attorney wanted to know everything they sent me and before the hearing if any new medical stuff came up even MRI's or anything she wanted to know who the doctor was and would get the updated files and submit them for me..i don't know who you have as an attorney but mine did things the completely different then what your saying..mine got everything together for me from the doctors and submitted it...i had my hearing on march 5th got the favorable decision about 2 months later they are backed up here...and i'm receiving my first payment on august 1st...i tried doing this without an attorney first and have gotten denied until now...now i got the attorney and i got approved since the day i started applying myself which was 2 years ago...so getting backpay for 2 years...i would ask your attorney what exactly are you paying them for you know? just a suggestion...hope everything works out

P.S. another thing it took my attorney about 2 months to get the hearing...so i don't nderstand why yours is taking that long i would have a big talk with your attorney ya know....

Last edited by youngNhurting; 07-21-2009 at 09:52 AM.

Old 07-28-2009, 01:37 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User

It was almost 2 years before my hearing date after applying for the hearing. I had it in June of that year and in October, money showed up in my account before I heard anything. But as I said that was after the hearing. I don't know about one awaiting a hearing.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:32 PM   #6
(female)

Alexa3 HB User

I didn't get money in my bank but I got my fully favorable letter today. I want to get direct deposit, it is faster then waiting for the check, but it took so long my bank account number is not the same, and when I called to change it they had no account of me. I guess until they get a notice from a judge telling them I am approved then we don't exist.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:40 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

roses4lace HB User

Vuitton, my attorney wanted everything medical that I had, and any new information that came up. They made sure the judge had all the up-to-date information for me. I don't know what's going on with your attorney, but that isn't how mine operated.

Last edited by roses4lace; 07-28-2009 at 10:41 PM.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:59 AM   #8
(male)

Scrufysdad HB User

IT HAPPENS! IT'S TRUE! I have to say that I expected to wait years as I was told it would never happen in my case. I have RSD. Then one day like you said it was a surprise. I never expected it sitting in my account. At the time I asked my wife if she became a "bank robber" but just forgot to tell me about doing "the job"! LOL

As I have read all of your posts I understand your anxiety completely, but had to add my two cents. Be patient, I wouldn't watch too much as it makes a disappointment for each day when it isn't there in your accounts or the mail. Once it was in my account I didn't get the letter till like a week later. Figure that! At that time I refused to do anything with the money for fear that it was a bank error. But nevertheless we got it and was very very happy to except it.

Closed Thread