It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2011, 06:44 AM   #1
(female)

honeebee3rd HB Userhoneebee3rd HB User
waiting stage

i am in the waiting stage for a alj hearing. i'm tired of waiting so i called my congressman i'm hopin that this will help move my case on down the line. i hope this doesn't hurt my chances.was told it could be another year for a hearing date. talk about slow. ugh.
dengenerative disk disease
arthritis
endometriosis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2011, 09:08 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

dismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB User
Re: waiting stage

It may not be as bad as you think. I was told it would take 12-15 months to get a hearing and then ended up with one 3 months later.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2011, 09:55 AM   #3
(female)

pme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB User

I don't think it can hurt to ask for their help. I've heard many people say it did speed things up for them. I hope this is the case for you!

Old 03-16-2011, 02:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User

I was told by my attorney there are only two ways to speed up a hearing:

1. If a doctor says you are going to die within 6 months
2. If you have an eviction/forclosure notice in hand

Otherwise, you basically have to wait in line line everyone else does. The system is really backlogged. Also, it's very inconsistent so some people in some parts of the country get a hearing in as little as 3 months, and others have to wait 2-3 years.

Once in a great while a judge will pull out a packet and randomly make a decision or move up the hearing, but this is rare.

I know it's hard to wait for the hearing - I've been there and it's truly nerveracking.

The Following User Says Thank You to twohands For This Useful Post:
BlueSkies14 (03-17-2011)
Old 03-16-2011, 03:34 PM   #5
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

Yes, the wait time is the most chalenging. Getting your congressman involved was a wise move. I know some people have done that and it helped . Twohands was right though. Wait times vary depending on the State you live , and how backlogged they are.

Closed Thread