It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2011, 05:31 AM   #1
(male)

mbr HB Usermbr HB User
virtual scrn unit

Just got my notice, have to go back to doctors to fill out forms.
HOW LONG DO THEY GIVE YOU TO SUBMIT NEW MEDICAL FORMS?
FROM WHAT I UNDER STAND IF THEY REVIEW YOUR CASE IT MEANS GOOD NEWS,AS THEY FIND THEIR IS GOOD REASON TO BELIVE YOU WILL BE APPROVED IF YOU GO BEFORE JUDGE. SO IS THIS A REASON TO BE HAPPY?

Last edited by mbr; 08-30-2011 at 05:40 AM. Reason: ADDING TO IT

Old 08-30-2011, 06:48 AM   #2
(female)

edrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB User
Re: virtual scrn unit

they put my case in vsu on june 28,2011,and was approved on aug 12,2011.the vsu told me there is a small window of time so try not to delay on getting your paperwork in and call them at least i did,they say it moves very quick.my case was in virgina.and i have alot of cervical ,lumbar,problems.and they say cases that come there are to be approved but i think the files have to be updated so please try to do this as soon as possible and good luck!!! keep us posted

The Following User Says Thank You to edrivera61 For This Useful Post:
mbr (08-30-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2011, 06:49 AM   #3
(female)

sickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbr View Post
Just got my notice, have to go back to doctors to fill out forms.
HOW LONG DO THEY GIVE YOU TO SUBMIT NEW MEDICAL FORMS?
FROM WHAT I UNDER STAND IF THEY REVIEW YOUR CASE IT MEANS GOOD NEWS,AS THEY FIND THEIR IS GOOD REASON TO BELIVE YOU WILL BE APPROVED IF YOU GO BEFORE JUDGE. SO IS THIS A REASON TO BE HAPPY?
I've seen others post they go into the VSU also and that this is a good thing because it means your claim may get approved through the VSU and not go to a judge.

I was surprised when mine went to VSU on August 13th but I'm still waiting on a decision and no word yet...was told it could be 30-45 days if it gets approved, if not they just kick it back to the ALJ.

good luck =)

The Following User Says Thank You to sickandtired99 For This Useful Post:
mbr (08-30-2011)
Old 08-30-2011, 07:01 AM   #4
(male)

mbr HB Usermbr HB User

I can`t get doctor appt. For two weeks. Will this be fast enough. I had cervical fusion , two differant operations, i`m on so many anti depression meds, pain pills. Been going on for 5 years. My case is going to falls church,va

Old 08-30-2011, 07:15 AM   #5
(female)

sickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB User

I had quite a few pages of new information I sent in since I had been to the ER and a few new doctors. I sent it to my attny with a letter and then to the number they said fax any new information to just in case there was a delay with my attny's office getting the paperwork to the VSU; I didn't want to take any chances.

I'm not sure what forms you have to fill out? are they forms you didn't have before and just now having the dr fill out maybe RFC forms? If it were me, I would try and get an appt asap if there's any information/forms the dr's need to fill out - it may help you win your case in the VSU.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:29 AM   #6
(female)

edrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB Useredrivera61 HB User

get all your updated paperwork to your attorney so he can sed it to them and make copies for yourself and send the vsu a copy.to me it doesnt matter if they get extra copies .my case was sent there on june 28,2011 and they recieved all my updated info by july25,2011.and approved on aug 12,2011.i called every week sometimes 2 times aweek.i know my attorney wouldnt approve of it but you do what you have to do.its your life.the lady i spoke with at vsu was very kind and answered any question i needed to know.she gave me her direct line she is in falls branch va.if you would like it let me know.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:53 AM   #7
(male)

mbr HB Usermbr HB User

The forme are the standard forms,about your can do and can not do. The mental doctor was given the forms last march,but did`t do them. My neuro doc will fill them out when i see him on the 9th. They both will stste that if i found work that i might show up one day and need two or three days off,as i have neck problems with movement. I can lift up to 20lbs but not on a steady beat. My mental doc. Says my anzioty and memory would make it impossible for me to take orders and rememder them, i would not get along with other people. All my meds. I take make me a zombie.
Just think before i got hurt at work i did`t see a doctor for 6 years , took know meds, and had a life. Boy things can change in a flash. I still have a hard time dealing with the constant pain every day. Now i can hardly take care of my self.
Workmens comp is such a pain to deal with, what they offer should be a crime i would just like to have a life again. Sorry for telling you about all of this

Old 08-30-2011, 08:03 AM   #8
(male)

mbr HB Usermbr HB User

Hold on to it, ihave a hard time remenbering where i put things, i write them down and can`t remember where. But i will get it from you when i go to the doctors. I`m going to take your advise and send them in my self, just to be sure

Old 08-30-2011, 08:24 AM   #9
(female)

I know what you mean...one day I was a healthy and young 42 yr old who didn't let anything stop me; then one day I could barely sit up, think for myself, do much of anything really.

I went in for what was a seemingly quick and easy procedure to get rid of extra heartbeats and try to see what was causing me to faint since I was 9.

My heart stopped 3 times, I suffered mild brain damage, nerve damage throughout my body and had to have a pacemaker/defibrillator implanted that has had nothing but problems since...they think being defibbed 3 times hurt my spine and caused problems in the discs that I only had in my lumbar section previously.

My body over the past few years has progressively worsened; not to mention putting me into a deep deprssed state and I developed PTSD and severe panic disorder with agoraphobia. It seems like each day something new hurts, goes numb or just plain doesn't work

I make lists for everything in a spiral bound notebook; front is dates/times with symptoms middle is dr's appts and the back is notes I need to remember and things dr's tell me. I can be very bright at point and seem like nothing is wrong, then a few hours later or the next day I can't even remember my children's birthdays or what day it is.

I know it's frustrating, but hang in there and keep your chin up

Old 08-30-2011, 09:18 AM   #10
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbr View Post
Hold on to it, ihave a hard time remenbering where i put things, i write them down and can`t remember where. But i will get it from you when i go to the doctors. I`m going to take your advise and send them in my self, just to be sure
try not to worry ill be here when you need the number. im glad you are going to send them to it wont hurt. keep us posted if you need anything else we are here.

The following user gives a hug of support to edrivera61:
mbr (08-30-2011)
Old 08-30-2011, 01:38 PM   #11
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

I hope everything works out well for you. It looks like you are very close to getting a approval. hoping it will not take too long for you to hear a decision.

The Following User Says Thank You to mscat40 For This Useful Post:
mbr (08-30-2011)
Old 08-30-2011, 03:47 PM   #12
(male)

mbr HB Usermbr HB User

Thanks, i pray so . I first applyed in january 2011, turned down twice in 60 days. With my medical records all in x rays, mri`s,cat scans,plus mental problems i thought for sure i would get approved. They said after my 2 neck operations i was good as new. Not what the doctors said. Between my neuro, and mental doctors i have gone to them 4-5 times a monthfor 5 years.my medical files look like a library collection. I don`t have any heath insurance
nobody will take me. I just want some closure.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:35 PM   #13
(female)

keep your faith i had 2 neck operations also one was a laminectomy in the back of neck,the second from the front and fused multi-levels,and was paralyed tempory on left side,and then the rotator cuff tore,and ligaments ripped off my left shoulder so i had to get that repaired,after my feeling came back,but before that i was dx with cancer in sept 2009 the same day i heard of my neck surgery when i came home from nuerosurgeon call on answer machine call gyn asap my whole life has never been the same anxiety depression 3 surgies within 9 months so hold on prayers do get answered

The following user gives a hug of support to edrivera61:
pme (08-30-2011)
Old 08-30-2011, 05:46 PM   #14
(male)

mbr HB Usermbr HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by edrivera61 View Post
keep your faith i had 2 neck operations also one was a laminectomy in the back of neck,the second from the front and fused multi-levels,and was paralyed tempory on left side,and then the rotator cuff tore,and ligaments ripped off my left shoulder so i had to get that repaired,after my feeling came back,but before that i was dx with cancer in sept 2009 the same day i heard of my neck surgery when i came home from nuerosurgeon call on answer machine call gyn asap my whole life has never been the same anxiety depression 3 surgies within 9 months so hold on prayers do get answered

Old 08-30-2011, 06:01 PM   #15
(male)

mbr HB Usermbr HB User
Re: virtual screen unit

I had the same surguaries you had, front and back.god has been good to me. I had quit going to church for a long time, this made me get right with him,and i`m so glad it did. My pain was so bad along with depression i was going to end it all ,i thought i would end up in a home, but god is working in me . I have faith that my case is settled,just waiting on the paper work. He can do all things. This site is helping me in many ways. It`s good to know your not alone, and others tell you what they know. Thanks to all and you, keep the faith and run the run as he is with each one of us

Closed Thread