It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2011, 05:31 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

angelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB User
Good News!

Hi Everyone, Just a note to tell you I saw the NP at my clinic I go to and she stated the thearpist who filled out the report and gave the GAF score of 63 was wrong and I do not have just mild chronic depression. She said it is Major Depression and she is going to get a letter typed up with the correct GAF score and the correct diagnosis. I'm totally exhausted from going there and talkiing to her. This should have been changed since I first started going to the clinic. She also said she'd fax the report to the attorney and she's working w/my Rhum. and she will do everything she can to help me get my SSDI. So, I feel a little better tonight, still in pain but relieved that the diganosis is Major Depression along with FIBRO and Cervical Spondylosis. Have a Happy Memorial Day weekend! angelwings54

Old 05-27-2011, 07:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User
Re: Good News!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelwings54 View Post
Hi Everyone, Just a note to tell you I saw the NP at my clinic I go to and she stated the thearpist who filled out the report and gave the GAF score of 63 was wrong and I do not have just mild chronic depression. She said it is Major Depression and she is going to get a letter typed up with the correct GAF score and the correct diagnosis. I'm totally exhausted from going there and talkiing to her. This should have been changed since I first started going to the clinic. She also said she'd fax the report to the attorney and she's working w/my Rhum. and she will do everything she can to help me get my SSDI. So, I feel a little better tonight, still in pain but relieved that the diganosis is Major Depression along with FIBRO and Cervical Spondylosis. Have a Happy Memorial Day weekend! angelwings54
I am so glad that you went to talk to her. I hope thu she can help you get your depression under control this whole process makes even those that don't have depression get it. Can she help you feel better? please keep use posted and come back to help others it seems to help me when I am able to help others.

The following user gives a hug of support to jgrangran:
angelwings54 (05-27-2011)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jgrangran For This Useful Post:
angelwings54 (05-27-2011), BlueSkies14 (05-28-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2011, 06:37 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

Quote:
This is great news angelwings54. We must all strive to review and correct any inaccurate medical information in our medical files since these things can have a great impact on our claim for disability benefits. Indeed, we are our own best advocates. Kudos to you for getting this straightened out.

Old 05-28-2011, 10:46 AM   #4
(female)

tinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB User

Hi there! I am thrilled for you i do believe that EVERYTHING will go YOUR way!!! I have a question what does the letters GFS stand for? I am disabled and have been receiving benefits since 2000 but I have never heard that term until I joined this board,which by the way isn't this board just AWESOME??? I LOVE it i have made alot of friends here and i KNOW i can come here to just "VENT" if i need to... anyway THANKS ALOT for the answer in advance. TAKE CARE!!!!

Old 05-28-2011, 02:30 PM   #5
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

Quote:
to me, this sounds like a lot. 3 big medical diagnoses to support a claim of disablity should help you win your benefits. I am sorry you are suffering . I've had a reaction to one of those virus'es children get. In adults it results in extremely painful joints, and it could bring me into tears. It was not Rhum. arthites , but I was given medicine to treat the pain ... I felt pain in all my joints and could not stop it from happening. It finally went away after a couple of years. it was so bad, And I did not understand what the heck was happening. I also have major depression , and NO it has not gone away depite treatment. I believe social security is going to look at what treatment methods are used to treat the depression and if these methods are working.
Well again the Major Depression caused complications, where I was Halunciate, losing touch with reality big time. So now in order to control the major depression , The Psychatist makes me be on mood stablizers anti psyhotics anti depressants in which the DR. has changed meds on a bunch of times. I am a walking pharmacy. Unfortunately, for me , things only got worse before it got better and finally evened out. I do live my life as to not upset things , so it is limited. Only way to cope.

The following user gives a hug of support to mscat40:
angelwings54 (05-29-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to mscat40 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2011, 03:03 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell45 View Post
Hi there! I am thrilled for you i do believe that EVERYTHING will go YOUR way!!! I have a question what does the letters GFS stand for? I am disabled and have been receiving benefits since 2000 but I have never heard that term until I joined this board,which by the way isn't this board just AWESOME??? I LOVE it i have made alot of friends here and i KNOW i can come here to just "VENT" if i need to... anyway THANKS ALOT for the answer in advance. TAKE CARE!!!!
GAF = Global Assessment of Functioning
Definition = scale used by mental health clinicians and physicians to subjectively rate the social, occupational, and psychological functioning of adults.

* It is used more frequently by the military to determine the level of military benefits for disabled veterans.

RFC = Residual Functional Capacity
* It is used more frequently by SSA to determine the level of disability for SSDI applicants.

Last edited by BlueSkies14; 05-28-2011 at 03:21 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to BlueSkies14 For This Useful Post:
jgrangran (05-28-2011)
Old 05-29-2011, 03:23 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

angelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB User

Thanks so much! I haven't been feeling well for the past few days. Windy and hot in Colorado. Don't know if it's the wind. I feel something fierce today. I hope you are having a nice weekend. angelwings54

Old 05-29-2011, 05:02 PM   #8
(female)

tinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB User

I hope you feel better soon!!! It REALLY sucks to wake up EVERYDAY and not know if it is going to be a bad day or a good one depending on your health. It has been hot here today also and i thankful for the nice weather because we just went through a devastating tornado(F4-F5) on April 27th and it killed 4 people and did 50 million dollars of damage. We were blessed that it only took the shutters off of our house. I suffer from HORRENDOUS hot flashes day night just whenever they decide to appear but i will not take any hormones for them because of all of the stuff that they write about the side effects such as the breast cancer,etc... I didn't mean to ramble on but thanks ALOT for listening and i do hope you feel better,MUCH BETTER SOON!!!! TAKE CARE!!!

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: tinkerbell45
angelwings54 (05-29-2011), jgrangran (05-29-2011)
Old 05-29-2011, 05:35 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell45 View Post
I hope you feel better soon!!! It REALLY sucks to wake up EVERYDAY and not know if it is going to be a bad day or a good one depending on your health. It has been hot here today also and i thankful for the nice weather because we just went through a devastating tornado(F4-F5) on April 27th and it killed 4 people and did 50 million dollars of damage. We were blessed that it only took the shutters off of our house. I suffer from HORRENDOUS hot flashes day night just whenever they decide to appear but i will not take any hormones for them because of all of the stuff that they write about the side effects such as the breast cancer,etc... I didn't mean to ramble on but thanks ALOT for listening and i do hope you feel better,MUCH BETTER SOON!!!! TAKE CARE!!!
your're not rambling on. It's great to hear from you. I'm feeling better this afternoon. I'm so sorry to hear about the devastating tornados. We used to live in Louisiana and fortunatley we never went throught one but had them come close. I think that's why we moved to CO it's just beautiful out here and I can breath. I too have hot flashes. I don't have any health insurance and my perscription has run out sooooo, I think that is why I'm feeling so bad with the fibro and I had a terrible headache yesterday due to the wind. I hope you stay safe and I'll be praying for you.

Old 05-29-2011, 05:53 PM   #10
(female)

Thanks i am glad you are feeling some better and you made me feel better by writing back to me. I hate that you have no insurance now i KNOW how hard that can be because i have been there also. Maybe you can ask your dr. for some samples if they don't have exactly what you have ask them if there is anything similar to what you need to take or maybe he ask the drug reps that come by the office for samples and i know for a fact that the drug reps do come by and leave samples,i know this as i used to work for a dr. until i became disabled. Anyway maybe together we can figure this all out.... TAKE CARE!!!!!!

The following user gives a hug of support to tinkerbell45:
The Following User Says Thank You to tinkerbell45 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2011, 06:09 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

I'm glad both of you are feeling better I am sorry about your bad weather also it was such a horriable week with those tornado outbreaks. My prayers go out to everyone. On the med issue maybe you can find a clinic that is free are a sliding scale thing maybe if you have a hospital that is part of a universcity. Are maybe your social service office has something to help you. I hope that helped some.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:45 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

Keep intouch and take care. Thanks for being there for me to.
angelwings54

Closed Thread