It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2011, 11:02 AM   #1
(male)

bfr1133 HB User
something strange just happened

I had my hearing on june9th the record was held open for 30 days for further medical records i found out the judge made a decision and it was sent to the decision writers on july 25th i have made several calls to odar and ss and no one would tell me that it was either approved or denied they said i would have to wait it out, i even went to the office where i applied and they wouldnt say anything either, well i brought my girls back to college and there was a office close to school knowing that if i was approved there would be back benefits that one of my daughters would be eligiable for so i walked in that office to inquire as to what i needed to do, the person behind the desk was very nice i explained to him what i was looking for he saw i had the hearing and that it was still at the writers he said he could not do anything till the decision was released and that it was approved i said what? he said again it was approved and he suggested that i go to where i applied and speak to a manager because it could take up to 60 days to get paid and that would not start till it was released, i called my attorney and he said thats great news and that he would call and see what he could do. I still cant believe it and probably wont till i get the official letter my brain is still spinning did i hear him right he said it twice oh well i guess we still have to wait for official notice

The following user gives a hug of support to bfr1133:
jgrangran (08-19-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2011, 12:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User
Re: something strange just happened

bfr1133, CONGRATS to you Yea. At least the hard part is over the not knowing is so draining. But did you get the name of the person that told you that you were approved I'm really surpised they told you. do they have your direct deposit infromation it goes quicker that way. Again congrats to you. please keep us updated and maybe if you can give a timeline first first applied to today are approval it helps those that are in the process Isure hope this continues to be good news for all that have applied.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2011, 02:55 PM   #3
(male)

bfr1133 HB User

well j have to apologize my attorney gad lots of questions so i went back and spoke to the person again he thought i said i was approved verbally from the judge which is not the case, he also said that there is no way for him to see the decision until the judge signs off on it and itt is uploaded into the main computer sorry to all still on a string.

Old 08-19-2011, 06:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

bfr1133, Man on man I'm so sorry, But maybe its still an approval cause like that guy knows he isn't allowed to say it. but hopefully it is an approval please keep us updated. sorry I mean its so cruel to have your hopes dashed like that but maybe it will be an approval I keep my fingers crossed for you

Old 08-19-2011, 07:09 PM   #5
(female)

elocin0482 HB Userelocin0482 HB Userelocin0482 HB Userelocin0482 HB User

keeping fingers crossed as well bfr1133. You are a member of another forum I am on, I read this earlier from you on there. Keep thinking good thoughts!!!

Closed Thread