HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Disabilities (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/disabilities/)
-   -   letter today (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/disabilities/865019-letter-today.html)

edrivera61 08-19-2011 02:02 PM

letter today

i just wanted everyone to know i just recieved my "fully favorable" letter in the mail.dont understand alot of it except "fully favorable".and some of why they came up to the descion.:wave:

mscat40 08-19-2011 02:08 PM

Re: letter today

I am very happy for you ! That is great, congradulations. When you have your appointment to go down the social security office bring the letter with you so they can help explain what it all means. I knw the letter can be very confusing.

pme 08-19-2011 03:26 PM

That's great! Must be a big relief to see it!!

jgrangran 08-19-2011 05:24 PM

Congrats again :):):):)

elocin0482 08-19-2011 06:06 PM

Congrats I did this silly happy dance when I got mine my husband was like OMG. lol

Jacki345 08-20-2011 07:23 AM

Congrats to YOU!

I know you feel much better having that weight/wait (pun intended) lifted off your shoulders.

BlueSkies14 08-20-2011 09:10 AM

[QUOTE=edrivera61;4825946]i just wanted everyone to know i just recieved my "fully favorable" letter in the mail.dont understand alot of it except "fully favorable".and some of why they came up to the descion.:wave:[/QUOTE]This is fantastic news edrivera61. Congrats! They gave me a 3 year CDR. What was yours?

edrivera61 08-20-2011 12:27 PM

where do find that info at.its not in my letter i recieved.the letter i got was from ssa odar in buffalo ny.it isnt my award letter.

jgrangran 08-20-2011 01:49 PM

I found mine on the back of the award letter sub titled things to remmber for the furture it said something like all ssa cases are reviewed and base on what the medical dr say are something like that I would be reviewed in 5 to 7 years on the ssa web site are I think it was that pamlet they sent I found 5 to 7 years meant no improvement likely . I hope that helps you find where your is. 6 to 18 months is improvement likely,and review in three years is improvement possible.:) again congrats to you:)

sunni123 08-21-2011 12:32 PM

Congrats!! That's great news!! :)

msgenerallee 08-21-2011 05:55 PM

congrats !!

SpineAZ 08-22-2011 04:39 PM

CDR is not on every letter. It's unfortunately inconsistent. The approval letter should be retained as it should contain your disability onset date, payment onset date, and if you are due back benefits of more than 24 months info regarding medicare eligibility.

BlueSkies14 08-22-2011 05:53 PM

[QUOTE=jgrangran;4826470]I found mine on the back of the award letter sub titled things to remmber for the furture it said something like all ssa cases are reviewed and base on what the medical dr say are something like that I would be reviewed in 5 to 7 years on the ssa web site are I think it was that pamlet they sent I found 5 to 7 years meant no improvement likely . I hope that helps you find where your is. 6 to 18 months is improvement likely,and review in three years is improvement possible.:) again congrats to you:)[/QUOTE]True jgrangran. I was given a disability rating of MIP (medical improvement possible) and a 3 year recommended CDR by the judge. It was on the last page of the approval letter right before the judge's signature. Here is exactly what she wrote.

[QUOTE]Because I anticipate medical improvement with appropriate treatment, I recommend a CDR (continuing disability review) in 36 months.[/QUOTE]

mscat40 08-23-2011 06:35 PM

[QUOTE=BlueSkies14;4827944]True jgrangran. I was given a disability rating of MIP (medical improvement possible) and a 3 year recommended CDR by the judge. It was on the last page of the approval letter right before the judge's signature. Here is exactly what she wrote.[/QUOTE]

Blueskies , Even though it said that does not mean they will review your claim in three years. I also had the same reccomendation and never was reviewed at the 3 year mark. It has now been over 4 years and nothing. I am guessing that it will happen at the 5 year mark.

BrownEyes781 08-24-2011 12:57 AM

Great news, weight lifted, breathe again.... Congratulations ma'am!!!