It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2011, 07:35 AM   #1
(female)

Dobie HB UserDobie HB UserDobie HB UserDobie HB UserDobie HB UserDobie HB User
Had my hearing yesterday (10/13) - my attorney said I won!

Hi everyone! Well, I finally had my hearing - it was very long - a little over an hour - I was shaking and sweating in so much pain - actually had to get up at one point. The judge must have asked me 50 questions, although he was very nice. My attorney had me leave the room before him and he stayed back. He told me to wait for him. He came out and said to me that I had won - the judge said that I met a grid and why he was still ... I can't remember what he said... I think it meant defending me with the medical records since I had already met the grid. At any rate, we also tried to amend the onset date to when I went out on STD in 8/09 and the judge has yet to decide on that issue. He said I would be hearing in 2 to 4 weeks.

My attorney said that he thought it went really well and the judge was very nice. He also said that since this was a new judge (new as of October, 2011) and I was one of his first cases, and since I contacted my congressman, he did EVERYTHING by the book and that is why it took so long. I am still a little nervous because I have to see it for myself. I do trust my lawyer but I wish the judge would have just said right there with me in the room that I was fully approved instead of me having to hear it from my lawyer. Thank you to alll for your support that was so invaluable to me. I will keep everyone updated when I get my approval letter.

I do have questions about direct deposit - how do they get that information, does it come with the approval letter.
How does the child benefit and child back pay work - does it come combined with my benefit? Do I have to go to SS and supply them with a birth certificate, etc. Will that also come information also come in the approval letter? Thanks again to all. Kisses!

The following user gives a hug of support to Dobie:
ferd144 (10-14-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2011, 08:05 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

BlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB UserBlueSkies14 HB User
Re: Had my hearing yesterday (10/13) - my attorney said I won!

Congrats Dobie. I used Allup when I initially applied in Jan. 2010. I filled out all the direct deposit stuff at the outset when Allsup did the initial application. If you did not do it in the beginning, SS will contact you via phone from what others have posted here and obtain that info. from you directly. Again, congrats.

Last edited by mod85; 10-14-2011 at 08:57 AM.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:42 AM   #3
(female)

Thanks BlueSkies, thats what I thought too. So, and the wait begins again. Its enough to drive you mad!

The Following User Says Thank You to Dobie For This Useful Post:
fibrowendy (10-19-2012)
Old 10-14-2011, 08:52 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

Congrats to youYea I think they will contact you with all the banking infromation they need to direct desposit but while they are talking to you about that try to remmber to ask about child benifits I think I remmber reading in these post you have to go to the office to set up that but I could be wrong. Good Luck to you and again thanks for the reply back it helps other and gives them hope it would also be helpful to let everyone know your time line how many times you were denied and dates I'm glad that part of waiting is over for you now just to wait for the letter of award and the despoisit. Yea again Also you could also help many on this board by checking back every once in a while

The Following User Says Thank You to jgrangran For This Useful Post:
Dobie (10-14-2011)
Old 10-14-2011, 12:59 PM   #5
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrangran View Post
Congrats to youYea I think they will contact you with all the banking infromation they need to direct desposit but while they are talking to you about that try to remmber to ask about child benifits I think I remmber reading in these post you have to go to the office to set up that but I could be wrong. Good Luck to you and again thanks for the reply back it helps other and gives them hope it would also be helpful to let everyone know your time line how many times you were denied and dates I'm glad that part of waiting is over for you now just to wait for the letter of award and the despoisit. Yea again Also you could also help many on this board by checking back every once in a while
Thanks for the information jgrangran! I will certainly update once I receive teh approval letter, etc. I agree, I would love to help others or give them some hope in some way as everyone here has done for me.
My timeline is:
Applied for SSDI 6/2010
Onset Date( last day of work): 4/7/10
Received Denial: 12/2010 (no reconsideration in my state of PA)
Hired attorney/filed appeal: 12/2010
Letter to Congressman: 8/2011
Hearing date: 10/13/2011
Attorney told me that I had won at hearing.
Waiting on papers.

Thanks again.

Old 10-14-2011, 01:18 PM   #6
(female)

mscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB Usermscat40 HB User

Hi Dobie,
I am so glad this is over for you! I know how stressed out you were about the hearing. Congradulations on your approval If you have not set up direct deposit already call social security or go down to your local office. It will be faster if you go down to the office. When you do take your children's information , social security numbers, birth certifficates . That way you can do it all at once and everything will be ready for you to get paid. It would be better if you waited a couple weeks to do this because it takes time for all the new information to get back to your local field office. That is where your claim is going for processing. Your Lawyer will be paid first , and then any backpay will be calculated. Your kids will also be entitled to backpay depending on your date of onset.

The Following User Says Thank You to mscat40 For This Useful Post:
Dobie (10-17-2011)
Old 10-14-2011, 04:11 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

sunni123 HB Usersunni123 HB Usersunni123 HB Usersunni123 HB Usersunni123 HB Usersunni123 HB Usersunni123 HB Usersunni123 HB Usersunni123 HB Usersunni123 HB Usersunni123 HB User

Congrats, that is great news!

The Following User Says Thank You to sunni123 For This Useful Post:
Dobie (10-14-2011)
Closed Thread