It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2011, 11:47 PM   #31
(female)

3red3red HB User3red3red HB User3red3red HB User3red3red HB User3red3red HB User3red3red HB User3red3red HB User
Re: WOOO HOOO I am approved

I am so happy for you Chrissy! Enjoy your victory

Old 05-14-2011, 05:02 AM   #32
(female)

Chrissy5626 HB UserChrissy5626 HB UserChrissy5626 HB UserChrissy5626 HB UserChrissy5626 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscat40 View Post
I am certain your approval letter will come within days. i never had a phone call telling me that I was approved, that is lucky Going on Monday, is more about income , making sure you have direct deposit, and they have all your current personal information.
I though people could work while applying for benifits as long as it does not go over the SGA amount > I believe it is up to $1000. a month including gross income.
My son was even working a little bit, through a program called workability . He was paid through the school district, and they taught him how to wash tablesm mop throw trash away , after lunch time in the cafeteria. His biggest check for one month was just $286. He only worked about 5 months and it was over. So I think he will be fine. It may affect his backpay , if any as well. I think it sucls that they say you can work to a certain extent then use it against you when you win your social security claim.
Mscat, I think you are right about the 1000 a month. My problem is my pay for 5 months was 7,085. Almost all of that in the last 3 months when I was basically told to work the hours or be fired. I dont mind holding that part against me but I am going to write a letter to take with me on Monday and see if they will let me submit that with the papers she fills out. For the most part it was a part time job that paid decent.

The following user gives a hug of support to Chrissy5626:
jgrangran (05-14-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2011, 05:14 AM   #33
(female)

Chrissy5626 HB UserChrissy5626 HB UserChrissy5626 HB UserChrissy5626 HB UserChrissy5626 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellev1970 View Post
Chrissy, I am so happy for you! I had a feeling you were going to get it, from the beginning when we started talking! I know it is a lot less than what you were able to make while working I know mine is going to be so much less but with gas prices and inflation it may actually work out to be as much help to your house hold If you ever get down to Little Rock hollar at me.... we have so many health issues in common it is eerie I do not have the brain issues but I have so many of the others along with diabetes and addisons disease.... I am still waiting to go see their doctor for my mental evaluation but hey I have waited this long... I can wait some more! I think the job thing is why you are not getting your back pay, just yet but hang in there girl it will all work out! I am so glad you had uninsured on your car policy, I was an insurance agent, you would be surprised how many people do not want it on their policies, I always pushed for it tho and tried to explain that every third car going up and down the highway is uninsured! Ok I am rambling so I will go... again I am so so so happy for you girl I knew your case was so strong and that I would lose so much faith in the system if you did not get it~ was your husband excited for you when he got home? Good night and God bless!
Michelle,
LOL. I tried to wait til he got home from work but blurted it out on the phone instead. Once he got home he was like" I dont know who is happier me or you", I said "I am !!!". It seems sureal to me. I keep thinking wow, is this really over? I worried myself sick. You did say all along that I would get it. Thanks so so much for the personal letters and lets stay freinds. I really want too keep track of your ssdi claim with you. Now that I have mine, I really believe you will get yours. I didnt have much hope for either of us at first. That makes me a nay sayer?? I do not get to little rock much. Only a few times when we drove to Tunica to gamble, lol.
Oh and the uninsured motors thing. For what 3.15 ( I just looked at policy) it is a must !!! They paid out almost 65 thousand dollars between my top out pay, my new car, and the pay they gave my husand for his injury. That is truely and will always be the very best money ever spent.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:12 PM   #34
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy5626 View Post
Mscat, I think you are right about the 1000 a month. My problem is my pay for 5 months was 7,085. Almost all of that in the last 3 months when I was basically told to work the hours or be fired. I dont mind holding that part against me but I am going to write a letter to take with me on Monday and see if they will let me submit that with the papers she fills out. For the most part it was a part time job that paid decent.
I think that writing them a lettter is a great idea. Could you possible have the company you worked for write a letter too? If you could not work the hours or they let you go or something, that could help you. That was decent pay, it might effect your backpay is all. Since you have already been approved. At least you do not have to worry about that . The hardest part is over. Social Security might change your disability date of onset. But, you could always try and appeal their decision.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:38 PM   #35
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

If you plan to appeal the date then be sure you do one complete appeal. A letter without attached medical evidence may be considered your appeal and be insufficient. So if you are going in to SS, ask for written guidelines on how to appeal the date AND have them check, on the spot, if the date is an error.

Since SSDI bases the decision on medical evidence, any letter from an employer would likely not help UNLESS you made a formal request to your employer for a change with medical evidence. If you just requested a change to job duties and/or hours with no medical proof the employer's perspective isn't necessarily relative except to show the date of change in hours/dutiesm

Last edited by SpineAZ; 05-14-2011 at 03:42 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to SpineAZ For This Useful Post:
jgrangran (05-14-2011)
Old 05-15-2011, 12:13 AM   #36
(female)

tinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB User

Keep up the GOOD work. You will get what you deserve and i think it will be more than you imagine. Just know we are all rooting for you and we are screaming out loud for you. I hope you can hear me all the way from VA. Keep in touch and let us know what else happens. TAKE CARE!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to tinkerbell45 For This Useful Post:
Chrissy5626 (05-15-2011)
Old 05-16-2011, 12:43 AM   #37
(female)

tinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB User

SOOOOOO VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!! You and ALOT of other people on this board deserve it and I hope and pray EVERYONE gets theres. I do know from personal experience it can be SOOOO time consuming but it it SOOOO worth the wait AND all of the hard work. So everyone keep your chins up GOD will work it out for you. Thanks for listening!!!TAKE CAKE!!!!

The following user gives a hug of support to tinkerbell45:
jgrangran (05-16-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to tinkerbell45 For This Useful Post:
jgrangran (05-16-2011)
Old 05-16-2011, 06:02 PM   #38
Veteran
(female)

sunni123 HB Usersunni123 HB Usersunni123 HB Usersunni123 HB Usersunni123 HB Usersunni123 HB Usersunni123 HB Usersunni123 HB Usersunni123 HB Usersunni123 HB Usersunni123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscat40 View Post
I though people could work while applying for benifits as long as it does not go over the SGA amount > I believe it is up to $1000. a month including gross income.
My son was even working a little bit, through a program called workability . He was paid through the school district, and they taught him how to wash tablesm mop throw trash away , after lunch time in the cafeteria. His biggest check for one month was just $286. He only worked about 5 months and it was over. So I think he will be fine. It may affect his backpay , if any as well. I think it sucls that they say you can work to a certain extent then use it against you when you win your social security claim.
I too think it sucks. If a person works, they may be testing their abilities to see if they can in fact work. SS should not use that against them. But the sad truth is, the longer you work when applying (even if you get fired), the more likely you will get denied. If you are under SGA it can be deemed an unsuccessful work attempt (UWA) when applying, but the magic figure seems to be 3 months. Anything under 3 months, the UWA won't be questioned that much. 3-6 months it gets murkier. If you are applying and have a UWA for 3-6 months, you need proof from employer it was due to medical condition, as well as you need to prove your performance was spotty on the job (lots of absences, etc) or you needed accommodation. Not clear on all this but think it is how they view things.

Last edited by sunni123; 05-16-2011 at 06:05 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to sunni123 For This Useful Post:
tinkerbell45 (05-17-2011)
Old 05-16-2011, 06:19 PM   #39
(male)

Railroad Man HB UserRailroad Man HB User

Great news,hang in there and stay on them, and I beleive they will come thru and pay you.

Closed Thread