It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2011, 06:35 AM   #1
(female)

SerenityBlue71 HB User
Concerned....

Hi...I'm new..

I have been seeing a neurologist, general practice doctor,and chiropractor for 5 yrs and a Therapist for 4 months. At least until last October when I lost my insurance. I have had a Level 3 Cervical Fusion (June 2010) and now suffer from Cervical Radiculitis as well as...Cervical Disc Herniation....Lumbosacral Radiculitis, Aquired Spondylolisthesis (grade 3), PTSD, General Anxiety Disorder,Depression and Panic Attacks.I applied for SSD and SSI in Jan 2011 and have a ALJ Hearing on Oct 28, 2011. I had never been to a therapist until April 2011.Up til then I was able to deal with my depression (I was kidnapped, tied up and raped me for 3 days...while I was pregnant) The man who done this was later arrested for those charges and the molestation of his grandaughter. (He was released on parole in April and must wear a gps band for the duration of his life)

My depression and PTSD and Anxiety Attacks are unbearable. My question is......since I've just been diagnosed with these conditions in late April will it affect my case? I have no income....I'm afraid of my own shadow...my mother has moved in to care for me and I feel guilty and hopeless all the time....any answers would be a big help.....and Thanks in advance.

The following 4 users give hugs of support to: SerenityBlue71
BlueSkies14 (08-24-2011), Jacki345 (08-24-2011), mscat40 (08-24-2011), sunni123 (08-24-2011)
Old 08-24-2011, 09:31 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User
Re: Concerned....

I am sorry about all the really bad stuff that has happened to you SerenityBlue71. ((((Hugs))))) I just got approved for panic, GAD, and mild to moderate depression. You have these same things also plus a lot of physical things going on with your back that I don't have. I think you have a very good chance @ getting disability. Do you qualify for SSDI or are you applying for SSI? Try to keep seeing all your docs, esp the therapist and GP where they can document everything. Medical records are critical. You may or may not continue to see the neurologist regularly as he may eventually turn over your care to your GP after he has done all he can do. That is why I say keep seeing the GP and the therapist where things can be documented.

The Following User Says Thank You to BlueSkies14 For This Useful Post:
SerenityBlue71 (08-24-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2011, 02:06 PM   #3
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityBlue71 View Post
Hi...I'm new..

I have been seeing a neurologist, general practice doctor,and chiropractor for 5 yrs and a Therapist for 4 months. At least until last October when I lost my insurance. I have had a Level 3 Cervical Fusion (June 2010) and now suffer from Cervical Radiculitis as well as...Cervical Disc Herniation....Lumbosacral Radiculitis, Aquired Spondylolisthesis (grade 3), PTSD, General Anxiety Disorder,Depression and Panic Attacks.I applied for SSD and SSI in Jan 2011 and have a ALJ Hearing on Oct 28, 2011. I had never been to a therapist until April 2011.Up til then I was able to deal with my depression (I was kidnapped, tied up and raped me for 3 days...while I was pregnant) The man who done this was later arrested for those charges and the molestation of his grandaughter. (He was released on parole in April and must wear a gps band for the duration of his life)

My depression and PTSD and Anxiety Attacks are unbearable. My question is......since I've just been diagnosed with these conditions in late April will it affect my case? I have no income....I'm afraid of my own shadow...my mother has moved in to care for me and I feel guilty and hopeless all the time....any answers would be a big help.....and Thanks in advance.
i am very sorry about what has happened to you. it is very good that you are recieving therapy now. The mental health conditions have recently been diagnosed which for social security they look at the duration of illness. It means that the conditions have to last at least a year or expected to last a year or longer. Whoever is treating you will play an important factor. If the therapist writes down that your conditions are serious and is going to last at least a year or longer despite treatment and or mendications then this will count as part of your disabilites. You have been traumatised badly , and the PTSD is a big one. That can be very debilitating , and when social security has your records they will see that. Plus you have physical limitations. Your claim is already going to the judges level which menas you have been denied twice, most people are , so you have a lot better chance of approval. As long as your treating Dr's agree that cannot work a substaniel gainful activity you will be approved.

The Following User Says Thank You to mscat40 For This Useful Post:
SerenityBlue71 (08-28-2011)
Old 08-24-2011, 02:20 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

Make sure SS and your attorney know information on each and every disabling condition. Provide your attorney a list of all the providers you see with full contact information and diagnosis for which they are treating you along with list of medications from each doctor.

The following user gives a hug of support to SpineAZ:
SerenityBlue71 (08-28-2011)
Closed Thread