It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2011, 10:43 PM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User
Re: Is it good or bad that SSDI is not wanting me to see their doctor?

Also, FYI that I had several doctors who refused to sign any paperwork related to disability or time off work. I was very fortunate to have others who did help out though.

The Following User Says Thank You to twohands For This Useful Post:
jgrangran (03-15-2011)
Old 03-14-2011, 11:16 PM   #17
(female)

Chrissy5626 HB UserChrissy5626 HB UserChrissy5626 HB UserChrissy5626 HB UserChrissy5626 HB User

I figure I will have a long road to hoe. My husband is such a great support. We take turns useing the tens unit. ha. Wonder how a person finds out if there state is back logged? Or should I just guess, they all are? I should have filed when my accident happened but always wished I would be better. It is so strange that some people just slip right on thru and some do not get it for awhile and your thinking...how the heck can that happen.

Last edited by Chrissy5626; 03-14-2011 at 11:21 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2011, 05:31 AM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

Chrissy5626, My Husband needs to use atens unit where did you get it we have a precript. for one but even the DR. doesn't no where we are to get it because we don"t have medicare yet. And Twohands I;m glad you said you had some DR. that wouldn;t sign your paper work but yet you got approved it helps other on this board that read this because someones else had the same problem with theeir DR. not filling out paperwork I hope that person reads this post. It very horrible when they don't but at least it shows that there is still hope that things will work out despite them not signing. It tell them to find other DR;s that will. Thanks again for both of you. God Bless and take care.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:51 AM   #19
(female)

Chrissy5626 HB UserChrissy5626 HB UserChrissy5626 HB UserChrissy5626 HB UserChrissy5626 HB User

You can get a tens unit with a perscription at most physical therary places. The place where I did all my p.t. on my neck and back is where I got mine. They are 800.00 but with my insurance bc/bs, I only paid 40.00 out of my own pocket. Well worth the money. We love it and it helps oh so much !
I should put in here too that even tho my reg doc who in an internal md that did not fill out an rfc form my my cardiologist doc, endocrinologist doc and my mental health therapist did. I am not expecting to get it the first time round. I am thinking a year or two at best. That way I will not get my hopes up too much. Oh, and another thing. When I filled at the ssdi office, the lady who helped me fill out the paperwork said I would have about 9,500. in back pay. How would she know that for sure? Cant they over turn that sort of thing? Plus she told me the amount I would get each month, would that be correct too??Lastly, she mentioned I wouldnt have to wait the full 2 years as I already had some time in for that. So confusing..geezz. lol

Old 03-15-2011, 12:03 PM   #20
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

TENS units can be obtained through Pain Management physicians, Physical Medicine (Physiatrist) physicians, or via Physical Therapy facilities. Without insurance it will be pricey so it may be something to hold out for insurance if you have the opportunity. The unit itself is one price and then you can get leads/patches over time but continuing a supply of those does cost money on an ongoing basis in many cases.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:20 PM   #21
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpineAZ View Post
TENS units can be obtained through Pain Management physicians, Physical Medicine (Physiatrist) physicians, or via Physical Therapy facilities. Without insurance it will be pricey so it may be something to hold out for insurance if you have the opportunity. The unit itself is one price and then you can get leads/patches over time but continuing a supply of those does cost money on an ongoing basis in many cases.
I bought a TENS unit about 10 years ago I think prior to any disability when I was still working. I purchased mine w/o going thru a medical USA doctor and Rx. This unit came from another country and cost me about $1000.00. Not sure about any legal ramifications of buying it the way I did but I was desperate to try anything to relieve the panic/anxiety. I know these things are normally used by people who suffer with chronic pain from purely physical causes but I had read where it could be useful also to some people plagued with crippling anxiety. Unfortunately, it did not help me and I wasted $1000 dollars. I think I still have the unit somewhere altho I have not used it in years. It is amazing some of the things one will try to alleviate chronic pain conditions. I have tried just about everything I believe in the past 20 years. Now, nothing works...even the meds do not work anymore and I am now just sorta stuck in a chronic pain state.

Closed Thread