It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2011, 04:06 PM   #1
(male)

Clem1 HB User
Had ALJ Hearing

Had my social security hearing and it was long about 45 minutes. The judged asked alot of questions then asked the vocational expert alot of questions. The V/E said I could not do anywork prior and that I could not perform work in the future saying there is not employment for me anywhere and no one would hire me he also stated.

The the judge ended the hearing without saying a peep not sure what to expect now any help would be gratfull thank you.

I am hoping since the vocational expert said I could not perform my past work and work int the future if that helps.

Or could the judge still say there is work for me and deny me and how would he base that after the v/e testimony.

Last edited by Clem1; 01-19-2011 at 04:45 PM.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:52 PM   #2
(female)

msgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB User
Re: Had ALJ Hearing

did the judge ask the VE any hypothetical questions? the clues to what the judge was thinking is the type of questions he asked the ve and how he worded the questions.. from what i have heard, if the ve or me answers the judge the way you say this one did, the judge will agree with him and award benefits.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #3
(male)

Clem1 HB User

He asked three different hypotheticals and the v/e said no to all three. some where if remember the first one was could i do and previous jobs he said no.

the second was providing i could sit stand no more then 10 mins and many others he said no.

the third was ther any work i could perform in the future and he said no then he explained why he said no then the judge ended the hearing.

O h sorry about the confusion he did as the hypotheticals i was giving the sequence/.

most where if could do this or that would there be a job for me and he said no. and he did give him three different sets of hypothetical questions all with different restricons and his answer was firm not uhm uhm it was a flat out fast NO to all the hypotheticals he gave and to the past work and could i perform other work were all a very strong NO/

Thank You

Last edited by Clem1; 01-19-2011 at 05:00 PM.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:07 PM   #4
(female)

msgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB User

fingers crossed you are approved, it sounds good from case studies i have read online at a few local attorneys sites..
you got a fair hearing for sure!
i have a claim filed in 2005 awaiting fed dist court hearing. and a new one filed feb 2010. at my alj hearing for the first go-round, i got screwed.
appt was at 8:30. judge calls us in at 8:30. me, hubby, atty and the lady making notes & the judge- NO VE and one was supposed to be there. everyone is introduced and me & hubby were sworn in. 8:45-8:50, judge starts, after waiting for VE, still not there ! judge let my atty do most of the questions to me & judge asked a few simple ones. 9:20- TADA !! VE flings door open, flops his laptop on table, opens it up does a couple of things. VE was NOT sworn in & NOT introduced ! judge told atty to continue. he only asked me 2 more questions & turned it over to the judge. judge asked VE (who had heard only the last 2 questions and answers of my testimony, had not seen the new records that the atty submitted just prior to hearing) a few hypo questions, atty crossed VE -- hearing over !
atty said afterwards, that the judge could not use anything the ve said toward his decision-- but he did ! so that is our leg to stand on along with some other things when it goes to fed dist court judge...

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: msgenerallee
Clem1 (01-19-2011), jgrangran (01-23-2011), Precious55 (01-19-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to msgenerallee For This Useful Post:
Clem1 (01-19-2011)
Old 01-19-2011, 05:10 PM   #5
(male)

Clem1 HB User

Thats not good at all that has happened to you I hope it all works out in the end for you This whole process is horrible.

I just hope the judge doesnt say that i could work when the v/e says i could not if so i would have one heck of an appeal.

I am just so wore out mentally from this whole process.

My atty says i won he stated the judge would base his decision on the v/e but its still the judge that has the final say which scares me more.

The judge was very polite and laid back he always would say please and thank you after you answered but i know there are some who are mean and nasty out to deny everyone.

Last edited by Clem1; 01-19-2011 at 05:16 PM.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:49 PM   #6
(female)

my judge was not mean or nasty, and you could tell early in that he was not happy with the ve not being there at the get go & started without him. alj's have to be pretty punctual on time limits. hopefully you will not have a long wait to get the decision..
on my claim filed feb 2010, i am at recon stage. the appt i had on the 11th with the psych ssa sent me to will be sending in his report within the next 2 days to ssa. hopefully soon i will find out that decision & hoping it will be favorable.
yes, i have been mentally exhausted from fighting ssa for over 5 years & 2 claims...it is ugly... they can keep their dang medicare/medicaid- i got insurance thru hubbies work. just approve my ssdi !

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: msgenerallee
beautifuldoe (01-21-2011), jgrangran (01-23-2011)
Old 01-23-2011, 05:50 AM   #7
(male)

Clem1 HB User

wow that was fast found out I was fully favorably for benifits got it yesterday in mail hoooray. I am excited but not that much now for sure I am disbaled I never thought this in my life would happen grew up thinking I was invincible like all kids. Kind of heartbreaking in a way but relief also. I have been suffering in misery for years no what I ask. Can harldy move from active working two jobs at times to this.

no the wait for the payment center.

I guess i should never have gotten hurt,

Last edited by Clem1; 01-23-2011 at 06:01 AM.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:31 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

I know how you feel.Congrats. So glad it's over but then your body is your body and your pain is your pain but knowing you are approved is wonderful. The finicial part is comfort. and knowing you will get what you actually worked for is comforting. I'm happy for you and hope you the best with both your health and your ssdi. If you can please help others that are still waiting are that are just begining with the process. How long did it take you? God Bless You ALways

The Following User Says Thank You to jgrangran For This Useful Post:
Clem1 (01-23-2011)
Old 01-23-2011, 07:10 AM   #9
(male)

Clem1 HB User

I applied in 2009 got the congresman involved from the start wich speed up the denials and the process got hearing notice in december 2010 then hearing in january 2011 took from there 3 days to get the letter.

They said the the congressional letter help them speed things up and it did i am happy financially but it was a long process.

But I have also heard from people the letter didnt help much guess its who congres person is and if they actually write a letter Mine sent me copies of all the letters theysent to social security and social security sent me a copy as well along with my denials.

So it could never hurt to get them involved call your local congres person and try to get them involved

The Following User Says Thank You to Clem1 For This Useful Post:
believe319 (01-23-2011)
Old 01-23-2011, 07:10 AM   #10
(female)

Gloria62 HB UserGloria62 HB UserGloria62 HB UserGloria62 HB User

Wow! That was fast! I still haven't heard anything from my hearing which was in early December. Congrats on your approval and God bless.

~~ Gloria ~~
August 2009 – 2nd Denial
September 2009 –2nd appeal
July 2010 - Hearing notice
December 2010 – ALJ Hearing
Denied
Filed new claim
Approved March 2012

Last edited by Gloria62; 01-23-2011 at 07:11 AM.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:12 AM   #11
(male)

Clem1 HB User

had the hearing on jan 19th go it yesterday not sure how must have been a new person trying impress until they get into the swing of how to make people wait 20 years.

My atty did say when it was over that the jadge i had was pretty good about getting decisions out right away. According the letter it was decided the day of my hearing and processed.

Last edited by Clem1; 01-23-2011 at 07:20 AM.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:21 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

Thanks for the info. While I got mine I have never ever forgotten how horriable the process was and while I got mine in 8 months I know from this board the anglish people feel it is really inumane that the process take so long. May you feel comfort that the wait is over for you but remmber others. Thanks again for the advice you gave. Again God Bless You and Congrats.

Old 01-23-2011, 08:34 PM   #13
(female)

congrats on getting approved and the quick notice !

Old 01-24-2011, 06:28 AM   #14
(male)

Clem1 HB User

Thank you very much its a relief finacially but morally its hard to accept

Old 01-25-2011, 04:03 PM   #15
(female)

i understand that for sure

Closed Thread