It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2009, 02:22 PM   #1
(female)

monkeytoes HB User
Can you ever send SSD tooo much info???

I am currently awaiting my claim to be assigned at the reconsideration stage. So what I have been doing is getting ALL my medical records, I have the RFC forms to be filled out at my next Dr. appointment, and I have requested a print out from my last 2 jobs (went from full time to part time due to condition) to show how my work attendance was effected while employed. I made a spreadsheet showing all the medications I've taken and am on along with their side effects, and tests I have had done and when. And also all my symptoms.

WHEW.................

Do you think that is too much information to submit to my new case reviewer???

Old 10-27-2009, 07:22 PM   #2
(female)

panpt HB User
Re: Can you ever send SSD tooo much info???

I filed my application online and I went back 16 years for records and also for work experience as that is how long I have had vasculitis. So far, they haven't asked me to see any other doctors. I figured they could sift through the records to find what they need. It's been 6 weeks so far and the only thing I have heard so far is that they haven't received my primary doctor's reports so I called him last week and they said the records went out on Thursday.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2009, 08:21 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User

Monkeytoes, Don't forget to get a printout from your Pharmacist as in my case I had many medication trials that I was unable to take due to medication reactions. It will show proof that you have complied with the doctor's recommendations. I know that one year I had as many failed med attempts as successful ones. At least the list showed I tried to comply. Good luck.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:09 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeytoes View Post

Do you think that is too much information to submit to my new case reviewer???
Not sure one could actually send in "too much" information, unless it was unorganized, jumbled, and very confusing. As long as the information is orderly and streamlined, the more the better as far as I'm concerned.

And, Goldyfm brings up a great point about your medications. Get a print out from your pharmacy showing all your scripts filled there. Just call and ask for a print out and they will ask you how far back you want to go...I'd go back to your date of disability, or at least to a point to where heavy medications (or medications related to your condition(s)) started.

If you're like most people applying for SSDI, your meds are probably regular type things and filled at one pharmacy. Thus, it makes for a really nice streamlined justification. It also shows your overall history, or length of time taking them. Simply put, it adds legitimacy to your claim.....And just like other documentation, the more meds you have filled on a regular basis, the better your application. Not only do meds give a reviewer a general indication of your situation / condition, but the meds themselves are issues....They are the "results" or factors of your condition(s)....Have side effects and etc, especially pain meds.

Best of luck to you.

Regards,

Ex

Closed Thread