It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2011, 04:33 PM   #1
(male)

Sixtwo HB User
Smile Disabilitie SSDI or SSI My Time Line

Hello Everyone, I putting up My Time Line from Date of First Denial to Approval. and still waiting?

I Applied February 09,2009 was denied December 09,2009 I Reapplied immediately then was denied April 09 2010 I got a Lawyer She Filed for a Hearing immediately on July 01,2010 I received a Letter from Courts they were backed-up and I would get a hearing date in six months to a year? I just had to wait then on January 05,2011 I received a letter My Hearing was scheduled for February 09,2011 at 10:00 am. I got ready to go that day then at 9:00 am My Lawyer called She said I did not have to go in to the hearing, the Judge called her, and said that If I excepted his conditions that He gave Me full Award of My Disability SSDI SSI & Medicade.
He reset My date forword from February 09 to May 20,2009 on My Lawyers advice I took the deal. I was told I'd receive the Award Letter in two to four weeks it's been Two Weeks and Six days I have not rec'd my Letter, But I rec'd a Letter from SSI they Made a Phone appointment for March 07,2011 they just need to update my Home Finances so they can calculate my Dollar amount. I keep you all posted how it turns out? I hope this helps!

The following user gives a hug of support to Sixtwo:
jgrangran (03-02-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to Sixtwo For This Useful Post:
jgrangran (03-02-2011)
Old 03-01-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User
Re: Disabilitie SSDI or SSI My Time Line

Congradulations winning ! Soon you will get your award letter. SSI has very strict income requirements. However, I have heard that some people qualify for both when the SSDi amount is low enough. The hard part is over for you . If you have not det up direct deposit , I strongly encourage you to do so. The money will be in your accont faster then having to wait for a check.

The Following User Says Thank You to mscat40 For This Useful Post:
jgrangran (03-02-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #3
(male)

Sixtwo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscat40 View Post
Congradulations winning ! Soon you will get your award letter. SSI has very strict income requirements. However, I have heard that some people qualify for both when the SSDi amount is low enough. The hard part is over for you . If you have not det up direct deposit , I strongly encourage you to do so. The money will be in your accont faster then having to wait for a check.
Thank You Mscat40, I Will set one up asap.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:44 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

Congrats to you Yea'''' Thank-you so much for comming back and letting everyone know it helps those people still in the process. And you explained it so well . Good for you I hope you the best God Bless

Old 03-02-2011, 09:22 AM   #5
(male)

Sixtwo HB User
Wink Re: Disabilitie SSDI or SSI My Time Line

Thank You, for Kind Words, I know how distressful this is waiting and wondering with fear of loosing everything. I had a wonderful Life I had the American Dream I had a fantastic Job a Beautiful Home a Beautiful Car, Then on night I woke up to pain in My Chest and Could not get a Breath My Heart was Failing and I came to in the Hospital! Them My Nightmare started to unfold..!!! I've Lost My Home, Car, and Every thing followed I was in the Hospital so long My insurance paid out the Limit and now I was surviving on My Savings. I found out the hard way The State won't Help you if You have Money or anything of Value. I lived off My Savings this Lasted a year and a half Now that I'm Broke and Homeless I Got $200. in food Stamps and Not a Penny More From any state or Federal dept. Well I'm still being very ill I was Living in a Car For two Month before My X Brotherinlaw offered me a room at no Charge because he remembered all the times I had Helped Him Financially in the past. That is how My sad little story started. I will never look at a Homeless person the same way! God Bless all still waiting I'll pray for you All !!

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Sixtwo
Dobie (11-07-2011), jgrangran (03-02-2011)
Old 03-02-2011, 10:23 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

AW' I'm sorry I think people have no ideal how it feels unless it personlity happens to them. I to had a blessed life I was always a fighter It started at birth 2lbs I was born with c/p but I never let it get to me but when you get old with c/p its a whole different story. God Bless you always things aren't going to be the same for you but try somehow to make the best of what you do have. I'm convenced that, thats the real key to happiness Although money really makes it more comfortable. Sometimes I think its better to look ahead and not back because it can be soooo sad with the help God and my family I push ahead . God Bless You and I'm so sorry about what has happended to you.

Last edited by jgrangran; 03-02-2011 at 10:25 AM.

Old 03-02-2011, 12:52 PM   #7
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixtwo View Post
Thank You, for Kind Words, I know how distressful this is waiting and wondering with fear of loosing everything. I had a wonderful Life I had the American Dream I had a fantastic Job a Beautiful Home a Beautiful Car, Then on night I woke up to pain in My Chest and Could not get a Breath My Heart was Failing and I came to in the Hospital! Them My Nightmare started to unfold..!!! I've Lost My Home, Car, and Every thing followed I was in the Hospital so long My insurance paid out the Limit and now I was surviving on My Savings. I found out the hard way The State won't Help you if You have Money or anything of Value. I lived off My Savings this Lasted a year and a half Now that I'm Broke and Homeless I Got $200. in food Stamps and Not a Penny More From any state or Federal dept. Well I'm still being very ill I was Living in a Car For two Month before My X Brotherinlaw offered me a room at no Charge because he remembered all the times I had Helped Him Financially in the past. That is how My sad little story started. I will never look at a Homeless person the same way! God Bless all still waiting I'll pray for you All !!
I live in CA too.. After losing my job, things went downhill quickly. What saved me was that I lived in HUD housing, and that is all income based. The lower amount of money you have the less you pay in rent. My son has autism and was collecting SSI. I did end up going to the welfare office and got food stamps , and a little money for me, but my son did not qualify .
I was able to win at the reconsidreration stage, but by then I was really ill and I think it was too hard for Social Security to dismiss my claim .
Now that you will start getting your benifits , I hope things start approving for you. Maybe you could also look into low income housing . Their are even apts. that just rent to disabled people and the elderly. Section 8 , is also good but that can take a long time to recieve.

The Following User Says Thank You to mscat40 For This Useful Post:
jgrangran (03-02-2011)
Closed Thread