It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2010, 08:25 AM   #1
(female)

fibrofoggie HB User
it's been 3 weeks since my hearing.....

I had my hearing May 7th and i'm still not sure if i'm going to be approved or not. My Rep. said I did well.....My husband said I did well....but I feel like I present the "reality" of my condition.

At the end of the hearing the judge asked the vocational person to give him 3 jobs I could perform given my limitations (no working with the public, minimal contact with other employees, not skilled 1 process work) may have been more but my memory is horrible. So, he comes up with 1--cleaning houses, 2--garment sorter, 3--simple assembly work. REALLY, was he listening during any of the hearing????? My husband does alllllll the housework. I can't type or write for very long because of the pain in my fingers and wrists. I have constant pain in my back neck and shoulders but I can sort garments???????

SOOO, my rep. counters back with "given the amount of times she naps during the day would she still be able to do these jobs? His answer "NO".

I felt that this was maybe a good sign that I would be approved. As the judge, lady recorder, vocational person all left the room they each turned to me and said good luck. I wasn't sure how to take that. Good luck winning your case or good luck with your illness???

I called S.S. last week to get an update and to try to sign up for an account so I could check S.S. online status. The woman told me that I had to wait for the letter to mailed to me and didn't have access to what the decision the judge made was. Is this normal or should I be freaked out?

Thanks for any help,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2010, 02:54 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sickofpain2 HB Usersickofpain2 HB User
Re: it's been 3 weeks since my hearing.....

Yes, this is very normal. SS does not get in any hurry at all about nothing!

Old 05-29-2010, 06:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

gayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB User

Agreed - they take their time. For me, it was 3 months after my hearing before I got my denial letter.

Last edited by gayle428; 05-29-2010 at 06:52 PM.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:24 AM   #4
(female)

fibrofoggie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayle4102 View Post
Agreed - they take their time. For me, it was 3 months after my hearing before I got my denial letter.
I callled back again and asked about my claim and he said I should be getting a letter any day down BUT, the judge had ruled unfavorable...
My spirit is broken and I am lost. What/where do I go from here? This is destroying my life and my future with my husband and children. We may lose everything now. I am in complete shock and cannot stop crying. I saw my phycitrist and he is adding medication to try to help me through this.

I don't know what to do now.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:36 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

Call your attorney and the attorney to check with SS, figure out the current status, and have them denote serious financial need (if that is the case).

Never believe what you hear verbally from a rep at SS until you get the letter in your hands. For all you know he/she is looking at outdated information. It's possible the results of your hearing haven't been input into the system yet.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:39 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

gayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibrofoggie View Post
I callled back again and asked about my claim and he said I should be getting a letter any day down BUT, the judge had ruled unfavorable...
My spirit is broken and I am lost. What/where do I go from here? This is destroying my life and my future with my husband and children. We may lose everything now. I am in complete shock and cannot stop crying. I saw my phycitrist and he is adding medication to try to help me through this.

I don't know what to do now.
Your rep knows what to do - give them a call. In my case, we appealed the judges decision and started a brand new claim at the same time.

I completely understand how your are feeling. I also felt broken and lost and could not stop crying. The one thing you cannot do is give up. Reading the years and years of posts on this message board, I noticed that many times it takes many, many years to finally get approved.

Hang in there, I'll be thinking of you.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:47 AM   #7
(female)

fibrofoggie HB User

thank you, i will call my rep when i have a cryfree spell.

thank you again, your responce is greatly appreciated

Old 06-02-2010, 11:50 AM   #8
(female)

fibrofoggie HB User

I hope that is what's going on...maybe he saw some outdated information.
Thank you for kind reply. Maybe their is a glimmer of hope still.
Thank you

Old 06-03-2010, 10:05 AM   #9
(female)

sbella68 HB User

In 2008, I had my ALJ hearing, got denial letter too. I appealed it. I took it all the way to the Federal Level in 2009. I wanted to give up too, the Drs. I had in 2008-2009, didn't want to fill out RFC forms, I had insurance with "K" an HMO (don't think I can name here), but they were terrible.

I changed insurance, I returned to some old DR's and a couple of new ones, I told them I've been fighting to get my SSD since 2006, would they please help, they agreed. New Drs. got my old records too.

One must have their Drs. list all your symptoms, meds you are taking, necessary test to prove your illnesses,continuing medical care on a regular basis. I won, finally without a second hearing, I was dreading it.
Same judge from ALJ hearing made an "on the record decision".
because my symptoms were credible due to my illness I have, also, DR's notes in describing helped greatly.

I just showed my Rhuemy dr. yesteray, my Fully Favorable decision, he was shocked, because he hadn't seen an approval in a long time. I said thankyou for his letter and RFC form he wrote to help my case.

Rhuemy, does believe me when I tell him how my body pains are affecting me.
It's weird, I was approved for Fibromyalgia w/chronic pain, IBS(severe stomach pains). No mention of the Lupus that I do have, maybe cause my dr. thinks its in remission and didn't mention it.

Don't give up, basicly(sp), same thing was mentioned at my ALJ hearing in 2008, did say at hearing that I can take my breaks in car to lie down, I was upset when I heard that. But this was mentioned on my approval letter as part of me being approved

Keep fighting it, take it to the Federal Level if you have to, but I hope you win on appeal if you were denied.

Goodluck

Old 06-03-2010, 04:26 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User

It takes time for their response. It's not uncommon that it takes 3 months to get the letter but a month later you find a huge deposit in your account. This happened to me. You can call your case manager to find out the progress. Some states are slower than others.

Closed Thread