It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2011, 01:53 PM   #1
(female)

sickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB User
Vsu

I've been sick with an abcessed tooth for the past few days, so I haven't been paying attention to the date or even worrying about getting my confirmation letter for VSU BUT I got a shock in the mail just now...

My case was transferred to the VSU here in Tampa on Aug 13th and says a review will be done by a Virtual Screening unit senior attorney.

I'm just so nervous now waiting...I'll keep everyone posted as I can.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2011, 02:27 PM   #2
(female)

edrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB User
Re: Vsu

i wasnt going to say anything until i recieved my approval letter in mail but i saw your post .my case was sent to vsu in june and i called them today they said i was approved (fully).the lady told me last week to make sure all medical records are updated from all dr.that i was seeing at this time.so my attorney sent letters to them and he recieved all updated records .the lady at vsu said they have a very small window of time to get info in,and that the process is very quick.i hope you can use this info also good luck and i will let you know when i recieve my approval letter.the lady at vsu said i should get this week.i feel like im in a dream.

The following user gives a hug of support to edrivera61:
sickandtired99 (08-16-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to edrivera61 For This Useful Post:
sickandtired99 (08-16-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2011, 03:36 PM   #3
(female)

sickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by edrivera61 View Post
i wasnt going to say anything until i recieved my approval letter in mail but i saw your post .my case was sent to vsu in june and i called them today they said i was approved (fully).the lady told me last week to make sure all medical records are updated from all dr.that i was seeing at this time.so my attorney sent letters to them and he recieved all updated records .the lady at vsu said they have a very small window of time to get info in,and that the process is very quick.i hope you can use this info also good luck and i will let you know when i recieve my approval letter.the lady at vsu said i should get this week.i feel like im in a dream.
does that happy dance for you! yay congratulations =) that's wonderful news.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:33 AM   #4
(female)

my letter said I have a limited time to send in added information if I have it and I've been reading sometimes attny's won't send in information in time or they don't want to so the case drags out longer so they get more $$$ so my nerves are getting the better of me again and I'm a worrywart

I got ansty and sent in my extra medical files myself straight to the VSU number they gave me...like the ones that I haven't sent to my attny (ER visit and new dr) would that matter then if my attny sends it in also?

Last edited by sickandtired99; 08-17-2011 at 04:33 AM.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:52 AM   #5
(female)

edrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB User

imo i would send whatever i had and let the attorney send it again it sure wont hurt and to tell you the truth i talked with vsu every week i know my attorney would not approve it but i did it any way.they were very polite and answered all my questions.the lady told me the cases are there to be approved they are like otr descions.they feel your case has enough reason to give a approval without going to a hearing.she even took some info from me about my condition and sent to the senior attorney please if need anything else let me know your heading the right direction keep me posted i will do same

The Following User Says Thank You to edrivera61 For This Useful Post:
sickandtired99 (08-17-2011)
Old 08-17-2011, 07:01 AM   #6
(female)

thanks for answering that; I just want to make sure I get every chance I can to give them the info they need as quick as possible and my ER visit and EP dr says even though they've done everything medically for me they can; I continue to faint and hurt myself.

[crossing my fingers and toes] this gets approved quickly even if I don't get backpay for awhile that's ok; just having an approval will help my mental/emotional state some

Old 08-17-2011, 07:21 AM   #7
(female)

i understand just the approval is a relief its been almost 2 yrs for me to.the lady at vsu also told me to call the attorney to make sure he has all updated medical records and i did that to and i called the dr to make sure they recieved the request from my attorney for my updated records its a shame we have to be behind them but you do what you have to do.vsu recieved my case on 6/28/2011,recieved all updated medical records by 7/25/2011,verbal approval for 8/12/2011.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:59 AM   #8
(female)

that's pretty quick getting an approval; hopefully mine gets through that quickly also - did they say when to expect your DD or back pay?

Old 08-17-2011, 11:14 AM   #9
(female)

yea its hard to believe but its true,and i hope yours go quick to ill say a prayer.matter of fact i had to call a 800# to give them my banking info and she confirmed i was fully favorable she also said its was getting caculated.they also said my onset date is sept/2009 and they hold 5 or 6 months i dont remember what she said.she said they will pay me from feb/2010

Closed Thread