It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2011, 10:00 AM   #1
(female)

Dobie HB UserDobie HB UserDobie HB UserDobie HB UserDobie HB UserDobie HB User
Hearing in 5 days and I am physically ill just thinking about it ~

I cannot stop worrying about my hearing!! I thought I was going to get an OTR and so did my lawyer because I meet 4 of the listings. The clerk called my attorney a few days ago and said: "Good news, the judge was going to make an OTR but since there is Congressional Interest (I wrote to my congressman) we have to go through with the hearing." What the heck does that mean? Has he already made a decision and this is a formality?? Of course, the paralegal did think to question the clerk - so now I have asked her to call the Judge's clerk to get clarification of the comment "good news".

This process of getting SSDI is so arduous, it has affected my health. I can barely get out of bed because of my pain and now add panic attacks to this - I am a hot mess!! Please God let this be over soon before I have a stroke!

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Dobie
gayle428 (10-07-2011), pme (10-07-2011)
Old 10-07-2011, 02:18 PM   #2
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User
Re: Hearing in 5 days and I am physically ill just thinking about it ~

i hope that this is the last step you have to go through. I am sorry it has taken such a toll on you and your health. A lot more people win at the judge's level then any other stage. Try to think positive , and be calm . I know that is easier said then done, but I think you have a good chance winning.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #3
(female)

Thank you mscat - I just got an email from the paralegal - she talked to the clerk today who said that she could not give her opinion but she did say, AGAIN, and I quote: " ... because I contacted my congressman, we have to proceed to hearing". I was thinking about it and... or what, they would have not had a hearing and made an OTR decision? This whole things is driving me mad. I do have to relax, my whole body hurts from head to toe. Thanks for responding. I hope you are well.

Last edited by mod85; 10-08-2011 at 05:28 AM.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:04 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

gayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB User

Waiting is SO hard, especially when it is something so important. Hang in there - we are pulling for you.

Old 10-08-2011, 05:08 AM   #5
(female)

Thanks so much, Gayle. They really put you through so much stress trying to get what is rightfully yours to use, if warranted. I guess next they will be giving us Polygraphs at the hhearing, just ridiculous. I will keep you posted.

Last edited by mod85; 10-08-2011 at 05:29 AM.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:46 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

BB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB UserBB07 HB User

you and many, many are going thru same distress-i did also-in fact just before my hearing i had made myself so sick worrying about it-it was awful. just go in there,let your attorney do everything-the judge will question you too-just make sure what you say matches your documentation and you will do fine. good luck!

Old 10-08-2011, 01:53 PM   #7
(female)

Thank you BB07, i need all the support I can get. I think the Judge was going to make an OTR but was told by clerk that since I had contacted my congressman, they have to proceed with the hearing. I am hoping mine is short like yours and he will give a decision on the bench that day. I am praying it all goes quickly because we are out of money after going thru savings, 401k, refinanced house, borrowed from parents, we are broke. Say a prayer for me I am so scared. Will keep you informed. Thank you again for your support, it means the world to me.

Last edited by mod85; 10-08-2011 at 07:59 PM.

Old 10-08-2011, 02:01 PM   #8
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

I think it was a good idea that you contaced your congressman. Even if it means going to court. This can only work in your favor.

The Following User Says Thank You to mscat40 For This Useful Post:
Dobie (10-08-2011)
Old 10-08-2011, 10:53 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

NElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB UserNElady HB User

I think that it is good news since they were going to issue you an OTR. I don't see how you contacting your congressman could make you any less disabled. So I think it is just a formality, and I am sure you will do fine in court. I bet it will be very quick since it sounds like the judge has already decided you are disabled. The judge should have my case right now to review for OTR as well, so I am just waiting to hear something and am nervous as well!! Keep us posted as to how your hearing goes!!!!!! Hugs and prayers for you!!!!

Old 10-09-2011, 02:33 AM   #10
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402lady View Post
I think that it is good news since they were going to issue you an OTR. I don't see how you contacting your congressman could make you any less disabled. So I think it is just a formality, and I am sure you will do fine in court. I bet it will be very quick since it sounds like the judge has already decided you are disabled. The judge should have my case right now to review for OTR as well, so I am just waiting to hear something and am nervous as well!! Keep us posted as to how your hearing goes!!!!!! Hugs and prayers for you!!!!
Thanks 402lady, good luck to you as well. I really hope it is over quickly, i get nervous and start to talk to much.. lol. Although, with all of me meds, i really dont do that anymore..lol. maybe I will be ok. Geesh, i cant believe how stressed i am. It may have something to do with reading on these boards how mean some of the judges are. One poor woman, similar to me where she is not a candidate for surgery, but went to 2 surgeons who told her no (I went to 3) and the judge snapped at her and said something like.. why didn't you get 3rd and 4th opinions... I don't want to be yelled at because with all I have been through, I.may just yell back. Keep you posted and praying for you as well.

Closed Thread