It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2010, 07:13 PM   #1
(female)

carol 26 HB User
any one want to try to figure this one out?ssi hearing

I got social security for 2 months in 2006 because me and my husband were seperated. Then when we got back together they cut me of due to his income. I reaplied for reconsideration in may 2008 and got denied I even went to one of there medical examiners and he said I couldn't work and I had scitzoeffective disorder. I did stop seeing my psyciotrist because we had a disagreement. But i was going to my medical doctor. Do you think this is why I got denied. Then I started right back but asked for a new phyc that was working there and he said I have effective severe depression with phycotic features in partial remission. I went to my court hearing last week and boy was i nervous. He questioned me for like an hour,and asked if i knew why i had so many diagnosis. Also diagnosed a while ago panic disorder , acgrophobia depression. HOw the Heck should I know. Then the ve said i could do 5 different types of jobs but when he asked her hypotheticals she said no.. DO you think i will get my ssi back .Boy I sure need it no health insurance. no extra money for nothing.........

Last edited by mod-anon; 03-24-2010 at 11:33 PM. Reason: merging related threads

Old 03-23-2010, 08:23 PM   #2
(female)

carol 26 HB User
cant sleep

this is carol 26 I would greatly appreciate any feed back on my question about my ssi hearing, I know I just posted it but i am anxious. thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2010, 07:23 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User
Re: any one want to try to figure this one out?ssi hearing

Do you have an Attorney? If not then get one.

I've never heard of getting SSD because you separated from your husband and also what your husband makes is none of SSD's business because this is about YOU. I would not have gotten SSD if my husband's income was brought into the picture.

If you're afraid of having to pay an Atty up front then don't be...SSD Attorney's take their pay AFTER you've won your case.

Good Luck and take care.

~Belle~

Old 03-24-2010, 09:23 AM   #4
(female)

carol 26 HB User
Re: any one want to try to figure this one out?ssi hearing

but i got ssi which is income based. do you know what they meant at the hearing?

Old 03-24-2010, 06:40 PM   #5
(female)

carol 26 HB User
hypthetical questions asked to juge. Any answers would be greatly appreciated!

I was wondering at my court hearing, the judge asked the vocational expert if there were any jobs in the national ecomomy. She said yes and came up with, I won't even say,5 horrible jobs. Then the judge said a set of I think 2 hypothetical questions. And then she said no, not full time and just no to to other questions. He then asked her if she any any furthur comments and she said no. my lawyer did'nt ask anything. What does this mean . Do you think this sounds in my favor? Major deppesion with psycothic features in parital remission.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:04 PM   #6
(female)

carol 26 HB User
I meant hypotheticals asked by judge to vocational expert

sorry just wanted to let you know my last post the title was wrong

Old 03-24-2010, 08:48 PM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
Re: hypthetical questions asked to juge. Any answers would be greatly appreciated!

It depends on what they hypothetical questions were.

If the judge said "Hypothetically speaking do you see an employer accommodating Carol's limitations in these jobs you mentioned?" and the vocational expert said "No". Then ideally the judge would take that into consideration in your favor as he'd just asked "is this truly a viable option".

The vocational expert has to look at your education and experience and if he/she finds jobs that would meet your skills and experience and condition, then he/she must denote them in the findings. Then the judge has to determine if it makes sense, ask questions, etc.

I assume your attorney was allowed to ask questions and/or object? If he/she chose not to do so then he/she had decided that what had been discussed was likely in your favor.

Last edited by SpineAZ; 03-24-2010 at 08:48 PM.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:38 PM   #8
(female)

carol 26 HB User
Re: hypthetical questions asked to juge. Any answers would be greatly appreciated!

SpineAz thanks that helped me some.. I just don't understand that talk the judge says?

Closed Thread