HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Disabilities (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/disabilities/)
-   -   Supplemental Hearing (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/disabilities/867920-supplemental-hearing.html)

pme 09-07-2011 10:59 AM

Supplemental Hearing

[FONT="Arial"][/FONT]

I made my weekly phone call to ODAR to check the status of my appeal (hearing was February 4th), and was told the judge has scheduled a supplemental hearing on December 2nd. I'm sure at some point my attorney will call me and go over this, but has anyone here had a supplemental hearing? How did it differ (if at all) from the original hearing?

Does anyone have any thoughts on why the judge would require this second hearing?

pme 09-08-2011 04:36 PM

Re: Supplemental Hearing

Anybody???

BlueSkies14 09-08-2011 06:05 PM

[QUOTE=pme;4838078][FONT="Arial"][/FONT]

I made my weekly phone call to ODAR to check the status of my appeal (hearing was February 4th), and was told the judge has scheduled a supplemental hearing on December 2nd. I'm sure at some point my attorney will call me and go over this, but has anyone here had a supplemental hearing? How did it differ (if at all) from the original hearing?

Does anyone have any thoughts on why the judge would require this second hearing?[/QUOTE]This is incredible PME. You had a hearing in Feb. 2011 and here it is some almost 7 months later and you still haven't heard anything. I can't believe this. :mad:

pme 09-08-2011 06:27 PM

[QUOTE=BlueSkies14;4839037]This is incredible PME. You had a hearing in Feb. 2011 and here it is some almost 7 months later and you still haven't heard anything. I can't believe this. :mad:[/QUOTE]

I'm just lost on the supplemental hearing part. I don't understand why it is being required and what will happen at it. Have you ever heard of this happening before? And thanks for responding :)

BlueSkies14 09-08-2011 06:37 PM

[QUOTE=pme;4839052]I'm just lost on the supplemental hearing part. I don't understand why it is being required and what will happen at it. Have you ever heard of this happening before? And thanks for responding :)[/QUOTE]No, I have never heard of this after an ALJ hearing.

edrivera61 09-09-2011 04:16 AM

pme im so sorry your going through all of this i have not heard of this either.i cant imagine how you feel.what has your attorny said about this?

pme 09-09-2011 06:32 AM

[QUOTE=edrivera61;4839269]pme im so sorry your going through all of this i have not heard of this either.i cant imagine how you feel.what has your attorny said about this?[/QUOTE]

I left a message for her to call me back, but haven't heard from her.

Jacki345 09-09-2011 07:07 AM

[QUOTE=pme;4839327]I left a message for her to call me back, but haven't heard from her.[/QUOTE]

Can you talk with your paralegal? This is the weekend -- it will make you crazy before the next business day.. Perhaps calling SSA and asking them what/why a Sup hearing is being scheduled?

I'm new to all this and learning as I go. I haven't read anything in here of anyone having a supplemental hearing. But it seems to me it could be a good thing.

sunni123 09-10-2011 02:13 PM

A google search shows one possible reason for a supplemental hearing is a CE reveals "new facts" (according to one site), so maybe it is due to the new dx you got at your CE? If this is the case, then it seems a supplemental hearing could work in your favor.

pme 09-10-2011 02:43 PM

[QUOTE=sunni123;4840130]A google search shows one possible reason for a supplemental hearing is a CE reveals "new facts" (according to one site), so maybe it is due to the new dx you got at your CE? If this is the case, then it seems a supplemental hearing could work in your favor.[/QUOTE]

Thanks sunni123! I sure hope it's worth going through it again.