It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2011, 10:23 AM   #1
pme pme is offline
Senior Member
(female)
 
pme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 273
pme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB User
after the hearing and consultative exam...

I had my hearing in February, and the judge decided to send me to a consultative exam. I attended the exam May 20th and it was very thorough. Took about 2 hours in all. The problem is, the SSA is saying the doctor never sent them a report. So here I sit at a standstill. The judge won't make a decision without this information and the doctor has apparently flaked out. Either that or he sent the report and SSA lost it (this is entirely possible I think).

I just contacted my attorney's office to see if there's anything at all they can do to help with the situation. They are going to make some phone calls, but told me that I should have been approved without even having to go to a consultative exam.

This is so frustrating. Has anyone else ever had their CE doctor not send in the report after the exam?

 
The following 5 users give hugs of support to: pme
angelwings54 (06-15-2011), LadyVols (06-18-2011), mscat40 (06-15-2011), redfredr76 (06-20-2011), sunni123 (06-14-2011)
Old 06-14-2011, 10:28 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 2,602
BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User
Re: after the hearing and consultative exam..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pme View Post
I had my hearing in February, and the judge decided to send me to a consultative exam. I attended the exam May 20th and it was very thorough. Took about 2 hours in all. The problem is, the SSA is saying the doctor never sent them a report. So here I sit at a standstill. The judge won't make a decision without this information and the doctor has apparently flaked out. Either that or he sent the report and SSA lost it (this is entirely possible I think).

I just contacted my attorney's office to see if there's anything at all they can do to help with the situation. They are going to make some phone calls, but told me that I should have been approved without even having to go to a consultative exam.

This is so frustrating. Has anyone else ever had their CE doctor not send in the report after the exam?
I would personally contact the CE doctor to inquire. You should have the contact info. of at least the doctor's name in the letter SSA sent you when they scheduled the appointment. You can then easily google to obtain any further contact info. needed. I am sorry you are going thru this pme.

Last edited by BlueSkies14; 06-14-2011 at 10:29 AM.

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 06-14-2011, 11:33 AM   #3
pme pme is offline
Senior Member
(female)
 
pme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 273
pme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB User
Re: after the hearing and consultative exam..

BlueSkies14..yes I tried contacting the doctor at the number that was listed on the paperwork I received. All I get is a fast busy signal, like there is a problem with the phone line. I was able to find another number doing an internet search, but they said he is no longer with their office. It's like he did my exam and then dropped off the face of the earth. Just my luck!

 
Old 06-14-2011, 11:45 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 2,602
BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User
Re: after the hearing and consultative exam..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pme View Post
BlueSkies14..yes I tried contacting the doctor at the number that was listed on the paperwork I received. All I get is a fast busy signal, like there is a problem with the phone line. I was able to find another number doing an internet search, but they said he is no longer with their office. It's like he did my exam and then dropped off the face of the earth. Just my luck!
If they can't get this resolved or locate this doctor to have him resend the CE test results, they should simply schedule you for another CE ASAP if they can't make a final decision w/o it IMO. I know this would suck but how long are they going to wait on the CE stuff that might be lost forever or was possibly never even sent.

 
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueSkies14 For This Useful Post:
pme (06-14-2011)
Old 06-15-2011, 07:55 PM   #5
Registered User
(female)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: California
Posts: 1,777
mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User
Re: after the hearing and consultative exam..

I thought the whole purpose of a CE was to obtain more medical evidence to either support your claim or deny it .. This is very unprofessional of the Medical examiner not to send the paperwork to S.S . It is not your fault at all. Something went wrong badly. I would not be surprised if S.S sends u to anther CE DR. How frustrating !

 
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mscat40 For This Useful Post:
BlueSkies14 (06-16-2011), pme (06-15-2011)
Old 06-15-2011, 11:22 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)
 
sunni123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 342
sunni123 HB Usersunni123 HB Usersunni123 HB Usersunni123 HB Usersunni123 HB Usersunni123 HB Usersunni123 HB Usersunni123 HB Usersunni123 HB Usersunni123 HB Usersunni123 HB User
Re: after the hearing and consultative exam..

Hopefully your attorney can track him down, pme. One thing i've heard is people who do CEs often don't do it at their regular office, or they have to travel a distance and office space is reserved for them during that time, so the office you called may not be their regular office. Hope you get this resolved soon and not have to undergo another CE.

 
The Following User Says Thank You to sunni123 For This Useful Post:
pme (06-16-2011)
Old 06-16-2011, 02:38 PM   #7
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: dallas texas usa
Posts: 250
capatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB User
Re: after the hearing and consultative exam..

Sometimes the CE doctor don't actually do the eaxm where they practice, they often use other facilities to do these exams since they try to send you to one in the area where you live I know my CE doctor cames to this particular facility to do CE and workman's comp ,could be they work at a hospital :maybe

 
Old 06-18-2011, 04:51 AM   #8
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: dallas
Posts: 6
imholdingon HB User
Re: after the hearing and consultative exam..

****OMG! I am in the EXACT SAME situation & thank GOD you and I aren't in this alone. Please tell me what you are going to do. I am searching for the letter with the information to the doctor that is holding up the process and I will call his office FIRST thing Monday morning and inquire about what's going on. Hit me back if you hear any new details or have any ideas as to what to do. I feel like I am running out of AIR!

 
The following user gives a hug of support to imholdingon:
LadyVols (06-18-2011)
Old 06-18-2011, 05:08 AM   #9
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: dallas
Posts: 6
imholdingon HB User
Re: after the hearing and consultative exam..

*** BTW, my case and situation is IDENTICAL to yours PME but I believe I am ahead of you just a month but STILL NO DECISION or RECORD OR REPORTS have been submitted yet from the consultative exam they sent me to. SMH

 
Old 06-18-2011, 08:32 AM   #10
pme pme is offline
Senior Member
(female)
 
pme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 273
pme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB User
Re: after the hearing and consultative exam..

Quote:
Originally Posted by imholdingon View Post
*** BTW, my case and situation is IDENTICAL to yours PME but I believe I am ahead of you just a month but STILL NO DECISION or RECORD OR REPORTS have been submitted yet from the consultative exam they sent me to. SMH
A day or two after I started this topic, SSA said they finally received my doctors report from my CE. I had contacted my attorney to let them know what was going on, so I'm not sure if they did something or if the doctor just finally decided to send it in. They said they have forwarded it on to the judge so he can make his decision. Now I just have to wait some more...

Do you have an attorney you can complain to? He/she might be able to make some phone calls to find out what's going on. I hope it gets straightened out soon! Good luck!

 
Old 06-18-2011, 08:46 AM   #11
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: dallas
Posts: 6
imholdingon HB User
Re: after the hearing and consultative exam..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pme View Post
A day or two after I started this topic, SSA said they finally received my doctors report from my CE. I had contacted my attorney to let them know what was going on, so I'm not sure if they did something or if the doctor just finally decided to send it in. They said they have forwarded it on to the judge so he can make his decision. Now I just have to wait some more...

Do you have an attorney you can complain to? He/she might be able to make some phone calls to find out what's going on. I hope it gets straightened out soon! Good luck!
Yes I do have an attorney.
*** If I may ask, how did SSA contact you? Phone, mail or what? Keep me posted because AGAIN your case sounds IDENTICAL to mine! lol I have an appointment with my psychiatrist on MONDAY so just one more question. Are you currently going to your appointments in the meantime as well because from what my lawyer has previously said it will count and help.

Last edited by imholdingon; 06-18-2011 at 09:02 AM.

 
Old 06-18-2011, 12:17 PM   #12
pme pme is offline
Senior Member
(female)
 
pme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 273
pme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB User
Re: after the hearing and consultative exam..

Quote:
Originally Posted by imholdingon View Post
Yes I do have an attorney.
*** If I may ask, how did SSA contact you? Phone, mail or what? Keep me posted because AGAIN your case sounds IDENTICAL to mine! lol I have an appointment with my psychiatrist on MONDAY so just one more question. Are you currently going to your appointments in the meantime as well because from what my lawyer has previously said it will count and help.
They didn't contact me, I called them to ask if they had received the report yet. I didn't call the SSA 800 number, I called my local Disability Determination Services office.

I continue to go to all of my appointments. I see my psychiatrist every 6 weeks and therapist every 2 weeks. Keep on going to all of your appointments, definitely!

Have a good weekend

 
Old 06-20-2011, 11:08 AM   #13
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: dallas
Posts: 6
imholdingon HB User
Re: after the hearing and consultative exam..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pme View Post
They didn't contact me, I called them to ask if they had received the report yet. I didn't call the SSA 800 number, I called my local Disability Determination Services office.

I continue to go to all of my appointments. I see my psychiatrist every 6 weeks and therapist every 2 weeks. Keep on going to all of your appointments, definitely!

Have a good weekend
*** PME guess what?? I finally called DDS today around 8:00 am to see what was going on with my case. I was connected to my case workers line and left a message for her to call me back for the current status. Ten to fifteen minutes after I did that, I got a call from my lawyer's secretary saying that ANOTHER HEARING HAS BEEN SCHEDULED. (August 17th! Same place and judge as last time but at 4:00 pm. I'm glad to have heard something back but ALL THIS BACK & FORTH hearing process crap has gotten on my LAST nerves!!! I was told that the judge could make an OTR decision before or by then so a second hearing may not be necessary OR if I'm denied then it could be picked back up and reviewed again! (sigh) I am going to all of my appointments in the meantime but I hope results from the consultative exam can somehow waive this upcoming, repetitive HEARING!! I'm sure you'll hear something similiar soon. ANY NEW good NEWS?

Last edited by imholdingon; 06-20-2011 at 11:12 AM.

 
Old 06-20-2011, 11:38 AM   #14
pme pme is offline
Senior Member
(female)
 
pme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 273
pme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB User
Re: after the hearing and consultative exam..

Quote:
Originally Posted by imholdingon View Post
*** PME guess what?? I finally called DDS today around 8:00 am to see what was going on with my case. I was connected to my case workers line and left a message for her to call me back for the current status. Ten to fifteen minutes after I did that, I got a call from my lawyer's secretary saying that ANOTHER HEARING HAS BEEN SCHEDULED. (August 17th! Same place and judge as last time but at 4:00 pm. I'm glad to have heard something back but ALL THIS BACK & FORTH hearing process crap has gotten on my LAST nerves!!! I was told that the judge could make an OTR decision before or by then so a second hearing may not be necessary OR if I'm denied then it could be picked back up and reviewed again! (sigh) I am going to all of my appointments in the meantime but I hope results from the consultative exam can somehow waive this upcoming, repetitive HEARING!! I'm sure you'll hear something similiar soon. ANY NEW good NEWS?
I got a letter from the judge's office saying they have received additional evidence to enter into the record (my consultative exam report). It went on to say my attorney can request a supplemental hearing, but if they don't hear anything within 10 days, the judge will go ahead and make his decision. I contacted my attorney's office and they said they don't know yet whether they will request a supplemental hearing. I hope it won't be necessary, this has taken so long already!

I hope in your case the judge makes a favorable decision before your 2nd hearing! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope we both get a positive outcome in the near future. Keep me posted please!

 
Old 06-20-2011, 11:51 AM   #15
Inactive
(male)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 2,602
BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User
Re: after the hearing and consultative exam..

How common are these multiple hearings? Does anyone know? Wow, so many twists and turns on the path down the SSDI road. Hang in there pme and imholdingon. Hopefully, both you guys will hear some good news soon.

Last edited by BlueSkies14; 06-20-2011 at 11:59 AM.

 
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueSkies14 For This Useful Post:
pme (06-20-2011)
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Consultative Exam pme Disabilities 51 06-16-2011 09:58 PM
ssa requests Dr exam maebelle Disabilities 20 05-22-2011 04:46 AM
Process after denied @ALJ hearing Harmoney Disabilities 3 05-18-2011 06:31 PM
ALJ hearing August 18th, 2010. Still no word!!! tlwright Disabilities 216 02-05-2011 12:11 PM
Had a hearing and CE - Now what?? carsonsmommy03 Disabilities 3 11-01-2010 09:23 AM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



BlueSkies14 (605), mscat40 (414), SpineAZ (411), jgrangran (393), ferd144 (153), gayle428 (147), sunni123 (138), vann04 (103), Jacki345 (95), NElady (75)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1139), MSJayhawk (943), Apollo123 (860), janewhite1 (823), Titchou (774), Gabriel (743), ladybud (667), sammy64 (666), midwest1 (655), BlueSkies14 (610)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:32 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.com™
Copyright and Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!