It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2011, 03:25 PM   #1
(female)

BrownEyes781 HB UserBrownEyes781 HB UserBrownEyes781 HB User
Angry Bipolar waiting for SSD Hearing!!!! Aaaahhhh!

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone is familiar with the Hearing process? I had a set-back or breakdown (whatever you want to call it) in Jan of 2008. I took a leave from work, was fired April 2008. I filed for my SSDI due my excessive hi's and lows and I couldn't deal with people, just a lot of depression, anxiety, and paranoia. Now today things are worse, I feel everyone is out to get me and there seems to be no help. I was denied the 1st and 2nd time and couldn't concentrate enough or deal with too much of anything without my meds (lost insurance). Got my insurance back beginning of last year and thought why aint I heard anything..... SSA says Hey you didn't appeal for a hearing. So I did a 3rd appeal (1 year after 2nd denial 05/09) in 05/2010. I received a letter stating I need to give good cause. I told them the situation and they gave me my time and put me on a list for a hearing. First I was told I should have a hearing by May which ended yesterday but was never given even a judge. Well I got a letter 2 weeks ago from a judge to go to another #$%n CE. I went to 2 originally. This time I was there for 4 hours and had to take some MMPI test with 567 questions.... I thought I was gonna turn into a Super Saiyon!!! Positive note was the man had open space in the office and he was nice. He told me I was gifted... Go figure what is that... I told him just because you have disorders and react to things differently than others doesnt mean you have to be a darn idiot. I have enough problems with myself to not want or need to act as if I have another. Why would this judge (after SSA said I didn't even have 1 assigned to my case) send me to another CE??? I've been in therapy and on meds on and off since I was hospitalized at 14. Consistently for the most part for the past 3 years. Help please someone, Im so at the end of my rope!!!!!!!!

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: BrownEyes781
angelwings54 (06-03-2011), VintageKym (06-25-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2011, 06:37 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User
Re: Bipolar waiting for SSD Hearing!!!! Aaaahhhh!

Sorry about the depression and anxiety BrownEyes781. I have suffered with these things my entire life also. That is why I had to file for SSDI. I am now @ the hearing level and waiting. It has been about 16 months since my initial application. You said you were fired from your job. They can't really fire you for being sick. What was the reason given for the termination? You said
Quote:
SSA says Hey you didn't appeal for a hearing.
Do you have a lawyer or SSDI rep. These ppl will make sure all appeals are done in a timely manner. They may make you start all over b/c you you did not meet the appeal deadline after you were denied @ the reconsideration level. Please get a lawyer if you don't have one already. You pay them to worry about this stuff so you can concentrate on your health.

The Following User Says Thank You to BlueSkies14 For This Useful Post:
jgrangran (06-02-2011)
Old 06-02-2011, 07:34 AM   #3
(female)

Blueskies14 they did give me the "good cause" time so I didnt have to start over just taking extra time. They used it against me on my attendance and their went the income that took care of us. It was extremely stressful and I started doubling on some of my anxiety meds but still had a breakdown at work lying in the middle of the call center floor yelling and crying. I do have a lawyer who believes that my case is strong due to my trying to work frequently and my medical records. He says im basically being denied because im young but I have more credits than most young folks. I was sent to 2 CE's originally in 08 and now the judge sent me a letter to go to one 5/31. Why do you think he did this?

Old 06-02-2011, 07:41 AM   #4
(female)

My initial app was denied stating that it was so due to eventhough my bipolar and anxiety was severe to where I should not be around a lot of people. Despite that I had back issues, I could still to work as a package handler as I did in my teens. Last time I checked UPS facilities for PH's are large with hundreds of people, and you must be able to consistently lift packages up to 75lbs pretty quickly. I put in for reconsideration but they couldn't really explain just saying they were gonna stand with the previous decision. I not a rocket scientist but that is contradicting to me.

The following user gives a hug of support to BrownEyes781:
jgrangran (06-02-2011)
Old 06-02-2011, 12:25 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

dismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB User

What does your doctor say? Getting approved for mental health issues really depends on what the doctor thinks because there is no medical test that can determine you are bipolar. It's all about meds, therapy and making sure you see your psych. Have you had hospitalizations? I was approved for bipolar when I was 32. Being young figures into it but it is your overall mental health and your doctor's opinion that matters.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dismama For This Useful Post:
BlueSkies14 (06-02-2011), jgrangran (06-02-2011)
Old 06-02-2011, 01:11 PM   #6
(female)

I have only had 1 hospitalization. I wont let them put me in any so instead when I have episodes where I get violent and cant rationalize this or that, my mother comes. Sometimes I have to send my kids to their aunt who lives a mile down the street. I cant let them go to far or with just anyone because people are freaks and I will cancel them for my children. My therapist said years ago and still that I dont need to be working, as have my medical Dr's. I used to just try anyway until I started getting paranoid and wanting to hurt people around me. I have insurance right now so meds (Lamictal, Risperdal, and Atarax)(IB800's I hate the way Lortabs make me feel and Robaxin) I can get with a small copay.

The following user gives a hug of support to BrownEyes781:
jgrangran (06-02-2011)
Old 06-02-2011, 01:58 PM   #7
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

The only reason that I can think of is that social security wanted a update on your conditions. 08 was three years ago. That is why social security sent you to a CE again. Did you go to that appointment? It is good that you have an attorney. Are you trying to get your SSDI? or SSI? Their are a lot of people out there that are young, and qualify for disability. I honestly do not think that age plays a very important factor. Iknow that Bi Polar is on the disability listings for social security. But, Bi Polar is best controlled with the right medications . That is why it can be hard to win a claim with any mental health conditions. But, if the condition is making it impossible to work despite having medications thne social security will try and get a hold of you medical records. If their is not enough evidence then social security sents the person to a CE. That is not too unusal. Sorry you have had to fight for your benefits for this long. That must be really difficult. It is very good that you have not given up. A lot of people have won at the hearing stage.

The Following User Says Thank You to mscat40 For This Useful Post:
jgrangran (06-02-2011)
Old 06-02-2011, 02:51 PM   #8
(female)

I applied for SSDI eventhough they have you apply for both. I have 40-44 credits. They have changed my meds a few times, none stop my episodes just might have them as frequent if the dosage is high enough, then it makes me sleepy. So I sleep a lot when Im depressed or medicated.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:22 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyes781 View Post
I have only had 1 hospitalization. I wont let them put me in any so instead when I have episodes where I get violent and cant rationalize this or that, my mother comes. Sometimes I have to send my kids to their aunt who lives a mile down the street. I cant let them go to far or with just anyone because people are freaks and I will cancel them for my children. My therapist said years ago and still that I dont need to be working, as have my medical Dr's. I used to just try anyway until I started getting paranoid and wanting to hurt people around me. I have insurance right now so meds (Lamictal, Risperdal, and Atarax)(IB800's I hate the way Lortabs make me feel and Robaxin) I can get with a small copay.
What kind of insurance do you have? You said you lost your job and you have not been approved for SSDI/Medicare yet, right?

The Following User Says Thank You to BlueSkies14 For This Useful Post:
jgrangran (06-02-2011)
Old 06-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #10
(female)

The no income qualified me for a temporary state medical card.

The Following User Says Thank You to BrownEyes781 For This Useful Post:
MOnsterpete (12-08-2011)
Closed Thread