It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2011, 02:18 PM   #1
(female)

BrownEyes781 HB UserBrownEyes781 HB UserBrownEyes781 HB User
Angry Waiting SSDI Hearing

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone is familiar with the Hearing process? I had a set-back or breakdown (whatever you want to call it) in Jan of 2008. I took a leave from work, was fired April 2008. I filed for my SSDI due my excessive hi's and lows and I couldn't deal with people, just a lot of depression, anxiety, and paranoia. Now today things are worse, I feel everyone is out to get me and there seems to be no help. I was denied the 1st and 2nd time and couldn't concentrate enough or deal with too much of anything without my meds (lost insurance). Got my insurance back beginning of last year and thought why aint I heard anything..... SSA says Hey you didn't appeal for a hearing. So I did a 3rd appeal (1 year after 2nd denial 05/09) in 05/2010. I received a letter stating I need to give good cause. I told them the situation and they gave me my time and put me on a list for a hearing. First I was told I should have a hearing by May which ended yesterday but was never given even a judge. Well I got a letter 2 weeks ago from a judge to go to another #$%n CE. I went to 2 originally. This time I was there for 4 hours and had to take some MMPI test with 567 questions.... I thought I was gonna turn into a Super Saiyon!!! Positive note was the man had open space in the office and he was nice. He told me I was gifted... Go figure what is that... I told him just because you have disorders and react to things differently than others doesnt mean you have to be a darn idiot. I have enough problems with myself to not want or need to act as if I have another. Why would this judge (after SSA said I didn't even have 1 assigned to my case) send me to another CE??? I've been in therapy and on meds on and off since I was hospitalized at 14. Consistently for the most part for the past 3 years. Help please someone, Im so at the end of my rope!!!!!!!!

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: BrownEyes781
angelwings54 (06-01-2011), jgrangran (06-01-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2011, 03:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User
Re: Waiting SSDI Hearing

I would go talk to your DR. and tell him how you are feeling.and do you have a lawyer? how long has it been since you first applied for ssdi? Hang in there others will post and help you out. I would get a lawyer if you don't have one because from everywhere I have read says don't go to the ALJ without help from a lawyer.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:16 PM   #3
(female)

Jgrangran I do have an attorney that I hired in August 2010. When i took my leave from work in Jan 2008 they forced me to return in April 2008, when I actually did my SSDI app, then they fired me the next day.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

I'm sorry , I hope you hang in there and what does your lawyer say about all this. Please don;t give up keep waiting I know the waiting is hard it just one of the things you have to do. I hope your lawyer is helpiing you.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:32 PM   #5
(female)

My lawyer said I have lengthy medical history records, mostly consistent if not speaking of other issues, but he believes my case is about 90% won on its own. He said he thinks im being denied because of my age basically. He stated I have work history with periods of having to stop or being fired. Im trying to hold it together but it s really hard.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:38 PM   #6
(female)

capatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB User

Good that you have good medical documention ,that's what will win it for you, my best to you

Old 06-01-2011, 06:09 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hang in there it is very normal to feel like you do. Just keep the faith. It will happen for you just don't give up. See I just don't get it age should not play apart really because if your disabiled your disabiled your not less disabiled because your young. Hang in there

The Following User Says Thank You to jgrangran For This Useful Post:
BrownEyes781 (06-01-2011)
Old 06-01-2011, 07:51 PM   #8
(female)

Thanks Capatga

Old 06-01-2011, 08:55 PM   #9
(male)

BradinCA HB UserBradinCA HB UserBradinCA HB UserBradinCA HB UserBradinCA HB User

God.. I feel exactly like you do. These bastards at social security will do everything possible to deny as many people as possible. I am with u - in reality, and spirit.

The Following User Says Thank You to BradinCA For This Useful Post:
BrownEyes781 (06-01-2011)
Old 06-01-2011, 09:19 PM   #10
(female)

BradinCA..... Im past sick of this, I just feel like their is no hope. I try to keep the faith but it seems the more I try, the more s#%* happens including mixed episodes. I feel like everything is against me regardless of how hard I try. I made it out of high school with a kid, had 4 more kids by my 21st bday still had episodes but was fighting. It seems because I can calculate and decent in math and puzzles they give, that I must be a okay.... Jerks. Maybe they want to wait til im off my meds again when I lose this insurance if im not approved in time, then wind up on the dang news!!!

The following user gives a hug of support to BrownEyes781:
BradinCA (06-01-2011)
Old 06-01-2011, 09:32 PM   #11
(male)

BradinCA HB UserBradinCA HB UserBradinCA HB UserBradinCA HB UserBradinCA HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyes781 View Post
BradinCA..... Im past sick of this, I just feel like their is no hope. I try to keep the faith but it seems the more I try, the more s#%* happens including mixed episodes. I feel like everything is against me regardless of how hard I try. I made it out of high school with a kid, had 4 more kids by my 21st bday still had episodes but was fighting. It seems because I can calculate and decent in math and puzzles they give, that I must be a okay.... Jerks. Maybe they want to wait til im off my meds again when I lose this insurance if im not approved in time, then wind up on the dang news!!!
Ok... I don't know exactly how you are feeling, but I can honestly say, I know ALMOST exactly how you are feeling.
We gotta hang in... it's a ****** waiting game with these people. ESPECIALLY when it comes to ANY mental illness - SS tries to make the person WAIT until the brink. I know how $h!TTY it is to be rejected. I just got my 1st rejection a couple weeks ago.
And now...they send me BULLCRAP paper work.. it's so annoying.

I don't know what to do. But the only thing I can do - is wait.

We gotta wait together

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: BradinCA
BrownEyes781 (06-02-2011), capatga (06-02-2011), jgrangran (06-02-2011)
Old 06-02-2011, 12:53 AM   #12
(female)

I can definitely relate to you BradinCA we will wait together. Its hard but we gotta stand up for ourselves and other mental illness people.

The following user gives a hug of support to BrownEyes781:
jgrangran (06-02-2011)
Old 06-02-2011, 04:51 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Please both of you just hang in there try to past the time with reading are watching tv. Your feelings are like everyone that has to go thru this process it takes a lot of time but you both will get there. Try to think postive like your going to win this battle it is the same for everyone .at some point you feel like giving up but don't they want you to give up try to pass the time and try to remain postive fill out all paperwork they send you quicky and make copies before you send it back. You might need to talk to your DR. about how you are feeing they can help. I had to be put on antidepressants and counceling to help me thru this. It also might help to read others post you can click on their name and hit satatics and find their other post are threads it will help you to see that they are going thru the same process I know its hard very hard. I wish there was a different way of doing things but its the way it is, you have two ways of looking at this postive are negative Hang in there people on this board will try to help.

Old 06-02-2011, 06:20 AM   #14
(female)

Thanks Jgrangran! I know that I need to see this battle through because they want me to give up, my family suffers while they give some people SSI who are playing them. I'd rather give them my mood swings, headaches, paranoia, hives, itching, pain and etc. to be okay and live a fairly normal life. I cant even stay in a relationship due to this, so I have my kids by myself except for a little help. Its crazy that they just let people go through like that and some of us are taken lightly and have to fight!

Old 06-02-2011, 07:06 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

I know. While I told my husband a million times I'm glad our kids are grown so they don't have to weather the dark storm to. but guess what when you are approved I think your kids get something to. Hang in there it will be worth it in the end really I feel for you and your little ones dearly I'm glad you have family to help you. many many people don't and those that have some family the family members give them a hard time for filing so hang in there you can do this for yourself and your kids. Take care and God be with you always. Please keep using this board it will help you alot.

Closed Thread