It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2011, 11:55 PM   #16
(female)

NanaMonster HB User
Re: Received disability award letter by mistake???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscat40 View Post
My sons approval letter came today after responding to you. He is eligble for adult child's benefits and SSI. The SSI is still being worked on and the other he is suppose to get money Oct 3.
I would give it a couple weeks and call your DDS worker , ask if their was a decision made on your claim . Your worker may tell you their is a decision but will not tell you what it is . If this happens wait anther week or two and then call your local S.S. office , or go down there yourself and find out. I have learned that if your claim goes back to the field office (local S.S office) that means it was approved, because the S.S reps figure out payment amounts before it goes to the payment center. If the claim is denied at the initial stage or the reconsideration stage the claim stays at the DDS office and waits for an Appeal for a certain amount of time>
That's wonderful news MSCAT, I'm so glad it's working out for you. Oct.3 is just around the corner. Yay for you! Thanks for your advice...I plan on laying low for the next week or so and see what happens. I sure hope it works out that I get to keep the payment they are sending me on Oct. 12. I just hate the thought that the money will be in my possession finally and I have no IDEA if I'll get to keep it or have to send it back. All the papers have already gone to the payment center and my account is set up, at this point I was told that the check WILL be sent to me on the 12th and I just need to hold on to it until a decision has been made. I would hate to be this close and have them yank it right back out of my hands!

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: NanaMonster
jgrangran (09-29-2011), mscat40 (09-29-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2011, 04:21 AM   #17
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaMonster View Post
I sure hope you're right BlueSkies! I'm 50 and have major depression/anxiety/sleeping problems
Wow, you are the same as me Nana. I am 50 too and suffer with the exact same conditions as yourself. What meds are you taking? Perhaps you are on something that could help me a little that I have not tried. I have really grown tolerant to benzos (valium, klonopin, xanax) after being on them for over 20 years so they don't really work anymore. Again, I hope the quick approval stands after the QR. I was approved for these conditions but it took me over 20 months to get approved.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:02 AM   #18
(female)

NanaMonster HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies14 View Post
Wow, you are the same as me Nana. I am 50 too and suffer with the exact same conditions as yourself. What meds are you taking? Perhaps you are on something that could help me a little that I have not tried. I have really grown tolerant to benzos (valium, klonopin, xanax) after being on them for over 20 years so they don't really work anymore. Again, I hope the quick approval stands after the QR. I was approved for these conditions but it took me over 20 months to get approved.
Blue, I'm on Effexor, Klonopin, and Ambian. I've been taking medicine since 1996 and have pretty much tried them all due to side effects or tolerance. I recently found out I have a thyroid condition, so I've also been taking levothyroxine for the last 4 or 5 months. It's always nice to talk to someone who actually understands depression/anxiety and I do hope you find something else that helps you. It's all trial and error with the medications and I know how unpleasant it is when switching meds.... trying to find the right combination or dosage etc. Thank you for your support during this stressful time. Hopefully I'll have some good news to share in the next week or so.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:28 AM   #19
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

I also have a thyroid problem and take the same med you do as well as Klonopin, and others too. A coupke for major depression and it is not fun. My Psych. Doctor changes my meds around every so often an sometimes I won't take all of the meds he perscibes .With the low Thyroid it is really hard to lose weight .It is also linked to depression so that does not help matters at all. Please keep us posted on what happens in the next few weeks .

The following user gives a hug of support to mscat40:
NanaMonster (10-01-2011)
Old 10-01-2011, 12:26 AM   #20
(female)

NanaMonster HB User
Unhappy Re: Received disability award letter by mistake???

Mscat....Yes I've heard that thyroid problems can contribute to depression. Do you have your thyroid somewhat balanced out? I'm still trying to get mine where it needs to be. DDS told me I would have a decision in a week. I'll be sure to post the results here. I'm so worried, it's hard to think about much else! And yes I'm upset that they screwed up the way they did by saying I was approved. Now the website states that my benefits have been suspended/terminated. I'm scared to death that they may not approve me now. ugh!

The following user gives a hug of support to NanaMonster:
NElady (10-01-2011)
Old 10-01-2011, 02:41 PM   #21
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaMonster View Post
Mscat....Yes I've heard that thyroid problems can contribute to depression. Do you have your thyroid somewhat balanced out? I'm still trying to get mine where it needs to be. DDS told me I would have a decision in a week. I'll be sure to post the results here. I'm so worried, it's hard to think about much else! And yes I'm upset that they screwed up the way they did by saying I was approved. Now the website states that my benefits have been suspended/terminated. I'm scared to death that they may not approve me now. ugh!
I have been taking the same Thyroid meds as you for a while now. it is very hard to draw blood on me so that has not been done in a while. I don;t knoow if it is balanced out .
One more week to go , that is so freakin hard to wait. I was very anxoius about my son's, then I just gave up a little , the next day he had a decision in the mail . I hope that your benefits go through. This is so nerve racking. the DDS worker will look at the CE results, and then make a decision. You can call the worker back in a week and he should be able to tell you.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:30 PM   #22
(female)

NanaMonster HB User

Thank you for your kind words mscat. This is such a stressful time.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: NanaMonster
jgrangran (10-04-2011), mscat40 (10-04-2011)
Old 10-04-2011, 06:49 AM   #23
Senior Veteran
(male)

vann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscat40 View Post
I have been taking the same Thyroid meds as you for a while now. it is very hard to draw blood on me so that has not been done in a while. I don;t knoow if it is balanced out .
One more week to go , that is so freakin hard to wait. I was very anxoius about my son's, then I just gave up a little , the next day he had a decision in the mail . I hope that your benefits go through. This is so nerve racking. the DDS worker will look at the CE results, and then make a decision. You can call the worker back in a week and he should be able to tell you.
My gf has no thyroid hers was taken out due to cancer 10 years ago and she is on medication and has no problems at all . It took time to get the right dosage but now she is good as before they took it out.

Old 10-07-2011, 01:00 AM   #24
(female)

NanaMonster HB User

Vann, I'm glad your girlfriend is doing much better...that's great news. Mine seems to be leveling out some, I just stay tired all the time. Cat, how are you suppose to measure your thyroid function without blood tests? I'm sorry you have problems giving blood...there has to be a way somehow, in order to balance your medications. I do hope you're working with your doctor on this.

I was told by SSA that a decision would be made this week. Tomorrow's Friday and I have a feeling I won't hear from them. I'll just keep on waiting.......

Old 10-07-2011, 07:04 AM   #25
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vann04 View Post
My gf has no thyroid hers was taken out due to cancer 10 years ago and she is on medication and has no problems at all . It took time to get the right dosage but now she is good as before they took it out.
Good to hear your gf is doing great Vann.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:45 AM   #26
Senior Veteran
(male)

vann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB Uservann04 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies14 View Post
Good to hear your gf is doing great Vann.
Thanks blue she is doing great and we are living in Clearwater Florida now and she is finally slowing down from the fast pace of Chicago. A much slower pace down here and lot cheaper also. What is nice no sales tax and best of all no snow. Gas here is $3.25 here compared to close to $4 in chicago.

Closed Thread