It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2011, 06:22 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

vann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB User
Michigan 4 year welfare

Michigan became the first state to cut welfare cash benefits to 4 years. After 4 years you will be kicked off.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2011, 11:28 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Jacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB User
Re: Michigan 4 year welfare

Quote:
Originally Posted by vann04 View Post
Michigan became the first state to cut welfare cash benefits to 4 years. After 4 years you will be kicked off.
Yeah, I heard that this morning on the news. For those in MI, its likely possible they'll tweak that law. Thats pretty harsh. Between now and 4 years from now (if the count starts now) they'll change that up so it isn't a one shoe fits everyone type of law. We all know how that harms more than helps.

I understand the 'career welfare' peeps that coz this type of drastic legislation and I think we all understand some of the games being played out there.. but on the other hand, games are being played on both sides.

The part of the news that disturbed me the most was that they are going to allow welfare (card$) to be used at fa$t food places. Now that is just freakin greed by the fast food industry and in NO WAY helps achieve good nutrition for the needy as it is designed to do. I don't believe groceries paid for by welfare/tax dollars is suppose to accelerate or result in heart attacks & strokes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2011, 12:26 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

vann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacki345 View Post
Yeah, I heard that this morning on the news. For those in MI, its likely possible they'll tweak that law. Thats pretty harsh. Between now and 4 years from now (if the count starts now) they'll change that up so it isn't a one shoe fits everyone type of law. We all know how that harms more than helps.

I understand the 'career welfare' peeps that coz this type of drastic legislation and I think we all understand some of the games being played out there.. but on the other hand, games are being played on both sides.

The part of the news that disturbed me the most was that they are going to allow welfare (card$) to be used at fa$t food places. Now that is just freakin greed by the fast food industry and in NO WAY helps achieve good nutrition for the needy as it is designed to do. I don't believe groceries paid for by welfare/tax dollars is suppose to accelerate or result in heart attacks & strokes.
I agree with no ebt or link cards be used at fast food funny thing I was getting a watch battery and a woman in her 20s asked the clerk if they accept link cards I said wth and shook my head. That's the ones who the Michigan law is after and I am for that. These people having babies to stay on welfare so they don't have to work those days are over.

Old 09-07-2011, 01:10 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

I think they should be required to buy healthy foods but it does cost more to really eat healthy. But at the same time your not just talking adults there are children that need to be protected I feel for them they are the real loser in that game. There are a lot of people that do play by the rules and with this day and time have to use welfare to get by. I truely beleive people that are on welfare need every kind of help they can get. And need help to better themselves It does take a toll on people mentaly to have to use welfare just like people on ssi are ssdi it all takes a toll mentaly Yes I know ssdi is not welfare and we earned it but we all are human and its human nature to want to be self reliant. I hope MI is giving them the counceling they need to help their family survive.

Old 09-07-2011, 01:38 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacki345 View Post
LMAO Jacki. It seems everyone is chasing that almighty dollar. It does not matter if you have worked and earned it or if it was given to you.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:35 PM   #6
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

I think they have something like that in California. It is up to 5 years and if the parents have anther child the child is not eligible for any benefits. I cannot believe that they are accepting food stamps at fast food places. that is pretty low. In CA you cannot use the card for any take out food , even if it is food prepared , like chicken or something at a Walmart.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:45 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

ferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vann04 View Post
I agree with no ebt or link cards be used at fast food funny thing I was getting a watch battery and a woman in her 20s asked the clerk if they accept link cards I said wth and shook my head. That's the ones who the Michigan law is after and I am for that. These people having babies to stay on welfare so they don't have to work those days are over.
I was getting a watch battery and a woman in her 20s asked the clerk if they accept link cards I said wth and shook my head. That's the ones who the Michigan law is after and I am for that. These people having babies to stay on welfare so they don't have to work those days are over.

Situations like this are what is KILLING the system for the truly disabled/injured folks.

So SAD!!!!

Last edited by ferd144; 09-07-2011 at 04:47 PM.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:48 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscat40 View Post
I think they have something like that in California. It is up to 5 years and if the parents have anther child the child is not eligible for any benefits. I cannot believe that they are accepting food stamps at fast food places. that is pretty low. In CA you cannot use the card for any take out food , even if it is food prepared , like chicken or something at a Walmart.
Yep it won't be long before all the states will go to 4 years and if you have any more kids they will not be covered. I applaud Michigan the madness has to stop states cannot keep supporting people who do not want to work. The states are going broke and what would you rather see more covered welfare people or a reduction in law enforcement and fire fighters.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:06 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Jacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB User

Remember when we were discussing how Florida's Gov made it law that applicants of these state funds (addl to welfare payouts) would have to have a blood test, to make sure they aren't on drugs. Well, it had reported shortly afterwards that less than 1% were shown to have drugs in their system. So much for those on welfare/state funding are all druggies.

Anyway....

Today, investigative reporting connected the dots. These funds are federal monies pulled down by the Florida via grants. Florida quickly made the rules that all applicants must be tested. Should they fail the test, they are out the money for the test & can't apply again for one year. If they pass the test, the 'state' pays/reimburses.

Guess who's pocket the reimbursement comes from???

Yep -- The same grant money. So, at the end of the day FL's governor found a way to fund corporate America out of the money the federal govt has set aside for the needy.

Last edited by Jacki345; 09-08-2011 at 09:07 AM.

Closed Thread