It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2011, 01:49 PM   #1
(female)

reginaalear HB Userreginaalear HB Userreginaalear HB User
Finally got decision letter

Me and my husband went to the post office today and there was still no decision letter. My husband called his attorney and his assistant said she didn't know anything and that when they got their decision letter we would get ours the same day. We had been so aggravated because of being told two different things from the SSA. I decided that even though we have a appt. tomorrow for our daughters that we needed to go today and see what they had to say face to face. When we went in and told the lady why we were there she pulled up my husbands record and said it was a fully favorable decision on the 2nd. My husband told her that he hadn't recieved anything in the mail so she offered to print it out for us. She said it's at the payment center and they are putting his file together. I asked her if she could see my husbands bank acct. info. that the guy took over the phone and she said no it wasn't there so I asked her if she could take it and she said no that we would have to wait until the appt. tomorrow because you have to actually be getting paid your benefits before they can put it in there. She also said that tomorrow they could tell us more about how much he will get, etc. She told me to set both kids up a acct. but when I went to the bank to do so they told me that they can't because I have to have payee papers first. My husband has a payee account for our oldest daughters SSI and I have a acct. I use for my other daugthers SSI but it isn't a payee account so I wonder if that would work. If not does anyone know about how much longer it takes to get the money by check? Also does anyone know if this sounds like he may be getting payment soon? We're so happy knowing that he is approved for sure and hope nothing goes wrong. I know in the decision it said that the appeals board could deny it for no reason. Thanks to everyone for being there for me during this crazy time. I hope everyone gets answers soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2011, 02:09 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Harmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB User
Re: Finally got decision letter

I'm glad he was approved. Congratulations, it is horrible waiting as many of us still are.

The Following User Says Thank You to Harmoney For This Useful Post:
reginaalear (02-14-2011)
Old 02-14-2011, 03:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

Yes Congrats to you and good luck tommrow can you please let us all know how it goes tommrow. and please in the furture please help others when they have question simular to yours it helps. Whille I got approved 8 months into my claim process I have never forgotten how horriable that process was. Not only did I have to deal with the process but I had aparalegal that was so helpful at first then months later I went twice to talk to the head lawyer over his attuitue so that why I told myself I would try to help as many people as I am able just with words of encouragement. So please everyone hold your head up high and keep the faith don"t let this process get you down come to this board there are lots of people in the same boat. Good Luck and God Bless

Old 02-14-2011, 10:15 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User

I'm so very happy for you! Congrats!

I hope you can get some much-needed mental rest now.

The Following User Says Thank You to twohands For This Useful Post:
jgrangran (02-15-2011)
Closed Thread