It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2011, 10:15 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User
Notice of award letter

After you were approved for SSDI and you received your approval letter from the SSA, how long after that (approximately) did it take SS to send you out the notice of award letter. I was approved approx. 2 months ago. I did finally get an approval letter but have not heard anything else from SS since. I have read on some other boards that depending on the workload at the payment processing center, for some ppl it can be (the backpayment) as long as a year. These delays in claims processing from the initial application to the final approval and payments start date is enough to drive you mad. You can really get bog down in this mess and when you call no one can really give you any sattisfactory answers. I am simply going to try to tune SS out until I get that notice of award letter. Then, if no payments by the dates stated in that letter, I will call my local SSA and inquire. I wish I could only contact via e-mail. I have called two times only to discover they have some very incompetent, altho nice ppl, who work at the SSA. The whole process from start to finish is one big body drain. I can't imagine trying to go thru this maddening process a second time. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Last edited by BlueSkies14; 09-24-2011 at 10:18 AM.

Old 09-24-2011, 12:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User
Re: Notice of award letter

Aw, hang in there Blueskies this to shall pass, Your approved Yea and you will evently get it it just takes time no rhyme are reason some get it quick some don't But you have been approved thats more than half this horrible battle it will be over soon you'll see. Hang in there pass the time by helping people on this board like your so good at. Your a great person while a lot of knowledge you will get thru this hang in there My friend

Last edited by jgrangran; 09-24-2011 at 12:05 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2011, 12:34 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrangran View Post
Aw, hang in there Blueskies this to shall pass, Your approved Yea and you will evently get it it just takes time no rhyme are reason some get it quick some don't But you have been approved thats more than half this horrible battle it will be over soon you'll see. Hang in there pass the time by helping people on this board like your so good at. Your a great person while a lot of knowledge you will get thru this hang in there My friend
Thanks jgrangran. You are too kind. You are absolutely right. It really does not do you any good to worry. It will happen when it happens like you said. There is no rhyme or reason like you also said. That is the really hard part. Most people like to feel a little bit in control and feel like we have some control over our destinies I suppose but no way when you apply for SSDI. LOL>>>>you are simply at the mercy of the SSA. The only thing you can do is provide/do anything that they request and wait on them to take action. I hope you are enjoying your Saturday. How is your hubby doing btw? I hope he is as nice as you are. You deserve someone nice.

Old 09-24-2011, 12:47 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

Thank-you for your nice coment, Yes my husband is very very nice all he wants is me to be happy and healthy How is your Saturday going. I havent been tying much I think I need glasses things look blurry and then I get motion sickness LOL. I'm fine tho thanks again for asking . Have a great day my good friend

Old 09-24-2011, 01:06 PM   #5
(female)

pme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB User

I sure wish I had an answer for you. But like jgrangran said, at least the hard part is over..you're approved! I hope that you don't have a long wait for your backpay. I hope it just shows up in your account any day now! Have a good weekend

Old 09-24-2011, 04:18 PM   #6
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies14 View Post
After you were approved for SSDI and you received your approval letter from the SSA, how long after that (approximately) did it take SS to send you out the notice of award letter. I was approved approx. 2 months ago. I did finally get an approval letter but have not heard anything else from SS since. I have read on some other boards that depending on the workload at the payment processing center, for some ppl it can be (the backpayment) as long as a year. These delays in claims processing from the initial application to the final approval and payments start date is enough to drive you mad. You can really get bog down in this mess and when you call no one can really give you any sattisfactory answers. I am simply going to try to tune SS out until I get that notice of award letter. Then, if no payments by the dates stated in that letter, I will call my local SSA and inquire. I wish I could only contact via e-mail. I have called two times only to discover they have some very incompetent, altho nice ppl, who work at the SSA. The whole process from start to finish is one big body drain. I can't imagine trying to go thru this maddening process a second time. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
I do not remember how long it took to get the award letter. Keep checking your bank account , because your backpay could show up any day now. This is what happened to me. before I even knew anything I had a lot of money already in my account. That is how I knew I was approved. It sounds like everything is very backlogged at social security! i am still waiting to hear something about my son's claim . It is very nerve racking , each day going to the mailbox, and there is nothing! You are correct about SSA. If you called them again and spoke to a different person you would get a completely different response! It is good that you know you are approved, so it is a matter of time you will recieve your money and backpay!

Old 09-26-2011, 10:11 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Thanks Mscat. I hope you had a terrific weekend.

Old 09-26-2011, 10:34 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

gayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB User

After I was notified by phone, the official award letter came the next week.

And yes, keep checking your bank account! When I saw that first deposit, it was like a ton of bricks was lifted off my back - and believe me, my back can't even hold up one brick.

Hang in there Blue! The waiting is so hard, but it is almost over now.

The following user gives a hug of support to gayle428:
Dobie (11-19-2011)
Old 09-26-2011, 12:24 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

ferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB User

The exact order after after ALJ hearing for me was:

1) Notified by attorney of fully favorable decision within 2-3 weeks
2) Received letter of approval in writing ~2 weeks afterwards
3) Back-pay
4) Award letter
5) First SSDI montly check
5) Medicare Card

Old 09-26-2011, 01:26 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

gayle4102>>>>>Thanks!

ferd144>>>>> Did SSA ever call you by phone before the backpay deposit or did the deposit just show up one day? Like most people, I filled out all the banking info. for direct deposit during the initial application stages.

Old 09-26-2011, 01:46 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

gayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies14 View Post
gayle4102>>>>>Thanks!

ferd144>>>>> Did SSA ever call you by phone before the backpay deposit or did the deposit just show up one day? Like most people, I filled out all the banking info. for direct deposit during the initial application stages.
Even though you asked ferd, I will answer too

I also gave the SSA my bank info when I applied, but the local office still called me when I was approved, to get it again. Even though it did not happen to me, I have know others who just had money show up in their account one day - they had no idea they had been approved.

Hang in there!

Old 09-26-2011, 02:25 PM   #12
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayle4102 View Post

I also gave the SSA my bank info when I applied, but the local office still called me when I was approved, to get it again. Even though it did not happen to me, I have know others who just had money show up in their account one day - they had no idea they had been approved.

Hang in there!
Cool>>>>>thanks Gayle! Hope you have been doing ok.

Old 09-26-2011, 03:22 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

ferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB Userferd144 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayle4102 View Post

Hang in there!

No-one called me........in fact my direct deposit account wasn't even "approved" yet ,and the payment came via check in the mail

Scary system!

Old 09-26-2011, 03:54 PM   #14
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

They call to verify your bank information .

Closed Thread