HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Disabilities (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/disabilities/)
-   -   Had my alj hearing....any thoughts? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/disabilities/874676-had-my-alj-hearing-any-thoughts.html)

lifewithfibro 10-21-2011 01:52 PM

Had my alj hearing....any thoughts?

:eek:Hello to all,

I had my social security hearing on Oct 13th.

The judge was very nice. He and my lawyer put all of my info "on the record". There was no VE or ME present.

The judge asked me only four or five questions. None of which related to my fibro or pain. He asked about my fatigue, ibs (how often I go....is it fast or do I strain....what makes it worse), and anxiety. He wanted to know how I got to the hearing, if I do the grocery shopping)etc...

Then it was over. The entire hearing lasted about 15 minutes. My lawyer said that he felt it "went well".

Has anyone else experienced this? I stressed for weeks before the hearing, and I think I'm even more stressed now.

Does anyone have an opinion about how it went? I'm a nervous wreck right now!

mscat40 10-21-2011 02:32 PM

Re: Had my alj hearing....any thoughts?

I have heard som ALJ hearings are fast like yours , and i have heard some are very long up to a hour. Maybe the Judge had enough evidence by asking you just a few questions . This may be a really good sign. I also know that the ALJ asks questions that has nothing to do with your disability so I think that is common. Hopefully the wait time won't be long and it will be a fast approval .

bigblueh20 10-21-2011 03:36 PM

I had the same exact experience...15 minutes..only me, lawyer, judge and stenographer. Judge asked me many questions, none related to my health or condition. My lawyer felt that this was all good and expressed that he would be shocked if i didnt win. The judge never asked my lawyer if he wanted to ask me any questions. Now the waiting game begins. I hope the best for you. I will keep you posted as to what happens with my case. Good luck.

lifewithfibro 10-21-2011 08:59 PM

I wish you only good news. Keep me posted on how you fair. When was your hearing?

Slaughter1984 10-21-2011 09:08 PM

Good luck...... keep us posted. If you can, can you post your time frame? I like to find out peoples time frames so i can see where i might be. I know every place is different i know it does help calm my nerves, a little, sometimes.

lifewithfibro 10-21-2011 09:26 PM

I initially filed in nov 2009. I was denied, appealed, denied a second time, had my hearing Oct 13, 2011. I am in month 24, but it feels like forever and a day!

I quit work in early 2007. Silly me thought I just needed to rest......who knew?

Slaughter1984 10-21-2011 09:32 PM

I understand the rest part i had to stop working in jan 2007. I thought my toe was still broken then i found out i had a lot wrong with me now i cannot work. I hope the best for you and thanks for the time line

flaco 10-22-2011 05:25 PM

..i had my hearing on the 13th also ..i had ve there, she didn't have anything to say..my hearing lasted 15-20 minutes ..now we just have to wait..