It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2011, 11:44 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User
Question about Medicare

Does anyone know does Medicare go by both spouses income we are both disabled but my income is a lot lower than his.?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2011, 09:11 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User
Re: Question about Medicare

Are you asking will the premiums for part B be different for you and your husband?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2011, 09:41 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

LOL Blueskies you know me I can get anyone confused, Medicare just sent something out for me to apply for extra help with Precription drug plan and said I may quifty for extra help with paying for medicare I am thinking it part a and b I called them and got them totaliy confused as well LOL because on one question asked about total income but my husbands medicare just kicked in so his income is going down because they are taking 115.00 out and 25.00 drug plan. So I was just wondering If I will be able to get help paying for my medicare but its just wishful thinking mine comes in effect this Feb. Thanks for replying I'm hoping sence we are both disabled maybe oh well its worth a shot.

Old 10-14-2011, 02:45 PM   #4
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

It is very worth the shot I don't have to pay anything for medicare.. I have both coverages, so you might qualify too . I also have Medi cal from the state , so extra coverage. I do not know if they go by spouse's income or not.

The following user gives a hug of support to mscat40:
jgrangran (10-14-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to mscat40 For This Useful Post:
jgrangran (10-14-2011)
Old 10-14-2011, 03:13 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mscat40, I did hear Cal. helps there people a lot I know someone from Cal. and she told me that. I'm glad you get help. I'm really not sure If I will get it but it never hurts to try since they arethe ones who sent me the pkg. Anyways I keep you guys posted thanks again for replying have a Great Week-end

The following user gives a hug of support to jgrangran:
mscat40 (10-14-2011)
Old 10-15-2011, 11:26 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User

Yeah, definitely apply jgrangran. When do you become eligible for medicare? I hope all you guys have a fantastic weekend. SpineAZ is doing ok. She is still recovering from her knee replacement surgery. I am sure she will start posting again when she feels a little better. She is such a huge resource to this board as well as many others who post here regularly. The support is fantastic. We all keep each other going. Even when I don't post, I come here almost daily to read.

Old 10-15-2011, 12:02 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

I do miss spineaz also, She is a very big help to all. But so are you. I become eligiable in Feb. Spine was right on that one also I remmber when I had trouble trying to find out the onset date but she helped me are tried I finally just acted like I understood LOL I'm good at that. Anyway I am hoping to have a good week-end. I tried looking but I think I don't quifly because we make to much like( really). We are always like 200.00 to much for something always seems like I wish we could get a break But it just make me feel anyone that gets help really needs the help exspecially if they meet those low guild lines its sad but I count my blessing daily I know my situation could be worse. At least we owe our house. Anyways have a great week-end

Old 11-07-2011, 08:29 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

gayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB Usergayle428 HB User

Today I received a letter from Social Security with forms to fill out.

It says: You may be eligible to get Extra Help paying for prescription drugs and other Medicare costs.

The forms ask for financial info for me and a spouse (if married). So it looks like they do include your husband's income, when they decide if you are eligible.

Old 11-08-2011, 04:38 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks Gayle4102, I found that out and I don't get extra help because they also go by before medicare is taken out but I have learned to got and fillout anything that you could get help on because you don't know unless you try. Good Luck and hope you get the extra help. Thanks again for all your wonderful help.

Closed Thread