HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Disabilities (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/disabilities/)
-   -   AJL Hearing and CE exam - now waiting (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/disabilities/772232-ajl-hearing-ce-exam-now-waiting.html)

carsonsmommy03 10-12-2010 07:55 AM

AJL Hearing and CE exam - now waiting

hi everyone. i had my ALJ hearing in june. I didnt have enough medical records because with me unable to work, i dont have health insurance and cant afford to pay out of pocket. so the judge sent me for a CE. The doctor was pretty rude to me so i dont feel like the exam went well. (That was in August). I have not heard anything so i called a few weeks ago to get a status and they said that by October 9, i would either have payment or a denial letter. Still nothing so I called again today. They told me that my file is on the judges desk and that he is making spelling/grammar corrections. Is that a bad sign? Does the judge only send letters for denials and then SS sends the approvals?
Any thoughts on this?

tlwright 10-12-2010 12:20 PM

Re: AJL Hearing and CE exam - now waiting

Are you sure it was a ALJ hearing before a judge and not the paperwork that you mail off to SSA.
I am just asking because this is the first time I have heard anything about a judge sending anyone to a CE after a meeting.
As far as I am told, after a ALJ meeting your case may sit on his desk from 30-60 days for a decision. After a decision is made, the files goes to either to the SSA office or to a underwriter office for corrections and a re-write for the judge to sign off.
I may be wrong on this but it would help here to know if and when you filed your original claim, filed for recon and when you went before the ALJ hearing.
More info can get more people to help in answering your question.

carsonsmommy03 10-12-2010 04:19 PM

[QUOTE=tlwright;4344002]Are you sure it was a ALJ hearing before a judge and not the paperwork that you mail off to SSA.
I am just asking because this is the first time I have heard anything about a judge sending anyone to a CE after a meeting.
As far as I am told, after a ALJ meeting your case may sit on his desk from 30-60 days for a decision. After a decision is made, the files goes to either to the SSA office or to a underwriter office for corrections and a re-write for the judge to sign off.
I may be wrong on this but it would help here to know if and when you filed your original claim, filed for recon and when you went before the ALJ hearing.
More info can get more people to help in answering your question.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it was a hearing with a judge. Because I didnt have sufficient recent medical records, he sent me to a CE. My original application was filed in 2007. It was denied and appealed twice. When I called today the lady in the office said it was on the judges desk waiting on him to make the corrections in spelling and as soon as he finished it, I would get something in the mail. So, if it went to an underwriter, does that mean its denied? If it was approved, would he have anyhting to correct? Or does he correct approval letters as well?

tlwright 10-12-2010 04:39 PM

If it has gone to a underwriter, take that as good news. That means they are caculating your payments for future payments and for any back pay that may be awarded and ect...
Once done with the underwritters, then back to the judge to review and sign.

carsonsmommy03 10-12-2010 06:23 PM

[QUOTE=tlwright;4344236]If it has gone to a underwriter, take that as good news. That means they are caculating your payments for future payments and for any back pay that may be awarded and ect...
Once done with the underwritters, then back to the judge to review and sign.[/QUOTE]

Well im scared to get my hopes up because the CE doctor was very rude to me. even my lawyer said that the dr. didnt do me any favors with her report. I was scared that since the judge was making corrections that it must be a denial letter because I have heard so many people say that when they were approved they got a a quick reply from the payment center and Im just waiting on something from the judge

tlwright 10-12-2010 07:11 PM

I just hope things will go in your favor.
I remember when I first filed, SSA had me see one of their own Drs for my lower back.
(Spinal fusion L4/L5/S1) 2006.
I went to their Dr in April of 2008 since I applied back in late part of 2007 for SSDI.
Well, go to that Drs office and did the usual paper questioneer, weight, height, temp, blood pressure stuff then waited another hour to see him.
The Dr didnt even ask about my back or had me do any bending or twisting tests at all.
The first thing he asked me was if I was a wrestler. I replied back "No I wasn't" and asked why he asked that question.
His reply was that I have cauliflower ears and that is something that wrestlers develope after a while of wrestling.
Talking about being mad. I had ear jokes since I was in 1st grade up but never like that.
I mean, I was 39 at the time of seeing that Dr and havent had a ear joke for about 10-15 years.
To make things worse, I signed up for Tricare military health insurance so that my wife and her child can have medical coverage also. Guess who Tricare gave me as my Primary Healthcare Provider? Thats right, that same Dr who made the ear comment.
Still mad about that after 3 years.