It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2011, 02:59 PM   #1
(male)

flaco9 HB Userflaco9 HB User
...WAITING...??...

.........i'm waiting for my alj hearing,i have a lawyer...do alot of people get approved at that level??last april i filed for ssi/ssdi...everyone is sayin don't give up...i think they try to see if you will go back to work or not thats why they always deny the first time....????....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2011, 04:59 PM   #2
(male)

tlwright HB Usertlwright HB Usertlwright HB User
Re: ...WAITING...??...

They denie at leat 80% the first time around, about 20% at recon and about 25% at the ALJ level.
They hope that you will get sick and tired of the wait that you will have no chose but to look for work.
Dont give up and most of all keep them updated with all of your medical records and what meds you are taking and ect...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2011, 06:47 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

dismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB User

I was approved at my ALJ hearing. The total process to over 3.5 years. Keep an eye out because I received a letter saying I would have a hearing in a few months. I never got the letter stating my hearing had been scheduled. My lawyer called me on a Thursday to set up a pre hearing meeting and I was like what hearing. My hearing was the next Wednesday and luckily my husband and I were able to make it to the lawyer's office the day before.

The Following User Says Thank You to dismama For This Useful Post:
flaco9 (01-17-2011)
Old 01-15-2011, 07:04 PM   #4
(female)

Gloria62 HB UserGloria62 HB UserGloria62 HB UserGloria62 HB User

I had my hearing Dec. 3, 2010 and I am waiting for my decision letter. I know how frustrating waiting can be, whether you are waiting for a hearing or for a decision. Just hang in there and don't let it get to you too bad. I am learning a little patience through reading all of the posts here and knowing what others went through in the process. Everyone here is great when it comes to support. I will put in a little prayer for you that you hear something soon.

~~ Gloria ~~
August 2009 – 2nd Denial
September 2009 –2nd appeal
July 2010 - Hearing notice
December 2010 – ALJ Hearing
Denied
Filed new claim
Approved March 2012

The following user gives a hug of support to Gloria62:
jgrangran (01-17-2011)
Old 01-16-2011, 06:16 PM   #5
(female)

msgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB User

from what i have read via internet, more get approved at hearing level than any other.

yeah, ssa likes to play the "hurry up and wait forever" game... they give you a time limit on filing paperwork, making appeals etc, drs sending records and reports in. then they make you wait and wait and wait...
dang it, they should have a time limit too !

Old 01-17-2011, 05:53 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

You know you are right you have deadline but they don't and whats with the lawyers that sometimes turn things in and sometimes not. knowing all along they will get paid regardless when the claimants win no matter how there work preformance is because by the time you win ssa your so releived you just want it to be over with and just pay the lawyer. Its bad when ssa calls you and ask for stuff that the lawyer should have sent and the lawyer says don't work directly with ssa go thru them there is something there also like maybe the lawyers are stalling everyone should be held accountable I bet there is something going on that slows down ssa besides ssa all the time. They have polices they have to follow and people looking at there work. They personlity were nice trying to close my case. Everyone please just keep trying and do a lot of praying for patince thru the process it is hard not knowing what the furture holds it totality out of your control but you can make sure they have everything they need to help your case and try to conrol the things you can like praying.reading, puzzles , even comming to this board I know helped me. The whole process is hard just keep praying.

Last edited by jgrangran; 01-17-2011 at 05:54 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to jgrangran For This Useful Post:
Gloria62 (01-17-2011)
Old 01-17-2011, 03:38 PM   #7
(male)

tlwright HB Usertlwright HB Usertlwright HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgenerallee View Post
from what i have read via internet, more get approved at hearing level than any other.

yeah, ssa likes to play the "hurry up and wait forever" game... they give you a time limit on filing paperwork, making appeals etc, drs sending records and reports in. then they make you wait and wait and wait...
dang it, they should have a time limit too !
Very true, they tell us to HURRY UP and submit everything (Medical records, RFC forms, family/friends statements/Reconsideration letters) and other things in all within 60 days or less. They wait forever sitting on your file keeping you WAITING not knowing what is going on and leave you in the darkness of not knowing anything!

Closed Thread