It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2011, 08:59 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

angelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB User
Question SSDI Hearing Good News

So, I spoke with me attorney on Thursday and she went over the questions she's going to ask me at the hearing. My Dr. will also be there. The Judge I have does not ask any questions so I guess that is good. My attorney said I can bring some notes and the hearing should only take 30 mins. that day so I do feel better about the hearing. My attorney did say the onset date that I did not work was 10/1/09 because that is when the SSA Dr.saw me for the mental health evaluation. I quit my job on 6/30/09. So if I win the SSDI Hearing will it be 15 mos.? of back pay? I was a little confused when she told me that I was figuring 18 mos. Thanks,

Old 06-11-2011, 10:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: SSDI Hearing Good News

That is good news. It sounds like you just might get some back pay which of course will be a blessing. Just keep cool about the entire thing. Answer your questions very honestly and be very sincere. Sounds like your lawyer has everything maped out for questions. Hopefully you will beable to come back here and give us GREAT REPORT.

I'm not totally sure how these things work as I've never gone through it but do have a friend whos daughter did and is still waiting...one year! Hers was all caused by an incompetent Dr. who screwed up a surgery too and now she is unable to work. Obviously trying to prove it is a nightmare!

All my best of wishes...JJ....

The following user gives a hug of support to JJ:
angelwings54 (06-11-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2011, 11:08 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

angelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB User

Thanks so much for responding back to me. Just a little nervous about everything but I'm trying to calm down like you said. I keep going over everything in my head. For the last three days my neck - cervical spondylosis arthritis in my neck has really been bad. Was in the bed all day yesterday and I had to take some more medicine to sleep. I'll keep in touch about the hearing. Gentle Hugs!!!!! - Laura

Old 06-11-2011, 11:38 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Of course your nervous and that is raising havoc with your poor body. I know when I am nervous about anything my muscles just tighten right up then when I relax I feel like I got hit by a bus........Just stay optomistic and hopefully everything will go your way.

Looking forward to a good update....JJ....

The Following User Says Thank You to JJ For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelwings54 View Post
So, I spoke with me attorney on Thursday and she went over the questions she's going to ask me at the hearing. My Dr. will also be there. The Judge I have does not ask any questions so I guess that is good. My attorney said I can bring some notes and the hearing should only take 30 mins. that day so I do feel better about the hearing. My attorney did say the onset date that I did not work was 10/1/09 because that is when the SSA Dr.saw me for the mental health evaluation. I quit my job on 6/30/09. So if I win the SSDI Hearing will it be 15 mos.? of back pay? I was a little confused when she told me that I was figuring 18 mos. Thanks,
I hope you win angelwings and everything goes as planned. You said your doctor is also going to be there? I think this is a big plus on your behalf but most doctors are not present at these things. How did you get your doctor to show up @ the hearing? Most docs simply can not afford to take days off from work to appear at these things? Please come back and update us all about how the hearing went.

Old 06-11-2011, 06:28 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

I have a great dr. and she said that she didn't do this for all patients for me she knows that I deserve the disability. So, she scheduled time off at 12:15 pm for the hearing and she said she'd right there to give her testify. I'll keep you posted on how it all went after the hearing.

Old 06-11-2011, 06:43 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelwings54 View Post
I have a great dr. and she said that she didn't do this for all patients for me she knows that I deserve the disability. So, she scheduled time off at 12:15 pm for the hearing and she said she'd right there to give her testify. I'll keep you posted on how it all went after the hearing.
This sounds great to me. Hold onto that doctor angelwings. You have a good one. Even a good lawyer will tell you w/o a good doctor supporting your SSDI/LTD claim, you essentially have no claim. It is critical to develop a strong bond/relationship with a medical health practitioner who can both treat your medical condition and also be there to support your disability and all the paperwork and medical records associated with such things.

The Following User Says Thank You to BlueSkies14 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

You most certainly do have a GREAT Dr. wow!!! It's so nice to hear of a Dr. who knows when someone needs assistance and is willing to go the whole nine yards for them. Does she have a twin who would like to practice in CT.???....

All kidding aside, I love my Dr. but I really am sooo happy for you. I can't wait to hear the results of your hearing..better be good.

All the best...JJ...

Old 06-11-2011, 07:25 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

I'll be sure to update you after the hearing. Take care and have a nice weekend! Gentle Hugs!!! - Laura

Closed Thread