It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2009, 08:46 AM   #1
(female)

soapies777 HB User
SSD 3 year review

Hi, I was wondering what anyones experience has been with the three year review. Thanks

Old 11-26-2009, 01:03 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User
Re: SSD 3 year review

Can you give some details as to what SS sent you and what they have requested?

Regards,

Ex

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2009, 10:48 AM   #3
(male)

coupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB User

hi, I've been on SSDI since May 1995. since that time, i've received one of their 6 or 7 question mailers. they've called me on the phone a couple times checking on my condition. i've never been sent to any of their doctors for any kind of review.

they even called me and left a message on my machine on "fathers day a Sunday no less! asking if i'm interested in the ticket to work program?

my classification is "condition not expected to inprove"

good luck and god bless

Larry/coupe

Old 12-04-2009, 11:10 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

celticfan HB User

is a 3 yr review the norm? i was told by my worker, that i'd get a review in 5 to 7 years.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:16 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

The review period varies....and it doesn't necessarily make sense in how they decide when to review. I've heard of some people who get a 3 question paper every two years, some never heard at all in years, etc.

Even thought SS is a federal program it's run out of hundreds of service centers throughout the US. So two people the same age with the same diagnoses can get very different reviews and review periods. That's because, to some degree, each of the service centers operates a bit differently.

Last edited by SpineAZ; 12-04-2009 at 07:20 PM.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:11 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpineAZ View Post
The review period varies....and it doesn't necessarily make sense in how they decide when to review. I've heard of some people who get a 3 question paper every two years, some never heard at all in years, etc.
SpineAz is right...It's all over the place. Some of it depends on how one was awarded benefits. For example, following a hearing, a judge will often recommend a follow up date, based on information submitted at the hearing and what he heard. The more serious the condition, the further out the review period and vice versa. It's quite common for a judge to write as part of his / her award that a review be done in 3 years. Of course, it could be less, or more.

Some of the reviews are purely random....Picked by the computer....Sort of like an audit. Simple random selection.

Some reviews are triggered by tips or information SS receives about a beneficiary. People get reported all the time and based on the information (credibility, #of tips, type & etc), they may decide to do a review.

Some reviews are triggered by an internal cross checking program....Matching SS #s and income to recipients. If it looks like the person is making a lot of money under the ticket to work program, it may trigger a review.

Really, it's hard to predict how or if a review will come. SS is so overworked right now and backlogged, that IMHO, reviews aren't a big priority. But, they do happen. My point is that I don't think that they are running around trying to catch people.

I think at the end of the day, if one is continuing to seek medical attention for whatever their condition is, and isn't working, then there isn't anything to worry about. Even if one is working, as long as it falls below the monthly maximum for "services" income (approximately $700 per month), you're probably in good shape. Anything above that amount is considered "services", which then triggers a 60 month trial work period. Anything in the "trial work period" gets some attention.

http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/ssa.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=317

Regards,

Ex

Closed Thread