It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2011, 03:47 PM   #1
(female)

kek5772 HB User
Physical has been received... How long now ?

We received word today that hubby's physcial has been recived by SSD in Ohio. He is 55 and has an ICD in place after having a severe heart attack in March 2011, He also suffers from cardiomyopathy. My question is how long does it take for the final descion to be made after SS has recived it ? Also should we have applied for SSI also ? I thought that you had to be homeless or distitue to apply for SSI. Any information would be great.
Thanks and blessings,
Elizabeth

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: kek5772
jgrangran (09-21-2011), sickandtired99 (09-22-2011), VintageKym (09-21-2011)
Old 09-21-2011, 04:00 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB User
Re: Physical has been received ...How long now ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kek5772 View Post
We received word today that hubby's physcial has been recived by SSD in Ohio. He is 55 and has an ICD in place after having a severe heart attack in March 2011, He also suffers from cardiomyopathy. My question is how long does it take for the final descion to be made after SS has recived it ? Also should we have applied for SSI also ? I thought that you had to be homeless or distitue to apply for SSI. Any information would be great.
Thanks and blessings,
Elizabeth
If you are going to make comments like this.........at least spell them correctly!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2011, 04:02 PM   #3
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kek5772 View Post
Thanks and blessings,
Elizabeth
If he has just turned in his application claim , their is a 5 month waiting period where no benefits are paid and when the claim is being processed. The claim goes to DDS and a decision will be made . On the sixth month payments will began if their is a approval. If denied he will have 60 days to appeal for a reconsideration. When you apply for benefits it is for both SSI and SSDI. SSI is a needs based program. A couple cannot have more then $3000 worth in assets. It is incorrect you do not have to be homeless . The first car is not counted , neither is your home . If your husbands SSDI is low enough he might be eligible for SSI too. However, SSI is income based and is very strict . It is for people that do not have enough work credits for SSDI income. SSDI does not go by household income .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mscat40 For This Useful Post:
jgrangran (09-21-2011), kek5772 (09-21-2011)
Old 09-21-2011, 04:23 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

kek5772, I sure hope your husband gets approval quicky and everything goes smoothley for you. There is really no way of knowing how long it takes its different in almost every case even if you have the same illnessess. You just need to copy everything and keep track of everything ssa sends you. Do you have a lawyer this day and time it is worth getting a lawyer to help you. they don't charge unless you win. And welcome to this board and I really hope you read the other post it will help you a great deal. Its okay if you misspell things I do it all the time I wish I was blessed with a strong knowledge of spelling but I wasn't I have said many times I was going to get a dictionary and I forget to get it. Oh I did get one for my grandaughter but its a children"s one. ( LOL) My prayers are with you that your husband gets approved please keep us all posted there are a lot of nice people on this board that are very helpful.Have a Great Day

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jgrangran For This Useful Post:
kek5772 (09-21-2011), mscat40 (09-21-2011)
Old 09-21-2011, 04:38 PM   #5
(female)

VintageKym HB UserVintageKym HB UserVintageKym HB User

Hugs and prayers going up for ya
SSDI and or SSI is such a rough road to travel, but hopefully well worth the headache in the end.
. ...........when i am in pain, or in fibro fog, or having a manic/add episode i type and spell like i just started school, and I am sure most of us here feel the same way and could care less if the spelling and grammar police are watching us, heck we got enough to worry about.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VintageKym For This Useful Post:
kek5772 (09-21-2011), pme (09-21-2011), sickandtired99 (09-22-2011)
Old 09-21-2011, 04:40 PM   #6
(female)

VintageKym HB UserVintageKym HB UserVintageKym HB User

SSDI and or SSI is such a rough road to travel, but hopefully well worth the headache in the end.
. ...........when i am in pain, or in fibro fog, or having a manic/add episode i type and spell like i just started school, and I am sure most of us here feel the same way and could care less if the spelling and grammar police are watching us, heck we got enough to worry about.

Old 09-22-2011, 05:19 AM   #7
(female)

sickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageKym View Post
you and me both..some days I'm completely coherent and fine then other days I don't even know what day it is, let alone how to spell correctly....

kek5772 good luck on your husband's claim and getting through quickly; I would apply for all the help I could and see what they say

Old 09-22-2011, 07:49 PM   #8
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageKym View Post
I can idenify with that ! my spelling leaves a lot to be desired , but thankfully on here everyone is forgiving .

Closed Thread