It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2011, 11:28 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Harmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB User
Cases on the internet

I just found some cases on the internet under my judge's name. I was surprised to find these. In each of them the case was remanded back to her but it doesn't say the outcome of the case. It has a section to click on to actually buy the case. I would like to know the outcome of the cases.

I don't want my case posted on the internet, regardless if I win or lose. This scares me to find these. Is there anyway to make sure a case doesn't get posted on the internet? This is a private issue I don't care for people to view that may know me. I'm glad to see it isn't unusual at all to have cases remanded back to this judge, evidently she turns down plenty. My lawyer did warn me she's one of the worst of the bunch for denials. I could see in several of the cases she did the same to them as she did to me. I also saw that when a person gets a 45 in the RFC they are really disabled. I got a 45, yet she denied me too.

I also found the site again that shows the ALJ data on how many cases they award fully favorable. I found it under ALJ disposition data, and I found another site under Social security disability awards.

Old 08-12-2011, 03:18 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User
Re: Cases on the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmoney View Post
I just found some cases on the internet under my judge's name. I was surprised to find these. In each of them the case was remanded back to her but it doesn't say the outcome of the case. It has a section to click on to actually buy the case. I would like to know the outcome of the cases.

I don't want my case posted on the internet, regardless if I win or lose. This scares me to find these. Is there anyway to make sure a case doesn't get posted on the internet? This is a private issue I don't care for people to view that may know me. I'm glad to see it isn't unusual at all to have cases remanded back to this judge, evidently she turns down plenty. My lawyer did warn me she's one of the worst of the bunch for denials. I could see in several of the cases she did the same to them as she did to me. I also saw that when a person gets a 45 in the RFC they are really disabled. I got a 45, yet she denied me too.

I also found the site again that shows the ALJ data on how many cases they award fully favorable. I found it under ALJ disposition data, and I found another site under Social security disability awards.
Be careful Harmoney. The internet can be like the wild, wild west. I would not buy anything like this. It sounds like a scam to me. I don't see how they can post a claimants confidential info. and make it publicly available for a price. Surely, they don't mention ppl's names if they are selling this info. This would open up a can of legal worms for the person selling the info. There is a site on the net that shows the ALJ Award Rates and Wait Times with the names of the various ALJ's in each state. That was why I ask you did you know the ALJ's name? I was going to look her up. This info is freely, publicly available but beware of anyone offering to sell you additional info. for a fee.

Last edited by BlueSkies14; 08-12-2011 at 03:38 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2011, 04:38 AM   #3
(female)

nicki447 HB Usernicki447 HB Usernicki447 HB User

Any case that goes to trial is public record and more often than not that ends up on the Internet. Search "whomever vs. Astrue" and you'll see what I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies14 View Post
Be careful Harmoney. The internet can be like the wild, wild west. I would not buy anything like this. It sounds like a scam to me. I don't see how they can post a claimants confidential info. and make it publicly available for a price. Surely, they don't mention ppl's names if they are selling this info. This would open up a can of legal worms for the person selling the info. There is a site on the net that shows the ALJ Award Rates and Wait Times with the names of the various ALJ's in each state. That was why I ask you did you know the ALJ's name? I was going to look her up. This info is freely, publicly available but beware of anyone offering to sell you additional info. for a fee.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:48 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Harmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB User

They are on there without paying a fee. The paying the fee is just another button to push if someone wants the entire case. The internet is already showing at least 4 or 5 pages for free.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:56 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

I already looked up my ALJ judge and the wait times. She turns down a high percentage of people. I saw a lot of her cases on the internet. I put in one of my friend's names vs. Astrue & read that. I think it's terrible how they have all of the cases on there for many reasons. If someone ends up never winning & tries to go back to work they will never get hired now by any employer. This is such personal information given out to anyone & everyone.

Old 08-12-2011, 06:35 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishi View Post
Any case that goes to trial is public record and more often than not that ends up on the Internet. Search "whomever vs. Astrue" and you'll see what I mean.
Wow Wishi, thanks. I did not know this. That is horrible that anyone can have access to this stuff. I hope Allsup can get me approved OTR. Even tho this same stuff might have been available to anyone in the past, it was a lot more difficult to get your hands on it. Now in this new information age, it is available to anyone at the touch of a few keystrokes. Scary!

Last edited by BlueSkies14; 08-12-2011 at 06:54 AM.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:09 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Jacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB User

Wouldn't the HIPPA laws in some way protect a claimant since this has to do with medical issues?

Old 08-12-2011, 07:20 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

You would think so, but obviously it doesn't. It is incredible the personal things I've read in these people's files. I don't want mine on there, as I can't imagine anyone else does. This should be disclosed to people filing claims. Had I known this I might have considered never filing. This could hurt my entire family, not just me. My family is who I'm most concerned about.

Old 08-12-2011, 08:33 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Jacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB User

I'm not thrilled about my biz being 'out there' at all. But I need my SSDI & my family & friends support me. If they feel the need, they can say what they want to those who snoop around on the internet doing background checks on their friends or neighbors. They can say it isn't the same person for all I care. But of anyone I know, they aren't ashamed about my SSDI. Why should they?

But to reconsider filing for SSDI? Hell no! And I can't imagine anyone who would....

UNLESS under the scenario, that one was trying to pull a fast one and really was not disabled at all. Only then should one think about reconsidering their SSDI application, --since then all those family members/friends who are snooping around about them and know they are lying & could call SSA & share their inside info.

Last edited by Jacki345; 08-12-2011 at 08:35 AM.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:07 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

I don't like my business out there for all to see, it certainly isn't because I have a fraudulent case. People's personal medical history is being displayed, and it is displayed even if they lose their case. So then they can't ever get a job if they are forced to work even still obviously being disabled. This also will prevent people from obtaining private medical insurance & that isn't fair either. The system is brutal enough as it is, but to go to this degree is a bit more than I can take. Other pieces of information are not real easy to get with people, not without a lot of work and effort. To be able to click on a person's name & read about all their personal problems shouldn't be allowed. It should be disclosed to people because I bet most never even thought for a moment about this.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:39 AM   #11
(female)

pme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB User

This is really concerning to me. My disabilities are psychological in nature, and to think that my mental health issues would be spelled out in detail on the internet is scary. That gives me something to think about if the ALJ doesn't approve me. I don't think I would appeal further just for this reason alone.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:42 AM   #12
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacki345 View Post
Wouldn't the HIPPA laws in some way protect a claimant since this has to do with medical issues?
Yeah, you'd think so Jacki. Just the thought that anyone could look you up to see if you are receiving disability or applied but denied (for whatever reason) is really scary.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:13 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

gayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB User

I could not find anything about my previous cases, or my hearing. Maybe I am looking in the wrong places.

All I found was my upcoming Federal Court date and it only says that I have filed.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:19 AM   #14
Inactive
(female)

Now I'm close to wishing I hadn't bothered appealing. I was pleased to see many people getting their cases remanded back to the judge they had before, even though I was told this rarely is done. It looks like it goes on all the time. The cases I saw that were remanded back to the judge don't include the outcome of the case. I guess I'd have to pay $4.95 to get it. I don't want to bother with that, but I can't get over how they post EVERYTHING, many things that are TMI (Too much information) Very, very personal things considering one's health and mental problems. Yet, other things are impossible to get a hold of due to laws prohibiting it. My god, I'm surprised it doesn't tell about people's underwear drawers. It's at the point of being RIDICULOUS. These disability cases are very serious, and I believe the majority of people are not faking it, far from it.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:53 AM   #15
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pme View Post
This is really concerning to me. My disabilities are psychological in nature, and to think that my mental health issues would be spelled out in detail on the internet is scary. That gives me something to think about if the ALJ doesn't approve me. I don't think I would appeal further just for this reason alone.
Yeah, I am psychological too PME. I only have a close circle of friends who know about my condition and current situation. I'd like to keep it like that if I could. They probably can't give any details when it comes to medical I would think. They would be in clear violation as Jacki said.

Closed Thread