It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2011, 12:50 PM   #1
(male)

Twizted27 HB UserTwizted27 HB UserTwizted27 HB User
Anyone in North Carolina Had a Hearing Lately

Has anyone here had a hearing lately in North Carolina?? and how long does it take to get a decision from the judge?? Im in Greensboro NC But if you've had a hearing lately let me know how long it took you to get your decision. Thanks and God Bless you all.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:03 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

dismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB User
Re: Anyone in North Carolina Had a Hearing Lately

I'm in Charlotte. I had a hearing in June and was approved a my hearing. My lawyer said that sometimes when they know straight up that they are going to approve you that they will tell you right then. She said it is because alot of their job is negative and when they know it's going to be a positive outcome they like to see the reaction. But that is just my lawyers opinion.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dismama For This Useful Post:
Twizted27 (02-06-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2011, 08:19 AM   #3
(male)

Congratulations :-) on your win how long though did it take to get your letter from the judge in the mail though i wasnt told anything at me hearing im awaiting a decision this tuesday will be 5 weeks waiting mine was in Greensboro NC.Thanks and God Bless.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:23 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

Hang in ther twizted27, every case is different. think there is no why of knowing. Just becuase your judge didn't tell you right off doesn't mean you were excepted. Dismama I'm glad you got a great judge to tell you right up your lucky that was super nice of the judge seems like that judge had a heart and really cared when you know you are approved to just tell you. Congrats to you and thanks for helping others on this board. It helps to know. Maybe twizted 27 your case is in the writting stage. I know from others on this board not all judges just come out and tell someone there approved I know other have waited and waited and then received news they got approved so hang in there. God Bless all that are filing and those that were nice to repond back to help others

Last edited by jgrangran; 02-06-2011 at 08:25 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to jgrangran:
Twizted27 (02-06-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to jgrangran For This Useful Post:
Twizted27 (02-06-2011)
Old 02-06-2011, 08:43 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

dismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB User

I think the letter from the judge with the offical decision took about a month. My letter listing what my monthly benefit would be came before the offical decision letter. Unfortunately I also got a letter saying my case would be reviewed in a year. Becuase I am only 36 most likely. But my disability is Bipolar so it can't be cured and I've never really made any progress since being diagnosed. So hopefully I won't lose my benefits. I think my son's back pay may have been paid even before I received the offical letter.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:54 AM   #6
(male)

well see ive got bipolar add maniac depression not able really remeber alot since ive got rapid thoughts constantly running thru my mind ive also got ocd and i wasnt told nothing at my hearing but im unable to hold a job cause i cant keep my mind focused im on 40mg of prozac 900 mg of lithium right now but none of it is working for me im only 26 and im so stressed out right now its been 5 weeks and i dont no what id do if they deny me. Cause My lawyer thinks i won the case cause at the end the vocational expert said i could do 3 jobs and the amount nationwide then my lawyer said they should factor that id need assistance 6 hours out of a 8 hour day and then my lawyer asked her how many people wanna take time outta there day to train me and help me and she said there would be no jobs and then the judge dismissed her. So i dunno im so scared right now cause I know i cant work. My lawyer shes positive I won but Im Just Worried is all. Id love for someone to please tell me what they think cause I was disabled as a child too for having a low IQ as well. I also think people out to get me so I hardly never go outta the house and the judge knows all this. Thanks and God Bless all you out there awaiting a decision I wish you all approval.

The following user gives a hug of support to Twizted27:
jgrangran (02-06-2011)
Old 02-06-2011, 09:11 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

Hang in there twizted27, You have already been thur a lot just a little while longer. Do something that makes you happy watch comdeyies are watch the supper bowl. Dismama I am so sorry you have to be review yearly thats horrible to have that cloud over you. How does that process work when you have to do it will you let others on this board know. Also twizted27 your so young my heart goes out to you. I have a grandaughter that has a learning disability and really don't know what her IQ is but she also studders and really I sadly wonder what will her furture brings she is so shy and very timid her mother and step dad barley reconized her disabilities and treat her like she should be advanced beyond her years sadly there is nonthing I can do but be there for her and in my state of phycial condititon its hard. both mental and physcial. So hang in there and keep your head up high. relax and watch the supper bowl just for this one day forget all your troubles and let your self relax now if I could only take my own advice(HAHA). God Bless you and everyone

The Following User Says Thank You to jgrangran For This Useful Post:
Twizted27 (02-06-2011)
Closed Thread