It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #1
(female)

pme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB User
Had my ALJ hearing..now what?

Hello everyone, I am new here and have been getting a lot of useful information from reading prior posts.

I have been diagnosed with Recurrent Major Depression with psychotic features, Avoidant Personality Disorder and Anxiety with panic attacks.

I had my ALJ hearing on February 4th, after waiting about 2 years. Now how do I not go crazy waiting for a decision? It saddens me to see that many have to wait several months to get a decision. This whole process has added to my depression

Does anyone know what number to call to check the status after your hearing? I'm hoping they won't mind me calling to ask (?)

Old 03-02-2011, 06:04 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sickofpain2 HB Usersickofpain2 HB User
Re: Had my ALJ hearing..now what?

If the judge has not made a decision then they will tell you nothing. Maybe call the actual office where you had your hearing...even then, if decision is not made, they will not be of much help. They may tell you if judge has your file and is working on it.
Sorry I was not much help...the waiting is awful, isn't it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2011, 08:25 PM   #3
(male)

unknown57 HB Userunknown57 HB Userunknown57 HB Userunknown57 HB Userunknown57 HB User

You can call the Office of Hearings and Appeals in your area but if you have a lawyer they are not allowed to tell you anything. That is the problem I am having now.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:34 PM   #4
(male)

jrinaman HB User

took about 3 weeks for mine. lawyer said it went well. at the end of hearing, they asked about possable jobs i could do, i wasnt able to do any. evan then, it killed me to not know. i received "fully favorable" last week so now its back to waiting for the next letter, then the check. i was told the letter would take 2-6 weeks so 3 weeks was good, the answer was evan better.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:34 AM   #5
(female)

pme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrinaman View Post
took about 3 weeks for mine. lawyer said it went well. at the end of hearing, they asked about possable jobs i could do, i wasnt able to do any. evan then, it killed me to not know. i received "fully favorable" last week so now its back to waiting for the next letter, then the check. i was told the letter would take 2-6 weeks so 3 weeks was good, the answer was evan better.
Congratulations on winning! This whole process is unreal, all the waiting involved. It's good to know that some people are getting approved though

Closed Thread