It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
(female)

hawai HB User
SSD disability update report

Have been on SSD for 12 years .Hadn't heard from them for several years and then approx this time last year got paper to fill out.Sent them in was not to worried as my condition had gotten worse and had even had a recent hospilization for it.Didn't hear any more and then today got another one to fill out asked for recent dr visits and hospilizations in last two years and had a question I don't remember seeing before which was if I since 2009 to present had my dr and i discussed whether i can work, dr told me i cannot work or my dr told me i can work check the answer.
I'm just concerned because I just had to go through IME for private disability. I'm 51 now and Dr has said now and for the last 12 years I cannot work.
Are they just following people closer now?Many years usually go by and I don't hear from them.
Just what I don't need as I'm all ready stressed about the private disability.That Ime Dr told me I couldn't work but since they are known to lie I'm waiting to see if his report to insurance is same as what he told me and they are going to leave me alone again.

Old 06-19-2011, 10:00 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User
Re: SSD disability update report

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawai View Post
Have been on SSD for 12 years .Hadn't heard from them for several years and then approx this time last year got paper to fill out.Sent them in was not to worried as my condition had gotten worse and had even had a recent hospilization for it.Didn't hear any more and then today got another one to fill out asked for recent dr visits and hospilizations in last two years and had a question I don't remember seeing before which was if I since 2009 to present had my dr and i discussed whether i can work, dr told me i cannot work or my dr told me i can work check the answer.
I'm just concerned because I just had to go through IME for private disability. I'm 51 now and Dr has said now and for the last 12 years I cannot work.
Are they just following people closer now?Many years usually go by and I don't hear from them.
Just what I don't need as I'm all ready stressed about the private disability.That Ime Dr told me I couldn't work but since they are known to lie I'm waiting to see if his report to insurance is same as what he told me and they are going to leave me alone again.
What is the cause of your disability hawai? I am on LTD now for panic, GAD. and OCD but have not been approved for SSDI yet. Have you also been on LTD for 12 years or longer? What was the IME like? I personally think these things are biased in favor of the insurance companies altho they are said to be independent. How often does your LTD carrier bother you?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2011, 10:29 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

I just went back and read your 1st post. IC you have lupus. After you 1st got approved for SSDI, how many years went by before SSA contacted you? You said you have not heard from them in several years. How long has it been then since the last time you heard from them and what did they request from you during this last contact prior to this one? Hope everything blows over smoothly for you with both the LTD and the SSDI where you can just concentrate on your illness and try to feel better instead of having to worry about maintaining all the disability benefits stuff in addition to trying to keep your health condition in remission so to speak where you can still have some quality of life.

Old 06-19-2011, 02:40 PM   #4
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

I would try to get a copy of the Dr.'s notes , or anything that was sent back to social security. Just to make sure everything was right and their will not be any surprises. Most people will have a disability review at the latest every 7 yrs. if the condition is less likely to improve. Quicker if the condition has a chance of improving.
Most people do not lose their disability benefits. They have to improve significantly enough to go back to work enough to make a SGA.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:38 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

vann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscat40 View Post
I would try to get a copy of the Dr.'s notes , or anything that was sent back to social security. Just to make sure everything was right and their will not be any surprises. Most people will have a disability review at the latest every 7 yrs. if the condition is less likely to improve. Quicker if the condition has a chance of improving.
Most people do not lose their disability benefits. They have to improve significantly enough to go back to work enough to make a SGA.
I have herd that SSa received more funding to step up there cdr reviews if you have been on it for awhile and they just sent you the short form to fill out I would not worry to much about it and your age is a factor to you are over 50 and that helps a lot.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vann04 For This Useful Post:
hawai (06-19-2011), mscat40 (06-20-2011)
Old 06-20-2011, 03:22 PM   #6
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vann04 View Post
I have herd that SSa received more funding to step up there cdr reviews if you have been on it for awhile and they just sent you the short form to fill out I would not worry to much about it and your age is a factor to you are over 50 and that helps a lot.
Thank you, vann04. No I have not had a CDR yet. I have been on SSDI over three yrs now. I had called about a review and wa told that in March this yr i would have one. but that never happened. I am 42 . Nearly all my disabilites are mental health issues.

Old 06-20-2011, 03:47 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

vann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB User

Quote:
Thank you, vann04. No I have not had a CDR yet. I have been on SSDI over three yrs now. I had called about a review and wa told that in March this yr i would have one. but that never happened. I am 42 . Nearly all my disabilites are mental health issues.
ssa is so backed up that its going to take awhile ssa seems to target people under 50 and have mental problems i guess that if you have a physical problem your most likely not going to get better in my case my cdr is 7 years but i have been on ssdi since last October so my chances for a cdr are 0 because of my pad and there is no cure for it and I'm 56 now sew I'm not even worried about it but you never know

Old 06-20-2011, 06:14 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
I am mostly mental too like you mscat. That is good they have not bothered you in three years. You did something I would not do however. LOL I would never call them and ask about a review. >>>I am afraid they will have to contact me first. I believe in letting sleeping dogs lie. <LOL>

Old 06-20-2011, 06:38 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies14 View Post
I am mostly mental too like you mscat. That is good they have not bothered you in three years. You did something I would not do however. LOL I would never call them and ask about a review. >>>I am afraid they will have to contact me first. I believe in letting sleeping dogs lie. <LOL>
Me to I would not rock the boat, what they don't know won't hurt them

Old 06-21-2011, 06:50 AM   #10
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies14 View Post
I actually called for a different reason , and then asked about the CDR. I wanted to be prepared in case it happened I am thinking that maybe it still could happen because i recently filed for my son's SSI . He has been on my record since I have SSDI, but he's turning 18 in August.
Since i have opened up his claim I fear that S .S may look at when i first became disabled and send paperwork for a CDR. Even so , I am not too worried, that mental can really get out of control and alter ones life badly.
Employees don't want to hire somebody like that.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:09 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
I actually called for a different reason , and then asked about the CDR. I wanted to be prepared in case it happened I am thinking that maybe it still could happen because i recently filed for my son's SSI . He has been on my record since I have SSDI, but he's turning 18 in August.
Since i have opened up his claim I fear that S .S may look at when i first became disabled and send paperwork for a CDR. Even so , I am not too worried, that mental can really get out of control and alter ones life badly.
Employees don't want to hire somebody like that.
you are right when they look at your record it will tell them when you were approved and when you should have cdr and if it is past due I'm sure the people examining your sons claim will forward your file onto the people that do the cdrs but i would not worry if there is no improvement in your condition then you stay on ssdi remember its up to them this time to see if you can go back to work .

Closed Thread