It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2011, 09:42 AM   #1
(female)

sickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB User
Job titles

I found another thread interesting with job titles that SSA says certain individuals can do. Is there another thread already with this info in it?(please delete this if the topic is a repeat) Sorry if I missed it but I thought this would be an interesting topic...

so how about it? What job titles have you been told would be an option for you?

Old 08-18-2011, 09:55 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
Re: Job titles

The Voc person is getting titles from the DOT, Dictionary of Occupational Titles. The Voc person takes your limitations and then searches for a job for which you would qualify and be able to do the work based on how it is explained in the DOT.

The DOT is somewhat vague though. For example, I was an Account Manager in insurance and this is viewed as sedentary and SS doesn't understand why I can't do it, but Account Managers range from sedentary in -office to positions like mine where I was flying all over Arizona, New Mexico, south Texas and south Nevada, sometimes all in the same week! So the titles are very generic

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2011, 10:16 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

gayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB User

In my very first denial, on my first case, I was told I could be a DJ.

Old 08-18-2011, 11:56 AM   #4
(female)

sickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB User

I've done office work the majority of my career but that means different things in different companies.

Real Estate I was the office manager/secretary; which was very different than being office manager/secretary of the swimming pool and repair business but they tried to lump both jobs as nothing more than answering the phones.

RE was completely different than the pool business; for instance I did inventory for RE - check for paper, pens, calendars, folders etc, I did that also for the pool business but I also had to drive to a hot stuffy warehouse and spend a day there going through chemicals and parts. I would pull 100lb tab buckets and salt bags or heavy motor parts for customers; no way are the 2 comparable

now I'm lucky to pick up my coffee cup if it's too full or get dressed alone...

Closed Thread