It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2011, 02:32 PM   #1
(female)

dphelps HB User
Determination Board Question!!!

My Uncle recieved a call from the detemanation board yesterday.She wanted to know more about his work history, like what he had done on all his jobs .. What kind of tools and equiptment he has used at jobs and.She said they are waiting for results from the stress test (tread mill) that they had him to do two weeks ago so the Dr. could look at them so they could make their decision.. He wasn't able to do it. The guy giving the test took him off because his legs got all shaky and he couldn't hardley breath.He said they should have never had him doing the test this soon after having a heart cath. done just 2 weeks before...Has had a quadroople bypass 5 years ago. numerous heart caths with stents, lots of meds.. Do u think they are thinking that he could do so kind of work, or what was the reason for the call>> Thanks for responses..

Old 04-16-2011, 02:44 PM   #2
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User
Re: Determination Board Question!!!

Social security does call during the process of a application. The treadmill test sounds like it proved his disablity , because he could not do it well. AND it seems pretty dangerous to even make him try. Hopefully he will get an approval soon, and will not make him do anymore tests that could be life threatning.

The Following User Says Thank You to mscat40 For This Useful Post:
sunni123 (04-16-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2011, 05:26 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

I agree how old is your Uncle, and I might add it is so nice of you to help him he is lucky there are people that have no family support what so ever so it is again very nice of you to help him. God Bless You.

The Following User Says Thank You to jgrangran For This Useful Post:
sunni123 (04-16-2011)
Old 04-17-2011, 10:15 AM   #4
(female)

dphelps HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrangran View Post
I agree how old is your Uncle, and I might add it is so nice of you to help him he is lucky there are people that have no family support what so ever so it is again very nice of you to help him. God Bless You.
He will be 55 in May... He just has tried fro so long to keep working and not give up.Was taken from work 2 to 3 or more times a month by rescue to ER. Finally his heart Dr.told him no more, he had to apply for disability..They are just really having a hard time . No income since Sept..His wife went for a physical on Friday and is almost as bad as him!! DD deceaseand they put on that was unable to do any gainful employment..something wrong with the top chambers of her heart, sending her to a heart dr..,something about artery decease in her legs, uncontrolled sugar (very high ) even though she is taking several shots a day, And copd..said she has the lungs of a 93 year old man...I am trying to get her to sign up for disability as well but, she wants to wait for his case to be settled . Afraid it would interfer with his.. Very worried about them both.. Thank you so much for any support and responses..

Old 04-17-2011, 10:40 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

I think you are right o encourage her to apply he will get his quick I'm sure and so might she. I wouldn't waste vauable time I would go ahead and file on her its change but it seems a like of married couple file my husband filed first then I did but we both got it he got it quick first try, I got it on reconsideration stage took 6 months for him and 8 months for me. I hope she goes ahead and files Good Luck to you and your lovely family my prayers are with you please keep us posted. God Bless and take care

Old 04-17-2011, 02:05 PM   #6
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrangran View Post
I think you are right o encourage her to apply he will get his quick I'm sure and so might she. I wouldn't waste vauable time I would go ahead and file on her its change but it seems a like of married couple file my husband filed first then I did but we both got it he got it quick first try, I got it on reconsideration stage took 6 months for him and 8 months for me. I hope she goes ahead and files Good Luck to you and your lovely family my prayers are with you please keep us posted. God Bless and take care
Agreed . Both of them need to apply , and not wait for the other one to be approved. Social Security can be a long, tedious process, even when you do win, their is a waiting period. Both of them have very serious medical problems, It is not right for them to have to play the waiting game with Social Security. I hope things gp smoothly and fast .

The Following User Says Thank You to mscat40 For This Useful Post:
jgrangran (04-17-2011)
Old 04-20-2011, 08:53 AM   #7
(female)

twinkie35 HB User

I was diagnosis COPD this month,hell im already on Oxygen nightly since last month.I have a lawyer working on my case.I'am on two inhalers and new medications and also have anxiety disorder.

Closed Thread