It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2011, 09:59 AM   #1
(male)

9 lv spinal fus HB User9 lv spinal fus HB User9 lv spinal fus HB User
What do I do now??? After being denied at hearing level.

I was denied at hearing level. They gave none of my doc's any weight...My advocate(Allsup) said not to appeal and try to find work. Because there are going to deny me again if everything is the same. But they didnt have records of my rehab doctor that im seeing now. I wonder if that would make a difference. And Im scheduled to see a neurologist soon. Can someone give me some advice? My thoracic spinal fusion did not work and its made my lower back pain even worse....I dont understand how they think I can work being on these meds...

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: 9 lv spinal fus
BlueSkies14 (09-27-2011), mscat40 (09-27-2011), pme (09-27-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2011, 10:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB User
Re: What do I do now??? After being denied at hearing level.

Hi there, I also have back issues, and was denied at my hearing.

I did appeal my hearing, and also started a new case. I was approved at the reconsideration level of my second case, while my first case is waiting for a Federal Court date.

If Allsup said not to appeal, it sounds to me like you need a new advocate. I used a local attorney, who was wonderful.

I know this whole process is frustrating, but we are all here to help and support in any way we can.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2011, 10:22 AM   #3
(female)

pme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB Userpme HB User

I just wanted to say I'm so sorry you were denied benefits. Please don't give up, go ahead and file an appeal, maybe with a new attorney. Like the previous poster said, you can also file a new application. Since you are seeing new doctors, their diagnoses/treatment plans may make a difference on your claim. Good luck!

Old 09-27-2011, 03:23 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

I agree. File a new claim. You can not work anyway. How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I am surprised Allsup did not want to pursue further. I used Allsup and they got me approved OTR. I am so sorry to hear about the adverse decision but please do not give up on your claim. That is what SSA wants you to do.

Old 09-27-2011, 03:52 PM   #5
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

I think it is worth a try to appeal this decision especially after you seen these new Dr's and then go ahead and re-file a claim. If you need a new Lawyer to support you then I would do that too. I am sorry you have to go through this . I know it is absolutely draining. Keep trying though and don't give up.

The Following User Says Thank You to mscat40 For This Useful Post:
9 lv spinal fus (09-27-2011)
Old 09-27-2011, 06:16 PM   #6
(male)

Hey I just want to say thanks for all the replies...this is a great forum!!! I will keep pursuing my claim...its just so frustrating at this point. thank you all for the advice. hugs and more hugs to all.

The following user gives a hug of support to 9 lv spinal fus:
mscat40 (09-28-2011)
Old 09-27-2011, 06:22 PM   #7
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayle4102 View Post
Hi there, I also have back issues, and was denied at my hearing.

I did appeal my hearing, and also started a new case. I was approved at the reconsideration level of my second case, while my first case is waiting for a Federal Court date.

If Allsup said not to appeal, it sounds to me like you need a new advocate. I used a local attorney, who was wonderful.

I know this whole process is frustrating, but we are all here to help and support in any way we can.
Hi and thanks for yr response...the new lawyer i talked to told me that you can not file a new claim while you file a appeal...has anyone heard about this new rule...he said it was jus put in place within the last 30 days...im thinking since all the new claims bogging down the system, thats why they made the rule...

Closed Thread