HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Disabilities (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/disabilities/)
-   -   35 days and counting!!!!!! (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/disabilities/866463-35-days-counting.html)

bfr1133 08-29-2011 07:37 AM

35 days and counting!!!!!!

My decision is at the decision writers office for 35 days now, you would think they where writing the declaration of independance, does any one know if your attorney can call the writers offfice to verify that they in fact have the decision and get some kind of answer as to how long we can expect to wait . good luck to all.

jgrangran 08-29-2011 09:28 AM

Re: 35 days and counting!!!!!!

Your so funny hang in there at least part of your jouney with ssa is almost over. I hope its favorable. Keep that sense of humor:):angel:

pme 08-29-2011 02:14 PM

How frustrating. You would think once a decision is made, it would be written up within a couple of weeks and mailed out. But then again, nothing in this process makes a whole lot of sense. Try to hang in there, and I will keep my fingers crossed for you ;)

mscat40 08-29-2011 02:58 PM

That is a long tme to wait :eek: Could you call your attorney and see if he will call? Seems like nothing about this process is ever fast , things run at a snails pace. I hope it will be a approval for you ! The wait time is the most difficult.

gayle428 08-30-2011 08:30 AM

Waiting is SO hard! I hope you get good news, and get it soon.

Jacki345 08-30-2011 01:57 PM

[QUOTE=bfr1133;4831981]My decision is at the decision writers office for 35 days now, you would think they where writing the declaration of independance, does any one know if your attorney can call the writers offfice to verify that they in fact have the decision and get some kind of answer as to how long we can expect to wait . good luck to all.[/QUOTE]

:wave: Hiya bfr,
One thing you may want to try: Since you will want direct deposit, you could call SSA and let them have your bank acct info... At this point they may tell you what they see -or could let it slip accidentally, without you even asking. You assume you know & you let them assume you know you've been approved and just keep [B]listening[/B] - all the while you are just providing the bank info for direct deposit. If you have already provided it, then just say you forgot or you wanted to be sure they have the info accurate.

Just a thought

ferd144 08-31-2011 09:36 AM

[QUOTE=bfr1133;4831981]My decision is at the decision writers office for 35 days now, you would think they where writing the declaration of independance, does any one know if your attorney can call the writers offfice to verify that they in fact have the decision and get some kind of answer as to how long we can expect to wait . good luck to all.[/QUOTE]

35 days ???

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeze!!

There are some folks waiting many MONTHS/YEARS!

jgrangran 08-31-2011 09:55 AM

:)Thats true but weather your waiting 35 days are 3 years its still horrible no matter what.I pray for all that wait that they get an approval:):angel:

bfr1133 08-31-2011 02:54 PM

ferd i waited over two years for an alj hearing that took place on june 9th its three months since then he made his decision on july 25th i think i paid my dues in the waiting column!!!!!!!!!

msgenerallee 08-31-2011 04:00 PM

get your senator involved, that is the fastest way to get the decision in your hands..
my first claim hearing was signed by the judge on sept 2 2008, and i did not get a copy of that until early feb 2009, which was way past the 60 days to file an appeal with ac.. but the atty was able to prove that neither of us got the decision in hand until feb 2009....

BlueSkies14 09-01-2011 06:36 AM

[QUOTE=jgrangran;4832054]Your so funny hang in there at least part of your jouney with ssa is almost over. I hope its favorable. Keep that sense of humor:):angel:[/QUOTE]Ditto to what jgrangran said. Good to see that you have kept a sense of humor thru all this. I hope you receive a fully favorable decision soon. Hang in there friend. :)

ferd144 09-01-2011 09:13 AM

[QUOTE=bfr1133;4833845]ferd i waited over two years for an alj hearing that took place on june 9th its three months since then he made his decision on july 25th i think i paid my dues in the waiting column!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Yes you certainly did!

It was a 3+ year torturous waiting game for me(from start to finish),and I am sure MANY others

GL;)